What's new

My Custom MK Stick

axeman87

Noob
Here are some pics from my first custom made fight stick. I've only modded pre-made sticks until now, so its been quite a learning process. Definitely learned some things I would do differently.

Stay tuned for the final product which will be as soon as my new buttons arrive in the post. At the moment I've just put some old stock buttons from an old mod to give everyone an idea of how its looking. Enjoy.

axeman87

Noob
Isn't it, well... TOO HIGH? Mine is like 5 or 7 cm tall and it's gotta get shorter imo.
Yeh. Originally the top plate was going to flip up so I could put the cable inside, hence the height for storage options. I also wanted the select buttons on the side as well though, and the 2 options aren't really compatible. I thought about leaving enough cable for the 4x select buttons to work with the lid up or down but I was worried about it catching on other things and left it out.

By that stage I was already up to painting so I just ran with it. I'm not fussed though. I wanted it to look and feel like a mini arcade cabinet and the size does that IMO. Feels great having the hands rest on the top plate. Plenty of room.

axeman87

Noob
Nicely done, can't wait to see the final product!
Yeh mate, me to!

Since Australia sometimes feels like a ****** 3rd world country I have to order almost everything (even the bloody T-Molding) from overseas. I got 3 parcels that I'm waiting to hit my desk for all the parts so I can finish up. Overall this project will take me at least a month to complete once the parts arrive. Real keen to get it done.

Thanks for feedback guys.

axeman87

Noob
Buttons and top arrived! Yay. New T-Molding as well.

Here's some new pics. Undecided on whether or not to put the art work under the buttons. Still waiting on the PCB mounts as well so its not working at this stage but getting very close. So far it feels awesome and having the JLF top mounted feels sooooo much better than bottom mounting that I've been playing with thus far. The bottom plate and feet are not on yet either.

Final pics should be up soon. Hopefully.

axeman87

Noob
Well... its finished. Doesnt really look any different to previous pics so I just posted some thumbnails of the inside & final, final pics. Also a sneek peek of my next project (which will be a Yellow/Black box with yellow buttons and Scorpion art work for my brother in law who mains him)

As for this stick, the wiring turned out pretty horrible as I was anxious to get it finished. There's no transparent bottom on this one though, so its not on display or anything. Regardless it works like a treat. Just getting used to the extra stick length as I'm falling short ATM. Amazing the difference 10mm can make.

axeman87

Noob
That is awesome man you should crank up a business because I want one :p
Yeh mate, I totally would if there was a market for it. Over here in Australia though, the fighting scene is mostly non existent.

The MK scene in particular.... well... there isn't one at all since the ****** Feds banned the game here. With that said shipping OS would kill the price. Probably blow out to $300 US.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Yeh mate, I totally would if there was a market for it. Over here in Australia though, the fighting scene is mostly non existent.

The MK scene in particular.... well... there isn't one at all since the ****** Feds banned the game here. With that said shipping OS would kill the price. Probably blow out to $300 US.
ya what a shame about the Aussie rating system :/