What's new

Most of the in-game frame data is wrong

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Their frame data might not be calculated by referencing animation data/blockstun values. It could be put in by hand.
First, why the hell would anybody do that? And 2nd, was this guy putting them in by hand hammer fisting his key pad? I could understand a typo here and there but if someone seriously typed these in... they need to re-learn their home keys. Or maybe they forgot to turn numlock on? Nobody knows.

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
How can you possibly tell the difference between 4/60th's of a second?
Because I have been punished after a blocked bo swat by different characters using 11 or other fast strings, and they should not be able to do that if bo swat was -6.

According to what @Tom Brady wrote, to punish a -6 special my opponent should use a 4 frame normal...and no character has that

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Because I have been punished after a blocked bo swat by different characters using 11 or other fast strings, and they should not be able to do that if bo swat was -6.

According to what @Tom Brady wrote, to punish a -6 special my opponent should use a 4 frame normal...and no character has that
Brady was wrong about how punishes work. Read the rest of the thread. Dizzy broke it down. The problem is that none of the frame data is correct so we're all literally just guessing.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Brady was wrong about how punishes work. Read the rest of the thread. Dizzy broke it down. The problem is that none of the frame data is correct so we're all literally just guessing.
Literally the only thing you can trust at this point is testing stuff on block in training mode with the jump test to see how positive or negative something is.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Literally the only thing you can trust at this point is testing stuff on block in training mode with the jump test to see how positive or negative something is.
Ugh. Just eyeballing stuff isn't how I operate lol. I'm an engineer. Give me numbers rite nao.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
one of venemous dvorahs moves i think bug blast says 100% damage and block damage on ps4 at least

Borss39

Noob
put someone on reversal and test only going up by a frame or 2 per move.

ie: ex lao spin is 4frames, got hit by that
but reptile dash is 7 frames? i think didnt get punished by that.

or an easier way to explain:

wtf thats suppose to be safe why did i get punished.

is always an easy way to tell
So basically you can tell because it's getting beat by a move that's less frames than 6.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ugh. Just eyeballing stuff isn't how I operate lol. I'm an engineer. Give me numbers rite nao.
I am an engineer too and eyeballing stuff is how you operate because when crap goes wrong you still have to find a way to get it done because no one else in your company will...

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Paulo made a post to say that they're working on it and Derek is handling this -- so I think that's the best everyone will get for now. I'm sure there are probably 100 high-priority issues to address now, with crashes, bugs, and finishing/testing DLC; so if it's not fixed within a couple months, that might be a good time to gently bring it up again.
I don't see any reason to be super gentle about it. Right now is when it's most important. Everyone is trying to learn the game. And I really really really hope a simple patch fixes all of it. It's just that the last game ended up still being messed up in the end, although better than what it was, and I guess my zeal for the game is coming out as frustration. Really I feel like a tiny kid at Christmas again. I feel like nintendo 64 kid with mk instead of n64. But I'm trying to go super hard and the best way I learn is looking at frame data. I guess those frame gap charts I made in mk9 kind of made it easy for me to translate frame data into matchup knowledge. And I work 40 a week and would like to be productive when I can't play. I guess that's my problem but it's going to be hard to keep up with some of these guys who get to train all day every day. But here's to hoping they fix it. They've gotten literally everything else right so far, in my opinion.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I don't see any reason to be super gentle about it. Right now is when it's most important. Everyone is trying to learn the game. And I really really really hope a simple patch fixes all of it. It's just that the last game ended up still being messed up in the end, although better than what it was, and I guess my zeal for the game is coming out as frustration. Really I feel like a tiny kid at Christmas again. I feel like nintendo 64 kid with mk instead of n64. But I'm trying to go super hard and the best way I learn is looking at frame data. I guess those frame gap charts I made in mk9 kind of made it easy for me to translate frame data into matchup knowledge. And I work 40 a week and would like to be productive when I can't play. I guess that's my problem but it's going to be hard to keep up with some of these guys who get to train all day every day. But here's to hoping they fix it. They've gotten literally everything else right so far, in my opinion.
I understand completely -- but when there are game-breaking issues, and problems where people can't connect, can't get online, infinites etc., they have to prioritize. That's the only reason I recommended not going ham about it for a bit, since they're likely pulling overtime trying to get the game running in top shape.

I have a feeling it's one of those things where at some point during development the numbers were correct, then as things were tweaked here and changed a little bit there but the numbers weren't updated, here's what you have.

Anyway, sounds like it will be addressed and hopefully as soon as possible. I have important gaming to attend to!

Vilén

too smart to play MKX
Uh no bros what probably happened was that those frames were right on the money exactly one second before you downloaded that launch patch which didn't have the information to update the in-game data list because 1) they likely had some handle on the amount of bugs, glitches, lame netcode and full on crashes they'd have to fix since the industry doesn't allow games to have decent development cycles for some reason and 2) it's not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. If you think NRS sucks at this we could always go back to the ways of a select few in the player base figuring the shit out like six months after release.

Also remember that they probably don't want to bother with it too much now because next month they'd have to do it all over again when they drop the patch for the twitter complainers who are only waiting to play Predator for two weeks.