What's new

My last attempt at an accurate community tier list.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I read between the lines. The manner at which you posted suggested that you thought only "american majors" show a true measure of skill. I didnt take it out of context or warp your words, i just saw the meaning behind them.
Let me fully explain myself this time since you have trouble "reading between the lines" as you say. I was obviously only referring to the american scene because that's the only one I follow. I'm sorry if I offended you by suggesting that american players are superior to the rest of the world. I'm sure ETC Mcfly is great. I hope you understand now.

Gundown

Noob
I agree with zoid on baraka moving up equal to noob and Stryker. He's definitely not bottom 5 especially after his spin and armor updates along with his meter building capabilities.

RTM2004

Revenant Jade
Rain should be in the A tier. The character is ridiculously loaded with armor. Irritating playing footsies with up close with his B1, 1+2 thing and standing 4. Armored combo launcher which grants him like 40% damage, draining meter with Ex Bubble capability, most of his wake ups seem safe on block except his Lightning and Bubble... RH cancel pressure. People are sleeping on this character, he basically loses to Kabal, Kitana and Kenshi obviously and goes even with most.

Glad to see Sheeva is not the very bottom, she's better than Kano. If Quan Chi didn't have that dirty Rune Trap and his fast Uppercut, he would be bottom tier easily, glad he has his own special tier made for him.

Baraka>Stryker>Jade/Sheeva>Kano

This is why I dnt mess with tier list, they are just an opinion war that has raged in this community for over a year. Also I will say this again, when someone does good with a character in a tournament, ppl jump on that bandwagon and usually they go up the tier list. For example, sektor, jax, smoke, Kenshi, cage, etc. I think everyone can agree with the whole " bandwagon thing that happens after majors" and I guarantee it will happen after MLG Anaheim.

Like I said I think these characters are very very close to each other. I think the reset sets Baraka one tiny little step above Nightwolf, but that is me personally and I am sure there are things that could put Nightwolf slighty above Baraka. The point I was trying to make in that post is it is dumb to have him with Kano and Jade. I have Kano as a secondary and while he is more viable then many claim he is also the second worst in the game, IMO. Sheeva is the worst, seriously no one has done what GGA Jeremiah has done with that character. Look at his matchup chart and tell me she deserves to not be in the lowest tier. I already explained the Jade one. I believe He should at the very least be up with Stryker and Noob, I would be fine as long as he is not in the bottom tier(Because I know he is not bottom five).
Isn't Nightwolfs ex-Lightning to full combo on a knock down basically considered a reset. I still think they're equal characters though

Espio

Kokomo
I was unaware of the reset. You may be right in that he has a slight edge, but I believe they still are close to even. We will have to wait on that frame data to compare the characters better. The only characters I think Baraka 100% beats are Sheeva, Jade, Kano, and Scorpion. The other three are kind of debatable. I dont think anyone in this game is unviable no matter what top players say. If GGA Jeremiah can get top 25 at MLG with the worst character in the game, who can honestly say it is impossible to win with these chars?
Yes, it's quite a lovely reset, Stryker gets 30% + on some of his reset combos which is awesome.

The waters are a bit muddy, I mean I'm sure people will make the argument for each characters being better than the other at some point. Arguments can be made for Jade, Sheeva, etc. depending on who you ask.

I gave up on caring about specific tier position a while ago, I picked up some characters specifically because people said they were bottom 5 and haven't looked back since.

I'm still keen on discussing the characters though:).

Jerimiah is so legit, mad respect for his Sheeva, always makes me super hype.

People need to start believing in their mains again, I see some fire in people about their characters, makes me happy to see that pretty much nobody thinks their character is the worst.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
i hope there are no more changes. mileena has dropped far enough as it is. kung lao is not a top 5 character LOL this is may 2012 not july 2011.

Kayamek

On a break
Tom Brady and Reo are tight now on twitch channel DownFourCast making a new list but the requirement is how many match ups is lost

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Espio872 Yeah right now my main is Raka and my secondary is Kano. I will tell you Kano is very overrated and usually not played to his fullest potential( BEENEEWEENEES is what people should play like, imo). However he is bad, and I know he is bad. Bad in this game does not equal a loss, otherwise GGA Jeremiah would not have been as succesful as he was. But honestly unless you are facing a Kenshi or Kabal Baraka is really not that bad. Sure you have to outplay the opponent and you cannot make quite as many mistakes, but you still have a decent chance.

peachyO

Noob
S+:
Kabal

S:
Kenshi, Sonya, Smoke, Freddy, JAX

A+:
Kitana, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sektor, Reptile, Cyrax, Raiden

A:
Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Skarlet, Ermac, Mileena

A-:
Rain, Liu Kang, Nightwolf, Sub-Zero

B:
CSZ, Sindel, Stryker

B-:
Noob Saibot, Scorpion, Sheeva

C:
Baraka, Jade, Kano

updated...
An interesting, nicely thought out list...I am glad to see Quan Chi ranked as high as you placed him. I do feel you should consider placing Sindel a tier higher...IMO she really is better than CSZ or Stryker. I would even dare to suggest considering giving Sindel's B spot to Sheeva; all that armor, that heavy, quick damage, and those unblockables can be very daunting...Nonetheless, I am happy you didn't stick her in the bottom. :D I also feel Stryker should be in the very bottom; I see Baraka, Kano, and Jade as all more capable characters with better tools.
There is one sentiment I saw expressed earlier in this thread that I really agreed with: it shouldn't matter where your main(s) is/are placed; just be loyal, excited, and hyped up over them and take them as far as you can...it only takes 1 great victory, or 1 great showing, to make people reexamine a character. Other than Quan and Shang, EVERY one of my faves are considered low-tier (Sheeva, Jade, Baraka, Kano, Sindel) but that won't stop me from enjoying the hell out of them and winning as much as humanly possible with them.

Death

Noob
i hope there are no more changes. mileena has dropped far enough as it is. kung lao is not a top 5 character LOL this is may 2012 not july 2011.
May 2012 and he is still top 5. He has every tool in the game succeed. Hes better since the patch with his safe overheads. He now has a complete footsie game. Low hat being nerfed means nothing. On block it was still disadvantage. KL players who complain about him are the ones who still try and use low hat and teleport cuz players now are punishing the teleport. He is sick. Barely has any bad MUs as well.

Enenra

Go to hell.
I like the list. SZ is in the A tier range, which makes me happy, and Noob isn't lagging far behind the A tiers. I think Smoke has the tools to be an S tier character, I agree with that. Reptile and Ermac are in sensical places as well. I'm surprised Rain isn't higher, but again, I can see why.

I wish Noob was higher, but I concede he is probably as high up as he will ever get. B+ Is a solid grade in this game.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
True. But SZ does not have the tools KL has and especially in the US we have yet to see a good KL, except probably Forever King. I m not even counting PL's KL cause thats prehistoric news.
in the dawn of time,existed the might dinosaurs,and a wild PL,the wild PL fought savagely versus the almighty dinosaurs,24 low hatting everywhere.

soon the dinosaurs were no more,a certain dinosaur once said "ill see you next millenia bitch,we'll see who's the best dinosaur den,i gone take yo' belt."

so the might PL conquered a 7-3 matchup.

seriously though,i don't get why certain characters are said to be top tier when only one (ONE!) player is well known to be kicking asses and taking names.

no offense to other tournament subby players,i say known because he's TB,just to add to my point.

quandaghost

kung lao swag walker
Now that we know that kabal is s+ tier for the 100th time reo can feel like a manly man lol. I agree on this and like how it works

are you really complaining about what fucking letter grades hes giving them? youve got to be kidding me. he couldve used different pictures of small fuzzy animals to differentiate each tier and it woulda been fine. quit being a stickler. the over all idea gets across, despite your obnoxious and unnecessary rant about how S+ MEANS BANNED ONLY. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You need to drop the shitty attitude and stop projecting your obnoxious personality onto other people. There was nothing the slightest bit out of order with my post and there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out that SS tier is for characters banned at tournaments. He could have used random things to denote the tiers and that would have been fine. He didn't. He used S and SS which have specific meanings in the FGC. Anyone from another FGC seeing this thread would see Kabal being called a SS character and assume he's so broken he's banned, which just isn't the case. Don't hide behind your ignorance to make stupid comments at people and ruin the thread.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
You need to drop the shitty attitude and stop projecting your obnoxious personality onto other people. There was nothing the slightest bit out of order with my post and there's certainly nothing wrong with pointing out that SS tier is for characters banned at tournaments. He could have used random things to denote the tiers and that would have been fine. He didn't. He used S and SS which have specific meanings in the FGC. Anyone from another FGC seeing this thread would see Kabal being called a SS character and assume he's so broken he's banned, which just isn't the case. Don't hide behind your ignorance to make stupid comments at people and ruin the thread.

Anyone caring enough about these games to check these forums will know before they even come here that kabal is not banned. Your post was unnecessary and distracted from the main idea. This is a tier list discussion, not a tier list notation discussion. What you brought up was a needless criticism that has no relation to he topic at hand. No one cares.