What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Ranting Thread

DCT

Noob
No one gave this guy the memo.... god damit I thought that after the hotfix we wouldn't of to deal with whining people who think Kano is op and then come complain about it HEY SINSTER his upball AND his knifes got nerfed so why don't u take ur whiner bandwagon somewhere else
What you seriously thought that people were actually going to stop complaining about Kano even after his nerfs? You got to understand that people are going to complain about him and any other character that is above bottom feeder status unless all the characters are nerfed to bottom feeder status and even then there still going to be complaints I once saw a legit(Legit as in it being a serious and real complaint not legit as in he had a actual real/valid argument) complaints on the official MK forums about pre buffed Baraka being too good/cheap, seriously pre buff Baraka was too good/cheap according to that person.

This happens because people like to this that it's never their fault for not trying to learn how to get passed it, it's always the character or the games fault just have to get use to it and learn to shut it out and ignore it.

@Sinster

As for NRS giving charecter's useless moves it's just that something sounds good on paper but it ends up being crap when it's in the actual game it happens.

- Every time Skarlet says something or screams, I want to punch my TV across the room.

- Why have all the freakish bizarre women rubbing themselves down? I pray for a winning Sheeva to do a fatality just to not see it.

- I usually play nothing but Kung Laos, Noobs, and Scorpions online now. Good use of a diverse cast.

- Endurance matches are in the story, why not the ladder?

JennyCage

t('.'t)
Yo, check this out. The PS3 version launched with 28 characters, and the retail price of the game when it was released was about $50. If you base the cost of the game on the amount of characters, each character costs about $1.80 and comes with AT LEAST 2 skins. Skarlet on the otherhand costs $5, has no alternate skin, and the compatibility pack to play her online isn't a forced download, meaning the vast majority of derp-tier players won't have her and all it takes is 1 person out of 8 in a KOTH to cause nobody to be able to play her.

NRS, if you're going to charge more than double what other characters were deemed worth when you retailed the game, maybe you could have the foresight and the courtesy to make the compatibility pack a REQUIRED, MANDATORY download for online play so people could actually play what they paid for.

Just a thought.

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
What you seriously thought that people were actually going to stop complaining about Kano even after his nerfs? You got to understand that people are going to complain about him and any other character that is above bottom feeder status unless all the characters are nerfed to bottom feeder status and even then there still going to be complaints I once saw a legit(Legit as in it being a serious and real complaint not legit as in he had a actual real/valid argument) complaints on the official MK forums about pre buffed Baraka being too good/cheap, seriously pre buff Baraka was too good/cheap according to that person.

This happens because people like to this that it's never their fault for not trying to learn how to get passed it, it's always the character or the games fault just have to get use to it and learn to shut it out and ignore it.

@Sinster

As for NRS giving charecter's useless moves it's just that something sounds good on paper but it ends up being crap when it's in the actual game it happens.
I would love to see that guy who would lose to Baraka pre-patch LOL. Oh and Sinister his upball and knife have been nerfed like GThunda said. So I suggest you read the thread that was created for his nerfs after the hotfix and get better instead of clearly trolling Kano when there is a ranting thread that you could rant on.

this what i have been saying since the game came out. true words.

DCT

Noob
- I know it was brought up but seriously what was with the 10 round only arcade ladder,why didn't they go with the choose you destiny ones like MK3-MK4 ones had where it was from short(easy) to long(expert)

- What was that tutorial mode, it felt like itwas slapped together last minute, next time how about a more in depth one that actually teaches things outside of basics that you can learn from your first match, that way we may have less whiney casual players.

- I want to know who's idea it was to have tournament mode as a code and not a option,seriously did you honestly think that people were going to put in 111-111 every fucking match. Also while I am here next time your going to go with the cheap 3d depth tricks in your games i.e. the foreground objects just have them appear when 3d mode is one and not by default not I know you could of done it since tournament code turns them off, no excuse why this couldn't have been do via a turn 3d effects on/off option.

- Were not 12 anymore nor do alot of us like to get off to a bunch of pixels there NRS no need to have your female cast look like there moonlighting as Hookers, I can give a slight pass on the edinian ones but Sonya, seriously how many Special force ops wear a half open bullet proof jacket and nothing else.

- Also if it comes down to having extra crap like the Krypt, challenge tower, ect. and having the game reasonably bug free, balanced and with decent netcode out the gate fuck the extras, the casuals will bitch yes but they will still buy the game and play it anyway.

- Don't do your own netcode, use GGPO and for the love of god don't use Gamespy for match making and servers gamespy hasn't been good in years.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Don't do your own netcode, use GGPO
Hahaha, not in a million years would they use GGPO.

A lot of things hava already been said, my biggest complaint is these kombat code things, there stupid, should just have all the things in the options menu as a toggle so I could turn on what I like.
Also I want an option to turn off the god damn battle damage, I don't like seeing the female characters all ripped up and bloody, its kinda weird.

Yo, check this out. The PS3 version launched with 28 characters, and the retail price of the game when it was released was about $50. If you base the cost of the game on the amount of characters, each character costs about $1.80 and comes with AT LEAST 2 skins. Skarlet on the otherhand costs $5, has no alternate skin, and the compatibility pack to play her online isn't a forced download, meaning the vast majority of derp-tier players won't have her and all it takes is 1 person out of 8 in a KOTH to cause nobody to be able to play her.

NRS, if you're going to charge more than double what other characters were deemed worth when you retailed the game, maybe you could have the foresight and the courtesy to make the compatibility pack a REQUIRED, MANDATORY download for online play so people could actually play what they paid for.
DLC characters have to be more expensive then the perceived value of the retail characters, its a vastly different business model, I don't feel like going into how video games are budgeted, i'll just say that NRS has to prove that DLC characters are worth the effort. There are a lot of different factors going in to it, but mainly there is a very small pool of people who will buy the DLC, only like 1/6 of the people who have the game will buy the DLC, then the fact that DLC royalties are very high, MS and sony take a cut for every sale, selling a character for 2$ would simply not be worth the effort, and WB would just rather them start working on there next project. Its actually probably worse for fighting games because of how niche characters can be, and not everyone is going to want to play as scarlet.

As for why there not making it mandatory, since they want to release a character every two weeks, they can't include them in a title update, they have already used one free update, they only have one more, after that, they have to pay MS to update there game, and that would go into sales of the DLC.
I would expect after all 4 characters are out, there will be a title update with all the date for them so you won't need the compatibility pack anymore.

It just sucks all around, but that's how it has to be because consoles fucking suck.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

Just a thought.
This.

I wanted my Skarlet fix last night. Someone didn't have the compatibility pack. I was soooooooooooo upset. T_T

DOWNLOADED

The Cowardly Lion
I hate the training mode's record function that all it does is let you record combos easier so you could upload them but that is useless compared to getting frame data for a character. Why does Johnny Cage get a fullscreen tool that goes through projectiles. I mean why doesn't Baraka get something like that I mean his Blade Charge doesn't even cover as much ground as Johnny Cage's Shadow Kick. Nightwolf did not need armor on shoulder charge because he had reflect which would discourage zoning with projectiles.

Online is quite buggy too which all of the random game desynchronized messages I get as soon as I pick a character or just during a match where the connection is great then disconnects.

Oh yeah talking about armor...

How come S tier characters like Nightwolf and Johnny Cage have FULL armor on EN moves that travel full screen distance mind you. But lower tier characters like Stryker only have armor during the start up frames?

I mean EX Roll Toss is supposed to be used vs low projectiles like Kabal's ground saw or Noob's shadow clones. But the armor on it is so small and strict that it almost renders the move useless. You can't even make an educated guess or react early. If I see Reptile going for a force ball, I can't even immediately react to it, I *have* to TIME it at the very last second just before force ball is about to hit me. How dumb is that? By that time if I go for EX roll toss Reptile has already recovered and can just block my roll. So I just wasted 1 bar for 2% chip damage while I took 8% from the force ball I armored through. And if I EX roll toss too soon vs Reptile's force ball then I eat a 36% combo.

Come on guys. Give Stryker full armor, he needs it (unlike NW and JC)

lobo

woof.
rofl at jade's winning pose when she gets all bloody on the inner thigh. Oo

oh and training mode is ass.

i think quan chi needs more nerfs.

RoGE

Noob
-Cyrax being a 3 in 1 character. It's the same character for pete's sake, why the drastic difference between all 3 skins? Also, his net and bomb glitch. If you accidentally fire a blank net or bomb it drains your meter. Thats retarded. Whats even funnier is that NRS obliterated the bomb trap and at the same time brought back the bomb trap with his latest skin, although the timing is more strict yet his regular robo skin is completely castrated and crap tier. Bomb "trap" should have never been removed. Cyrax is toast from up close without a useful command grab setup... :facepalm: EDIT: With his MK3 skin he has different cool down timing for the nets and bombs. I've shot a crap load of blanks due to the difference in timing.
I actually find that neat >.>

Gthunda866

Lazer Eye!
why even complain about his Knifes now, Skarlet can over spam Kano to the max but i feel that is gonna get nerf most likely I'm not saying I support it or hate the idea I'm just saying it's gonna happen

I didnt know he was fixed in this patch cos i was playing AE. I just played a Kano and yes i still lost but i noticed its improved.

Right now i am hesistating to call spamming zoning cos everyone has the exact same walk speed and retarded back dash so you dont even have that much control.
Yes people complain about game characters and the reason i complained was because i was unaware of the patch.

leek

Noob
I didnt know he was fixed in this patch cos i was playing AE. I just played a Kano and yes i still lost but i noticed its improved.

Right now i am hesistating to call spamming zoning cos everyone has the exact same walk speed and retarded back dash so you dont even have that much control.
Yes people complain about game characters and the reason i complained was because i was unaware of the patch.
Just.. go away. You don't have any idea about "everyone" on the roster list making a claim like that, especially since you're not supposed to just GET UP AND WALK out of getting zoned. I hesistate to call scrubs scrubs..but damm..