What's new

Name 3 TYM members who you'd want to main the same character as you, and 1 that you wouldn't.

Just providing the real truth. Only one winner Pig...only one.

You guys talk too much about top 8s but can't brag about winning something. KDZ can out talk most of the top 8 placers with his wins. You guys love drama, well im bringing it.

KILLUMINATI!!!
The part about kdz is true. He won evo and other majors and is still placing. Imo his resume is easily top 8 in injustice

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Just providing the real truth. Only one winner Pig...only one.

You guys talk too much about top 8s but can't brag about winning something. KDZ can out talk most of the top 8 placers with his wins. You guys love drama, well im bringing it.

KILLUMINATI!!!
Real truth ?

You've accomplished nothing but being a coach warrior and KOH king

May god help u if u fail again

coolwhip

Noob
Don't take my quote out of context. Yes EVO is a big deal, especially two EVOs in a row. I'm saying despite that accolade people doubted his skill.

So when people claimed "Evo is just another major in vegas" and PL getting blown up for missing top 8 at Dallas and Columbus didn't count as people doubting him?

In no way shape or form am I suggesting that I personally think PL was inconsistent or a non-top player.

Yeah, can't disagree there.
People stopped doubting him after the second EVO win. Like yeah, he got blown up whenever he lost because he talks a big game and plays the victim card for some reason, and at times can be unbearable, but as a player, who really didn't think PL was at least the second best MK9 player in the world after the second EVO?

This is a question for everyone:
Would yoi rather get top 8 at all events in the yr including evo or get top 32-16 throughout the year and win evo?
Consistency or That one big win?
I would take consistency. To be honest I sometimes think we give a little too much weight to evo. It is something special and *should count for something extra as the biggest tournament in the world...but is it really more than that? IE, if everyone from evo and more went to KIT....why wouldnt KIT be considered a bigger win?
Then again you could also argue that the popular perception and legacy of evo, manufactured or not, makes winning that much harder due to the mental strain...so I don't know...but that would be my choice.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I would take consistency. To be honest I sometimes think we give a little too much weight to evo. It is something special and *should count for something extra as the biggest tournament in the world...but is it really more than that? IE, if everyone from evo and more went to KIT....why wouldnt KIT be considered a bigger win?
Then again you could also argue that the popular perception and legacy of evo, manufactured or not, makes winning that much harder due to the mental strain...so I don't know...but that would be my choice.
I'm taking evo. At the end of the day when the dust settles I'd want to be remembered as the world champion

SZSR

Noob
People stopped doubting him after the second EVO win. Like yeah, he got blown up whenever he lost because he talks a big game and plays the victim card for some reason, and at times can be unbearable, but as a player, who really didn't think PL was at least the second best MK9 player in the world after the second EVO?
Right after the second EVO? None at all. He proved when push comes to shove, he can start tournament winning. But in the waning years of MK, he didn't produce the same results.
Maybe he is playing the victim card in saying, "In Mortal Kombat, people do nothing but downplay my accomplishments."

I don't believe that quote came out of nowhere, being a tournament winner he's bound to have critics. What you're looking for from me is specific posts and critics, concrete evidence in people saying that PL was not a top MK player, I can't provide that. And if that's what the discussion boils down to, then i'll bow out and i'm done here.

My original point was that despite having two EVO wins, he had critics in abundance when he couldn't produce results later. But consistent top 8 players who, despite not winning EVO, continued earning accolades. And I personally believe that in that vein, consistency should be more sought after.

Tournament resume wise yes he is definitely up there. I just think ppl have different guidelines for ranking ppl on their "skills". Like if I had to make a list of toughest opponents during mk9 for me I would have names like pig, dizzy, and etc. up there but not him specifically.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My original point was that despite having two EVO wins, he had critics in abundance when he couldn't produce results later. But consistent top 8 players who, despite not winning EVO, continued earning accolades. And I personally believe that in that vein, consistency should be more sought after.
This is true though. Kinda what made me feel "meh" about te FGC for awhile. Despite winning EVO back to back, PL never really got the credit winning EVO back to back demands. He was doubted, even by myself, after the 1st EVO because he took that long break then got bodied by CDjr at MLG. But he was doubted because of his attitude and his lack of appearance after his 1st EVO win. Just like KDZ was doubted because of his attitude.

Real truth ?

You've accomplished nothing but being a coach warrior and KOH king

May god help u if u fail again
I know what I need to do...but you better know what you haven't done. Top 8 is like the playoffs but in the end, you have to have it to have it.

If I ever make a top 8, it won't be good enough for me. I want to win. STOP SETTLING FOR PETTY JEWELRY!!!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I know what I need to do...but you better know what you haven't done. Top 8 is like the playoffs but end the end, you have to have it to have it.

If I ever make a top 8, it won't be good enough for me. I want to win. STOP SETTLING FOR PETTY JEWELRY!!!
I think we should make a community effort to all read Murk's posts as if the Ultimate Warrior were saying them

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
@xSMoKEx
@R.E.O.
@SonicFox5000

I feel like they are arguably 3 of the best people in the community at completely fleshing out characters.. They make the most useless looking things that people would normally ignore have some sort of beneficial tech or strategic usefulness.

Also they all have very wide range in their gameplay / For the most part keep it real (except with dota 2 > bounty hunter @R.E.O. ) lul

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I will be watching in the hidding like a brotherhood of Shadows. Soon
#ThreadGotReal
That guy looking like one of the animatronics from Five nights of Freddy's and that chick with the glasses looks like one of the girls from How High, lol
Thnx to @GGA Max for the thread, its entertaining as fuck.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@xSMoKEx
@R.E.O.
@SonicFox5000

I feel like they are arguably 3 of the best people in the community at completely fleshing out characters.. They make the most useless looking things that people would normally ignore have some sort of beneficial tech or strategic usefulness.

Also they all have very wide range in their gameplay / For the most part keep it real (except with dota 2 > bounty hunter @R.E.O. ) lul
Yes. They can all block smokes b2 on reaction. All hail reflex kings

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I know what I need to do...but you better know what you haven't done. Top 8 is like the playoffs but in the end, you have to have it to have it.

Who said I've settled?

I'll take being my accomplishments any day over 95% of people's' and especially your handful of nothing

RM AtK!

aka - RM_AtK !
Consistency is extremely important. But think about it this way. 10 years from now, would you rather have won EVO in MKX or got top 8 at all tournaments you went to? In the games prime, consistency is key. But I bet REO would trade in all his top 8's in MK9 for a 1st place EVO medal.
why would he trade all that for 1 1st place at evo in mk9...
i'm sure reo is more proud of 1st 2nd and 3rds at every event he attended but 2 (9th mlg / 17th evo if i'm not mistaken, could be wrong) as well as MLG wins and other majors with the same exact competition (give or take a few here and there).

1 win even if it is (EVO master nrs tourney cuz diago, infiltration, sako, etc fly out for it) doesn't outweigh his overall total dominance and consistency in the community as far as mk9 goes. just my opinion though

@R.E.O.

What were the scores of our last few sets?
Don't let me get on you either.

Coming from someone who wanted to change their pool because he didn't wanna play pig.....

If u had nothing to do with that thn you are just as weak as the players who were for it.

Illuminati my ass.

Scary ass raven player who feared his first match. Cupcakes are for eating only. MAN UP!!

KILLUMINATI!!!

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
No it isnt. If you're not first then you're last.
The illuminati are cupcake players who don't wanna push themselves to WIN but rather settle for top 8. That mind state is a weak excuse of a player. Its only one winner.
Didn't I beat you in that online tournament and win it.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ExoticAbuse

★Two Hands★
All 3 players use/used my current characters (Jade and Deathstroke)

@TakeAChance : A fellow Jade main and I learned so much from his YouTube videos. I went from an average player to an above average player in a day. He is the best Jade out there, hands down. He does amazing things with her that most people didn't even know that she can do.

@TONY-T : He takes combos to the MAX, I have learned so much Deathstroke combos from his videos and they helped me with the Doomsday match up. He helped me improve my game and already has did done amazing things with my IGAU main Deathstroke.

@RunwayMafia RunwayMafia's videos has improved my Jade game so fucking much with his Jade guides. The Jade Exposed Shadow Glow and Retaliation Punish video helped me build my Jade skills from what I learned from TakeAChance and myself. The details he put into it is crazy.

From what I learned from TakeAChance and RunwayMafia made me the MK9 Jade player I am now with a twist of myself. I combined what I learned from those two to become a monster with Jade and I am still improving. I have been using Jade since 2004 (Deception) and used her in every game she's since and before.