What's new

Mortal KOMBAT at EVO details, payout, and entrant list

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
63 entrants and a $2.6k pot in a KOMMUNITY-RAN SIDE TOURNAMENT. This kommunity has officially fulfilled its potential. I am extremely proud of you, guys.
Whats impressive is the little amount of time in which that was achieved. Imagine a full month to prepare or more. It totally blows my hair back.

Sami

Noob
Because :timezones:, by PST do you actually mean PST or PDT? I'll probably be waking up in the middle of the night to watch this so I need to know :)

edit: Summoning @G4S Claude VonStroke

Last edited:

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Can't wait for this! I canceled stuff I had going on later today to tune in. It's going to be sick! Still wishing I was there though. Damn...

Flagg

Noob
Whats impressive is the little amount of time in which that was achieved. Imagine a full month to prepare or more. It totally blows my hair back.
I dunno, I think it's worked better this way at short notice. When you put time frames of months , people apply, then look for excuses later to not go or plain procrastinate. Last minute tournie has forced people to commit there and then.

Love it!

EndofGameBoss

That's about right.
I dunno, I think it's worked better this way at short notice. When you put time frames of months , people apply, then look for excuses later to not go or plain procrastinate. Last minute tournie has forced people to commit there and then.

Love it!
I would tend to agree, but a lot of our players only play one game and spend a lot of money to travel to play IGAU. Adding MK gives those guys something else to play while they are there. Vegas isn't cheap.

EDIT; lets say, this was organized at one of the many north east tournaments...I don't think it would have done this well.