What's new

mkxl new gravity on a hit ducking opponent

so i was playing last night and i was using venomous and i realized that f112xexspray no longer combo if the opponents only gets hit by 2 at the end of the string if they are ducking because 2 will lunch them lower in the air and the ex spray will miss

at first i thought it was just another nerfed that venomous got but the samathing is happening with brawler. she is not longer able to do the same combo after a jumping kick to air grab hit the opponents when they are ducking because they are lower in the air now

so i when to try other characters and the same thing is happening.

Doing a D1 after a teleport for Ermac has gotten a lot more difficult for me lately. And there's a combo in Spectral that I have failed (online) every single time all day yesterday becuse they seem to fall quicker. But it could just be me.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
so i was playing last night and i was using venomous and i realized that f112xexspray no longer combo if the opponents only gets hit by 2 at the end of the string if they are ducking because 2 will lunch them lower in the air and the ex spray will miss

at first i thought it was just another nerfed that venomous got but the samathing is happening with brawler. she is not longer able to do the same combo after a jumping kick to air grab hit the opponents when they are ducking because they are lower in the air now

so i when to try other characters and the same thing is happening.
The same thing happened to me with venomous against triborg this weekend, was unsure if he had a mileena hitbox, but this could explain it!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've been complaining this bug since last year, still nobody listens to me tho.

At first i though it was only a Hat Trick issue, then Tom Brady brought to attention that this is universal. Problem is, to some extent any character that can directly launch with a mid or overhead move, if the launcher hits anyone crouching, the float will be very low.

@colt, i'm begging you, please fix this, it does more harm than good and it makes some underused variations unviable, same juggle height to any launcher should to great things for such characters.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
The only reason why I do not like it, is because it kinda ruins the point of most OHs in the corner. Goro for example cannot even combo off of his F4 in the corner unless they don't block. That is stupid, considering that is his only OH starter.

Lokheit

Noob
This could be easily fixed if launchers forced the opponent to go through a brief 1 frame animation where they're forced into the "I'm going to be launched" standing position, which would remove differences between standing or crouching, and then start the proper launcher.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This bug is becoming more and more famous, the more people are getting annoyed by it, maybe NRS is still working to identify the problem(at least that is what i hope), but its really a turn off, i gotta say, when the 1.13 patch came out, the first thing i did, was to test if this bug is still there, once i noticed it was, i, immediately turned off the console and hasn't played until today.

Remembering it was also the first thing i did when XL has hit the consoles on the DLC day, now imagine the disappointment.

i am not sure that this is something old. i have been using venomous for months and this never happen to me before. yet while playing a few games with m2dave it happen every time he got hit by just the 2 at the end of the string.

same goes for jax BNB 123 EXdown ground pound RC F12 etc.. after the the ground pound its super hard to hit a duck female character

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
As a matter of fact I kept dropping my Shinnok BnB's last night - 112xxHellsparks JI2xxTrickyPort NJP JIP F2xxMimicry - it kept dropping after I attempted the JIP after the NJP and probably landed it like 3 times out of my 8 attempts. This is bullshit.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nothing has changed. This was always how f+1,1,2~EX Spray worked.

Nothing has changed. This was always how f+1,1,2~EX Spray worked.
Correct, it has not changed. I think some people are new to a variation/character and just now realizing the different launch height vs a crouching opponent.

The title of the thread is a bit misleading. There is no new gravity on crouching opponents, it has always been this way. You just cant do come combos when you launch the opponent out of a crouching state.

i have always use ff2ex spray as a strategy against people who like to poke when then think you will stop the string at f11 and against players who like to get hit by the last hit of f112 on purpose to get away from venomous close game and the ex spray always connected no matter what they did. yes now is been missing a lot. even in the beta this never happened.

if you guys are right and it was like this way before mkxl. then the only explanation i can think of is that mkx has a counter hit system in which if you hit a neutral ducking opponent they will get lunch lower in the air but if you hit a ducking opponent in the middle of a poke they get launch to the same high as a standing opponent. but i have never test this before i am just guessing here as of now. i ll be doing some testing tonight.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
i have always use ff2ex spray as a strategy against people who like to poke when then think you will stop the string at f11 and against players who like to get hit by the last hit of f112 on purpose to get away from venomous close game and the ex spray always connected no matter what they did. yes now is been missing a lot. even in the beta this never happened.

if you guys are right and it was like this way before mkxl. then the only explanation i can think of is that mkx has a counter hit system in which if you hit a neutral ducking opponent they will get lunch lower in the air but if you hit a ducking opponent in the middle of a poke they get launch to the same high as a standing opponent. but i have never test this before i am just guessing here as of now. i ll be doing some testing tonight.
You can throw people out of pokes so they have bigger hitbox than neutral crouch for sure, whether it has anything to do with stuff not comboing is hard to tell though.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
i am not sure that this is something old. i have been using venomous for months and this never happen to me before. yet while playing a few games with m2dave it happen every time he got hit by just the 2 at the end of the string.
Believe us, we've been struggling with this since 2015.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I am playing an old version of the game now pre-XL. Nothing has changed, it's a character match-up thing.

If Sub-Zero takes the last hit crouching it misses but if he takes the last hit standing it connects. Tremor doesn't get hit either way.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I am playing an old version of the game now pre-XL. Nothing has changed, it's a character match-up thing.

If Sub-Zero takes the last hit crouching it misses but if he takes the last hit standing it connects. Tremor doesn't get hit either way.
Can i respectfully ask if this is considered a bug? Or if the way characters float when juggle moves hits them crouching its intentional?

I will understand if you guys can't comment further, i (and a few others) just want a closure to this matter.
Should we expect this to be fixed?