What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

Really, we have S-???? Anyway I agree that there should not be any S+ in this game, there is no character that broken. Quan is not in the same tier as Goro and Jason, he is at least S-. Same as Erron black, he is not with Bo,... he is at least A+. Shinnok cannot be that high, he maybe top 10 but not top 3. Kotal can be higher also

This tier list is questionable not only because of the many controversial character placements, but also because over half the cast is allegedly S tier in some way or another which indicates that whoever made this lacks an understanding of what S tier is.

Also, S+ marks a character that competitively breaks the game. No one in MKX right now falls into that category, and I'd say that the only character who ever did was vanilla Tanya.

JORGIE

Noob
What makes you think Shinnok is S tier? A lot of people say he's really good but I don't see it. Care to explain?

myri

Time Warrior
Ok well despite the fact that tier lists are dumb and don't matter in the slightest, let's talk about this one.

Tremor is in the wrong spot (should be much higher like A or A+), Quan is in the wrong spot (again A or A+), Shinnok and Mileena should swap places (maybe even drop Shinnok to A+), Jacqui should be higher (A+, maybe even S) Erron should be higher (A- or A) and a bunch of other minor tweaks besides but these are just the major ones as far as I can tell. Honestly this game is the most balanced it's been since release (not that it's perfect by and stretch).

Tweedy

Noob
Tbh now the list is even worse since he moved characters down to B+ who imo can't go lower than A.

Also, the tier list logic differs from game to game. On some games SS is the god tier and S+ is normal. To me that has always made the most sense, since S+ is an expansion of S. SS is errr meh gerd this character.

Edit: I should say that it differs from community to community. You guys get the point.

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
Also, the tier list logic differs from game to game. On some games SS is the god tier and S+ is normal. To me that has always made the most sense, since S+ is an expansion of S. SS is errr meh gerd this character.
Yeah thats how I see it too.
SS is CEO tanya to me.

This tier list is questionable not only because of the many controversial character placements, but also because over half the cast is allegedly S tier in some way or another which indicates that whoever made this lacks an understanding of what S tier is.
Statement discarded. Now this tier list sucks because of the placements alone.

Only thing good about this list is the artwork is amazing. I love how subtle you picked the best variations for them lol. I'm pretty sure cutthroat Kano light is blue though. Cutthroat is his best variation indefinitely....

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Shinnok is S tier but D'vorah and Mileena are A+? Whaaaaaaat?
Leatherface and Kenshi share the same tier placement? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Imo of course:
1. Mileena belongs in S
2. Shinnok belongs in A+
3. Scorpion DEFINITELY belongs in A
4. D'Vorah belongs in S
4. Ermac belongs in S
5. Kano belongs in S
6. Takeda belongs in S
7. Sonya belongs in S
8. Kung Jin belongs in A+