What's new

Mortal Kombat 9 Ranting Thread

you are right put tekken's hardest is way more punishing than mk 9, at least you get punished for some decent damage for any mistake you do, i find that a good way to learn the spacing and timing for most moves and combos.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I've really gotten to the point where I don't feel it's worth it for me to continue playing this game, all I do is bitch about it, and get pissed off because frankly there's too much garbage related with it.

1. Online - dear god, I hate online. Online is my only actual way of playing this game on a competitive level, in which I have to force myself to play like an idiot because of the delay. How do you 'advance' online? You cannot.

2. The trainer - I've attempted to start a petition on this subject and to get the community involved but it's going nowhere. I understand it's a process but it seems as if everyone's content with how god damn awful it is, that's my only feasible way of actually training myself to get better at the game due to online being complete ass.

So, in closing, I just feel like this game is a colossal waste of my time until I can find a local scene or move somewhere which has one. I'm not about to actually attend tournaments and waste my money when I don't have a local sparring partner or any offline players to play.

Kabal's projectiles should be nerfed. They come out way too fast. I can prove he's the only character in the game that doesn't respect the "zoning rules" that the designers tried to implement.

I think it's a little unfair that he's the only character that simply cannot be zoned because of the broken properties of his projectiles (both versions). I mean even Noob's crazy fast shadow clones follow the same rules as everyone else. But Kabal doesn't. This makes him a little broken in my book. He has an unfair advantage vs everyone zoning wise.

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
i HATE JUMP IN PUNCHES!!! oh boooooy do i hate them so much in this game. to know that random jump in thats blocked still gives them advantage and an extra attack or throw no matter what i do just makes me hate this game so much. whats even worse is a jump in punch that can go into ANOTHER jump in punch, but because im in block and it can take several frames to get out of block i know ill get hit either way. since i play a pretty defensive game, you can imagine all the stupid frame advantage BS i eat. i just wish blocking was a we bit more useful, or at least more useful with characters like sheeva who have a hard time building momentum.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Not really a ranting type, but I do hate lag and especially the fact that they buffed Noob WAY too much IMO with that recovery off the portal into shadow bs....and people thought Ermac was tough to get in on? hahaha, wait until you play more solid Noobs, although I have had success with Sektor of all people against Noob...Ok I'm done.

i HATE JUMP IN PUNCHES!!! oh boooooy do i hate them so much in this game. to know that random jump in thats blocked still gives them advantage and an extra attack or throw no matter what i do just makes me hate this game so much. whats even worse is a jump in punch that can go into ANOTHER jump in punch, but because im in block and it can take several frames to get out of block i know ill get hit either way. since i play a pretty defensive game, you can imagine all the stupid frame advantage BS i eat. i just wish blocking was a we bit more useful, or at least more useful with characters like sheeva who have a hard time building momentum.
Yeah blocking's a bitch in this game. Even if you're great at blocking, you still get punished for it. I started to realize it's better not to block at all except when you have no other choice. Can't afford to keep giving meter to my opponents like that. So sometimes I prefer to jump away and take 10% instead of giving them 1 full bar of chip meter.

I don't know who's your main but you could try to dash under jump ins or try to lower your hittable box with D3, D4 or Sweep. That works for me. :) But it's kind of character specific.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I'll be honest, the most consistent combo I land online is JIP 2 (this sets them up for a FB) fast FB 32 slow FB 321 slide/slow FB

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I love this game a lot, but i've lately rendered online COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE. Is it because of lag? NO, it's because I cant play one match without it disconnecting, and my internet connection is fine. Any other game i play = 4 bars, 3 bars.

MK? I cant even get passed the character selection screen before it freezes for a minute, then says "The game has been disconnected."

Eight

I am the salt
THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE THIS GAME SESSION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Not really a ranting type, but I do hate lag and especially the fact that they buffed Noob WAY too much IMO with that recovery off the portal into shadow bs....and people thought Ermac was tough to get in on? hahaha, wait until you play more solid Noobs, although I have had success with Sektor of all people against Noob...Ok I'm done.
I have never played a good noob saibot and today I finally did. I played against tricky nick's noob and was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Holy crap, his noob was insane and mind fudging. my poor scrubby cyrax didn't stand a chance. Needless to say I got flawlessed various times haha. I didn't know what the much spoken about noob shenanigans were until I witnessed it first hand. Holy crap.

Kombo

Noob
How come a move called ANTI AIR works on me when my feet are planted one the ground? And why is the bomb trap still in the game? Evey Cyrax player I've fought uses the UMK3 outfit and everyone of them uses the bomb trap.

Edit: Not to mention the UMK3 skin has a safe teleport.

online fucking sucks. everyone says online will always have lag. stop defending them. ssf4 and tekken have lag, but not to where it stops in the middle of my string and not to mention its IMPOSSIBLE to block on reaction online.

Havik

Noob
I love this game and dropped every other but..
-dysincing
-disconnecting
-rage quits before a fatality
-no csz alt outfit
-no sidesteping and no parrying like in mka
-no keeping stats for dlc
-no achievements fotr dlc
-no bare tits
-ridiculously unbalanced chars.
-no teaming up with someone on your friends list in tag kombat
-rage mail
-short strings compared to tekken
-no bare tits
-low tier dlc characters
-no bare tits
-no sex scenes
-could have been bloodier
could have been more japanese like
-it took 7 weeks for them to anounce the 4th dlc
-in the end of armaggeddon every char was suposed to get god-like powers and the one being( themost fearful of all characters since mk1) was supposed to be the boss but instead we got superheroes and then mk trilogy with 3d dynamics
-NO HAVIK[MAD][/MAD]

Theme

Noob
I love this game and dropped every other but..
-dysincing
-disconnecting
-rage quits before a fatality
-no csz alt outfit
-no sidesteping and no parrying like in mka
-no keeping stats for dlc
-no achievements fotr dlc
-no bare tits
-ridiculously unbalanced chars.
-no teaming up with someone on your friends list in tag kombat
-rage mail
-short strings compared to tekken
-no bare tits
-low tier dlc characters
-no bare tits
-no sex scenes
-could have been bloodier
could have been more japanese like
-it took 7 weeks for them to anounce the 4th dlc
-in the end of armaggeddon every char was suposed to get god-like powers and the one being( themost fearful of all characters since mk1) was supposed to be the boss but instead we got superheroes and then mk trilogy with 3d dynamics
-NO HAVIK[MAD][/MAD]
You also forgot no bare tits....

-

I despise the input delay. Its not nearly as bad as say 1 month ago, but still, it still makes you unable to block on reaction. That just sucks. I play totally different online than I do offline with say a friend or against Expert computers.

Eight

I am the salt
If I have to hear Jade or Kitana's mocking little laugh one more fucking time

I am going to goddamn kill myself

Shady

Noob
I just can't do it anymore.... I'm done with this game (at least online) (Mini-Rant)

Today was the last straw. Now, I am by no means an amazing MK player and consider myself just average, but today I wash my hands entirely from online play and only will play offline at casuals and tournaments. I can't touch this game online anymore. I mean, when someone can just do two moves and NOTHING will come out for me because of lag and delay so I can't even EX Nomad Dash to punish blatant spamming, or combos drop because of lag delay. I know when it's good connection, this doesn't apply, but for the most of my online experience I have found that it takes ZERO skill, ABSOLUTELY NONE, to win online. Just sit there and abuse 2-3 moves to your content because your opponent will be walking through tar just to get a hit in on you, and when he does, whatdoyaknow, that shit drops.

I know I'm ranting, but I needed somewhere to post this before I put my hand through the wall. Yes, I play sports, and I am very competitive so this brings out the worst in me, especially when someone I should not be losing to in a million years wins because their internet is held together by a mango, two long pieces of string, a paper clip and a rubber band. In these circumstances, online proves nothing, but these kids still have the AUDACITY to send messages like "oh, why U mad? I beat you, lolz." FUCK OUTTA HERE.

I play video games to relax, wind down, but because of my competitive nature, shit like this happening doesn't let me do so. So the only reasonable answer is to get the fuck offline of here before I earn myself a heart attack.

So yeah, GGs to all those I met on this site and played online with me, but unless I have a very sudden change of heart about this, I Will mostly be sticking to casuals, tournaments, and practice mode. It's been fun.

EDIT: P.S. I apologize for all the language in this....

catch22

GOD LAO FTW!!!
I can relate to this a lot, while i dont lag, i get that dreaded tiny delay that screws me up all the time.
and while i dont care about win/loss online, cus it is not an indicative of true skills, i hate losing to those who just cant win and let it be.
they have to go on a rant about how good they are and so on.

my solution? i play mostly offline with my kids, and yes they are very good for their age xD
and or play friends only, cus i knw win/loss do not matter to them either, so i save on the dreaded hate mails even when they win lol

anyways, good post brother ;)