What's new

Name 3 TYM members who you'd want to main the same character as you, and 1 that you wouldn't.

Killusion

Stream addict
I would want to main the same character as

Lab monster: Someone who will finds all that good tech and does helpful videos.
Tournament placer: Someone whose gameplay I can study and root for on streams.
Realistic matchup cop: Someone who understands our characters tools, keeps his up playing/downplaying minimal and doesn't cry about nerfs too much.

I wouldn't want to main the same character as

Complainer: Someone who complains about how bad the character is on forums, twitter, podcasts and streams every chance he gets.
Counterpicker: Someone who "mains" the character, but only uses him in "certain" matchups. In reality, only against shitters and in advantageous matchups.
Quitter: Someone who hates the game and retires from it time to time, and still enters every other tournament. Uses the classic "I don't even play this shitty game" option select after every match.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Foxy, Slips and Blind Ducky. Pretty much anyone that can get an understanding of the games mechanics early on and actually knows what they're talking about.

Killer Frost top 10, 7-3 Sinestro and Doomsday, 6-4 Aquaman and people agreed; some of you can never be taken seriously ever again

Wetdoba

All too easy...
@Doombawkz I'll be spending sooooo much time in the lab with this game I want to stick with the master. Also pug stuff

@Pig Of The Hut putting aside all this stupid ass tym drama I really like how pig can adapt the way he plays his character to each match up and will be interesting to see how this plays in with variations. If kenshis not in maybe a little noob?

@gross this guy makes GL look like an interesting character, very creative

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
Because I share a character with him now, and he's helped me a lot, for no reason - @GGA 16 Bit

Because I want to learn to play more defensive, and his zoning and use of game mechanics is very impressive - @EMPEROR_THEO

Watching the Terry brothers play is always a learning experience. Again great defense, knowing how to be lame in an effective way, and some of the best footsies out there - @MITDJT

Who I don't want.

Well the easy answer is Ra Helios. For plenty of reasons.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
Don't let me get on you either.

Coming from someone who wanted to change their pool because he didn't wanna play pig.....

If u had nothing to do with that thn you are just as weak as the players who were for it.

Illuminati my ass.

Scary ass raven player who feared his first match. Cupcakes are for eating only. MAN UP!!

KILLUMINATI!!!
Ugh no actually I wanted pig in my pool lol. Regardless you're going to get free'd up this weekend so prepare to get on your knees and apologize individually to each and every illuminati member.

Last edited:

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
Do want:

@SonicFox5000
He can save me the trouble of going into practice mode and will find all the broken stuff for my character for me. If we play a character that has a slide, we can put our minds together and break the record of 6 slides in a combo, and win the Nobel Prize.
I mean look at him:

Who wouldn't want him on their team?

@cR WoundCowboy
It's hard to not want to take notes from a character played with his play style and at his level. Having that be the same character you play can allow you to truly grow as a player simply by emulating and taking from his contributions. I shed tears when I heard he played Frost here and there. I shed even more tears when I saw how the Cowboys were doing this season. Incredibly well compared to usual, sure, but I was crying because of Cowboy's disappointment when Dallas eventually gets bodied by the Patriots.

@GGA 16 Bit
It's no coincidence that no matter the game that comes out, the character I use or end up maining tends to fall in line with what Bit himself uses. Kitana, Frost etc. Having him play the same character you do is an honor, and therefore allows him to be forgiven for his sins when he jumped ship from Frost to Catwoman.

Do not want:
Myleswright. While his contributions towards the attention and noteriety given to the Frost community is acknowledged and appreciated, I am curious to see how humorous it would be from the other side of the coin.

Do Want honorable mention:
@GGA Saucy Jack
As I will most likely be mainig D'Vorah, he and I can put our heads together to formulate a multitude of Judai-concurrent puns to instill resentment and vitriol in the bosom of our opponents:
"Get bodied. Is your salt kosher bruh?"
"<Upon winning> Shalom, motherfucker"
"You repulse us Hassidious one"
"Eat that D'Vortex bitch"
Etc.

@GGA Jeremiah
Sheeva mainers need to stick together.

Do Not Want honorable mention:
@Eldriken
From MK9 (My Mileena to his Kitana) to Injustice (My Frost to his Doomsday) our matches are most exciting when we rival each other. Having him play the same character as I would mean our matches would be mirrors. I feel that would detract from the same competitiveness and intensity that has been present in our matches for the past few years.

@FOREVER KING
Forever King can lie and deny this all he wants, but I know FOR A FACT from my sources that when he plays his Brother Forever King Jr., if Forever King Jr manages to take a game off him, King will put his controller down and beat him in real life. Older brothers have been scumbags for centuries, and as a fellow younger brother I will have to stand up for Forever King Jr. and other younger brothers around the world and protest by actively using a different character. Siblings tend to use opposites or sidekicks when it comes to games (Most older brothers use Mario, younger ones use Luigi, Forever King uses Batman, his brother uses Bane, Brother A picks Charmander, Brother B picks Squirtle etc) and so I cannot play the same character as him.

@Blind_Ducky
I stopped using Raven when he got Patience and Time from the Nightfall simply by dying and unlocking trophies on his Vita while myself and Ribbz struggled and overcame heart attacks trying to defeat the Nexus. Only to be rewarded by Ducky cackling and laughing hysterically at the reward the game decided to give him of all people instead of us. I will continue to show my resentment by not playing the same character as he come MKX.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Mk mlg was your only accomplishment...nothing else.
There you go with the petty shit again.
Pig...WIN!!!
I think it's safe to say more than 95% would kill to have my resume

No one would want yours and most done know who you are other than a guy who talks a big game and pulls the greatest no shows of all time and when he does show gets plummeted