What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I still don't get how Kung Lao is bottom 10, EX hat spin +7 on block and now it doesn't allow free pressure? Omg, bottom 10.
Slowest in the game, no real offense, always has to give up his turn, no good true mids, his 'pressure' all loses to anybody with a 6f move.
He cant escape pressure himself without ex spinning in alot of cases because his fastest other than spin is 8f, which gets low profiled by alot too, so usually has to commit to a 9f d4, which again if blocked he loses his turn.

No real way to open people up other than grab. His biggest strength isnt even that good, in that you cant jump at him when he has meter, and you cant do shit thats -7. Big whoop.

Your turn, tell me how he's actually any good :)

For the record, I dropped him when he was still +12 because all these issues existed then. He was never as good as people thought he was in comparison to the rest of the cast.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Pressure character Kung Lao "Has no real offense, always has to give up his turn..."

Look I'm anything but high level and not a Lao expert by any means, but how come we've seen so so much Lao in the past even though he apparently doesn't have much going for him. If Lao is like this Foxy, then what have we been seeing from you and other Lao players? Were you just fighting people who 'don't know the matchup'?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Only reason why Kung lao ain't sitting next to Kenshi is due to his Mobility, Ex Spin, and not being as offensively challenged as those below him. Really, take a good hard look at what he has to offer compared to everyone else.

The last patch took EVERYTHING he was good at and nerfed it. His time in this game is over.

Last edited:

Yoaks

A spaceman
Possessed Kenshi is better than Lao imo.

He has safe armor, plus on block armor and combo launching armor. A faster poke. Some of the best normals in the game with d4 and b1. B1 even breaks some armored moves.

Jailing pressure that you can mixup with the Overhead Slice, Demon Drop or go into teleport to continue pressure. This also helps with his meter building.

Meterless damage is meh but he can take up to 34%-40% for a bar and about half life with 2 bars. Doesn't have to relay on ex Sickle Lift for anti-airing as I've constantly aa'ed people with s1, d2 and d1. Has Top 5 unbreakable damage in the game.

His push and Demon Fury (bf3) are good for controling space but should be used with caution since Demon Fury does have some wocky tracking but does hit mid, does 10% and is only punishable from fullscreen by only a few characters.

EDIT: Forgot to talk about his teleport. It's a good tool to get around and start pressure but its one of the slower teleports (Relentless Jason might be slower I'm not sure) and can get blown up if scouted. Just like Demon Fury. It shouldn't be abused.

Last edited:

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
This tier list looks really good. Glad someone else thinks dvora is s tier now, feel like i was going crazy, like the only tool she doesnt have is a good wakeup.
Didn'r they buff her wakeup? Everyone says even after the patch "But her wake-ups are bad so she's balanced bruh"

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
What happened to Tremor being bad that was floating around the forums?

Wasn't he nerfed in the last patch?

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
Another fact that people need to understand is that MKX is probably in the healthiest state a fighting game can be in where almost the entire cast is tournament viable. There are a few outliers but those are normally variation specific. Every character has at least 2, sometimes all 3, variations that can be played in tournament and have a believable chance of winning based on that players skill. There's no true bottom tier at this point. Just lots of solid mid tiers, above average tiers and then the God tiers. So rather than seeing bottom 10 as "the worst can't ever win a tourney" let's look at bottom 10 as these are the good characters, they just get a bit over shadowed by the rest of the cast, but are no less viable.

I'd even argue BRC can win with Dragon's fire. I know very little about BRC so forgive me if I miss things about him.

xxFalcon Loverxx

What happened to Tremor being bad that was floating around the forums?

Wasn't he nerfed in the last patch?
In the march 10 hotfix, they fixed him not being able to combo from DB3 up rock. Or atleast it was something like that. But all the tremor players was really happy at that hotfix, he must've been buffed in some way. A tremor HTB off of EX Up Rock was found but they patched that out. Crystalline is still pretty good. RIP Metallic, RIP Aftershock.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
In the march 10 hotfix, they fixed him not being able to combo from DB3 up rock. Or atleast it was something like that. But all the tremor players was really happy at that hotfix, he must've been buffed in some way. A tremor HTB off of EX Up Rock was found but they patched that out. Crystalline is still pretty good. RIP Metallic, RIP Aftershock.
I thought that was unintentional and they fixed that later on so he could combo from it. But added 5 more recovery frames to the EX up rock so that HTB setups where not available to him.

xxFalcon Loverxx

ermac is S ? Why ?
Yeah, he is. Because he has so much dirt and he has so many flight mixups which are safe on block and can be made plus on block which lead to mid 30's % damage midscreen. He's capable of so much stuff that people just don't know about.