What's new

New Block Infinite in MKX?

Should this be banned at TFC?

• Yes.

• No. Let it rock.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I'm not just talking about Ronin. I meant the 27 buffs that affected the character as a whole. He wasn't even the worst character in the roster, but NRS seems adamant to believe that he needed the most help lol.
Yeah I agree they went stupid overboard like they tend to do without proper testing before releasing.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I thought he was talking about the F/T one, but then it turns out to be Takeda.
Thank goodness for 7 and 6 frame pokes.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
Wait so this is "okay" to people but BS Shinnok's guaranteed pressure that costed meter was "too good"?

TYM logic, never change.
Shinnok was still good before the +block string so people were used to playing against him on a competitive level and then he just got dumb, nobodys really been bodied by a takeda yet just wait and you'll start to see them changing their minds.

666 I HazeOner

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
This. The fact that this character even needed 27 buffs to be considered viable is pretty ridiculous.
Imagine this top 8 at a major !? I would get hype as f*ck :)
At least some people get it. We paid a good amount of money to beta test a tripple A game that's supposed to be competitive. MK is in the top 50 of biggest video game franchises fss.

not wanting to lose isnt some hidden agenda LOL these top tournament guys live off of this shit this is their lively hood and they dont want to lose money to a bug or infinite. Not some devious hidden agenda.
I didn't specifically say that the O.P. has a hidden agenda, because I don't know Reo personally and therefore I cannot judge him. One thing needs to be clear, the dude played Kabal & glitch/run jabbed his way to many tournament victories (and it was freaking hype :) ).

And 'hidden agenda' may sound devious in your ears, but have you ever considered about the fact that:
- Top players cannot stay on top forever and will need a job someday, Paulo/Seth/Combofiend/16Bit/... were players too, just saying...
- Some players keep their main's tech secret but post 'broken' tech they found with other characters.
- Some have sponsors that want their name out in public.
- Some are just plain stupid/ too honest/ like to be in the center of attention, even if it means giving away that easier tournament win.

I'm 32 years old and seen quite a lot of the world through travelling, humans are animals. We all have hidden agenda's of some sorts, it's normal, it's called survival. So please don't go all 'top players just want to play the game' on me, the summer of love was just a dream. Time to take of them rose tinted glasses. :)

JLsmooth

PSN : JLsmoothy
I'm not just talking about Ronin. I meant the 27 buffs that affected the character as a whole. He wasn't even the worst character in the roster, but NRS seems adamant to believe that he needed the most help lol.
Ok Ronin got a lot of buffs, but you think Shirai ryu or Lasher are overpowered now? I don't think so, Shiraï Ryu has a lot of gap, just one less after the patch but there is not a lot of change. (except the tri kunaï)

Do not ban this unless you are prepared to ban all the other characters who do something similar to predator and quan. At least you have armor to get out. Risk reward...

A- List Cage is a perfect example. Your only gap requires you to use armor. Do not ban this.

However, I do think situations like this are bullshit. nothing in the game should be more than +6 or +7 on block. Fix all of these situations

Renzokuken

Gay Hawkeye
Ok Ronin got a lot of buffs, but you think Shirai ryu or Lasher are overpowered now? I don't think so, Shiraï Ryu has a lot of gap, just one less after the patch but there is not a lot of change. (except the tri kunaï)
Never said anything about Takeda being OP. I was just pointing out the obvious fact that he received the most buffs.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
I know what an OS is, and I'm not sure if it was already with Takeda, but I was just labbing him out of boredom and I found a string that isn't listed that only unleashes his chains if my first hit lands. On block they won't come out.

I'm gonna keep it to myself until I figure it out. I think they broke him though.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I know what an OS is, and I'm not sure if it was already with Takeda, but I was just labbing him out of boredom and I found a string that isn't listed that only unleashes his chains if my first hit lands. On block they won't come out.

I'm gonna keep it to myself until I figure it out. I think they broke him though.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
When one of the pros post it, just remember where you saw it mentioned first ;-)

If I was home I'd post it. If I was an ass I would've done it at my local last night instead of getting bodied
Alright then post it when you get home.
I'll hold it if it's an unlisted string.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Does anyone how the hell NRS inputs frame data? Cause I've seen in game frame data before and it can actually work out of the box. Even better than just listing you the moves properties (which MKx doesn't even do properly), but can tell you varying frame data based on other factors like height, and which active frame hit. This shit is honestly mind boggling. Like they had some interns manually input frame data for weeks straight.
Said it already many times, they just don't care. They just go ham. And then after quite some time they try to fix it....
Why does NRS do this?
And I definitely think something should be done about this and there should be talk to TOs to get an official response. Maybe let it rock so there can be some urgency on it.

StealthyMuffin

Earth's Mightiest Knucklehead
the problem is b212+4 blade drop being +4 when it should be +2.

if they want to keep takeda exactly as he is right now that is all they have to change and he'll be fine
The 2 frame blockstun buff for f12+4 is what's causing this, right? Wouldn't removing that buff also bring back the kunai gap?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
I need a Salt Report from EGL till now. This shit is just to good.

Also, please verify this for me, can Kotal Khan ExParry between the gaps on reaction and get that of so nasty 46%+? If so....

#Boom