What's new

Discussion MKXL Post 3/29/16 Tier List Thread

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I don't think Alien is better than Johnny Cage, Mileena, or Kano. Also how many matchups does Johnny Cage even lose if he switches between A-List and Stunt Double based on it. I'm not going on a Cage witch hunt but maybe a Cage player can tell me?
Alien is not better than cage or mileena imo. In acidic the acid doesn't do pretty much anything fullscreen whereas cage/mileena have true projectiles you must respect. Not only that, both of thier mids shit on aliens. You can lo profile his with some d2's and mileena d3 , cage d4 low profile his mid. His whiff recovery is terrible and his pressure has holes in acidic besides tail flip cheese. Acidic is only high because of the damage stacking in the corner. If you keep him midscreen all game, he will quite possibly lose unless u get hit by 50/50 acid restands lol. I just think he shines hardest in the corner.

x TeeJay o

F22~WGRC and B1~WGRC....
b1 wgc has a retarded gap and u can hit ppl out of it meterless. but yeah i can understand why it's a "safe" 50/50 cause i can block but it's not hit confirmable at all. but she has it so yea you right lol ima hold this L

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Alien is not better than cage or mileena imo. In acidic the acid doesn't do pretty much anything fullscreen whereas cage/mileena have true projectiles you must respect. Not only that, both of thier mids shit on aliens. You can lo profile his with some d2's and mileena d3 , cage d4 low profile his mid. His whiff recovery is terrible and his pressure has holes in acidic besides tail flip cheese. Acidic is only high because of the damage stacking in the corner. If you keep him midscreen all game, he will quite possibly lose unless u get hit by 50/50 acid restands lol. I just think he shines hardest in the corner.
I can't speak to Cage, but Mileena is constantly upplayed. She is good (probably a solid A+), but if you want to place a character in 'S' you need a really solid justification. And whatever you think about milly, it's likely that D'Vorah is A+ as well.

The NRS community seems to constantly want to abuse 'S-tier' -- but imo 'really good character' is what A+ describes. S is a character that gives the entire rest of the cast (including the other Really Good Characters) pause. S+ is Kabal-tier indisputably 'why play anyone else' broken.

x TeeJay o

Also regarding alien, tons of people let him do D1 after EVERYTHING. he isn't positive on anything in any variation outside of tarkatan and thats only when he delays the rekkas(which can be backdashed,armored) and he uses the low. Other than that after every attack u block from him, his turn is over.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
I can't speak to Cage, but Mileena is constantly upplayed. She is good (probably a solid A+), but if you want to place a character in 'S' you need a really solid justification. And whatever you think about milly, it's likely that D'Vorah is A+ as well.

The NRS community seems to constantly want to abuse 'S-tier' -- but imo 'really good character' is what A+ describes. S is a character that gives the entire rest of the cast (including the other Really Good Characters) pause. S+ is Kabal-tier indisputably 'why play anyone else' broken.
Give a position on the screen where Mileena would be uncomfortable.

Full screen? No
Half screen? No
Footsies? Nooooope
Up close? Not as strong, but you'd have to somehow get past all the other areas...
Opponent jumping in? Lmao no

And then you have consider her damage, conversions, armor, small hitbox, and pokes. I seriously doubt she's only A+

x TeeJay o

yeah i don't think there is an S tier character in the game tbh. Mileena is really good i agree with the A+. she's very tough to deal with if you play her patiently but it's not like she is unbeatable. Her b12 gets low profiled by D'Vorah bae D3 so im happy lololol

x TeeJay o

Full screen? No
Half screen? No
Footsies? No
Up close? Not a strong suit, but you'd have to somehow get past all the other areas...

I seriously doubt she's only A+
i think if you pressure her and not let her control the screen or pacing, you have a better chance. If u bait out some wakeup rolls and sais, get good punishes you can do well.

EDIT: I know she has a 6f frame d1, but you can't just spam d1 into a string or d1, d1, d1 if you are mileena. You can still play pressure game on her if you play it right

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

Full screen? No
Half screen? No
Footsies? Nooooope
Up close? Not a strong suit, but you'd have to somehow get past all the other areas...

And then you have consider her damage, conversions, armor, small hitbox, and pokes. I seriously doubt she's only A+
So you're describing a very well-rounded character, the definition of A+. S tier shouldn't about being 'uncomfortable'.

Or put another way, if your justification for calling a character S Tier is "she isn't uncomfortable anywhere" you're probably describing A/A+.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
b1 wgc has a (soap bar in my mouth) gap and u can hit ppl out of it meterless. but yeah i can understand why it's a "safe" 50/50 cause i can block but it's not hit confirmable at all. but she has it so yea you right lol ima hold this L
Still safe, if you read they'll press buttons, you can block.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
So you're describing a very well-rounded character, the definition of A+. S tier shouldn't about being 'uncomfortable'.

Or put another way, if your justification for calling a character S Tier is "she isn't uncomfortable anywhere" you're probably describing A/A+.
Mileena fits the definition of S used for this list. "Many benefits and very few negatives".

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash

She can make almost every character feel uncomfortable at multiple points on the screen. If you're not blessed with some amazing advancing mid then God help you in the Mileena MU.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
That'd also describe Jax (many benefits and few negatives) but yet he's in the same tier as Subby.
Jax isn't as safe as Mileena and doesn't have as good of control over the screen and his optimal corner combos lost significant damage. Also Subs not really a bad character it's not like being in his tier is a problem.

x TeeJay o

Not saying it's easy, nobody's supernatural, but there's evidence that with enough grinding you can reliably distinguish and act accordingly.
Yeah i know i actually just practiced it when i saw your vid lol it's not as hard as i thought because I've been using her since day 1 but in a real game unless my opponent is armoring it consistently i dont think I'd be able to do it. Doesn't really matter cus they always get hit by b1 anyways !! Lol