What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Cassie needs a ALT Skin badly.. her second skin is terrible... Also I would love to see a Kraken style skin for D'vorah .. like all super insect like.
I hope that every new character gets a third skin.
Sadly though It looks like this isn't happening.
All the planned (officially unannounced) skin packs have been leaked last month already, and the 3 we were not aware about for whom they would be were the Brazil one, and the Klassic pack #1 and #2, which would already rule out the new characters.
Perhaps after all that stuff is released we will get some skins for the new characters.

P.S.
For those who were not aware yet; there will also be 2 Klassic fatality packs coming for this game.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
bummer... good news about the fatalities though... I think each person needs like 4 or 5. Still they should be like Street Fighter and just have a redonkulas ammount of skins for each and have some of them really wild.

Jynks

Hair dosn't bother me as much as the outfit. Short hair on girls is a good thing.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
As of today the Kold War pack is available for purchase on PSN (EU)
The price is €3,99 (I assume $4,99 in the US)
Comes with a skin for Kano, Sonya & Sub-Zero (See main post)

I will update the main post as soon as someone from the US can confirm they have it released too.

kappie.wp

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As of today the Kold War pack is available for purchase on PSN (EU)
The price is €3,99 (I assume $4,99 in the US)
Comes with a skin for Kano, Sonya & Sub-Zero (See main post)

I will update the main post as soon as someone from the US can confirm they have it released too.
Not part of the Kombat pack?

aj1701

Noob
Cassie needs a ALT Skin badly.. her second skin is terrible... Also I would love to see a Kraken style skin for D'vorah .. like all super insect like.
She needs another skin, but I think her second one is way better than her primary one.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
Will there be a "Non-Kombat Pack Skin Packs Pack" later on? Ffs... That's a serious question btw, cause I would consider getting those discounted. It's ridiculous how much DLC will cost you these days. Here I was assuming buying a season pass would get you all DLC...

Will there be a "Non-Kombat Pack Skin Packs Pack" later on? Ffs... That's a serious question btw, cause I would consider getting those discounted. It's ridiculous how much DLC will cost you these days. Here I was assuming buying a season pass would get you all DLC...
No, and most season passes are crazy overpriced.

For me, I've got the Kombat Pass on my Steam Wish List, and I'll do the same for non-Kombat Pass packs.

When they go on sale ($10.00 for the Kombat Pack, a buck or so for costume packs not in the Kombat Pack), then I'll bite.

Jynks

I mean his skin I have seen with the Gas Mask and everything.. I thought it was going to be in the cold war pack?

supernumian

Triborg Enthusiast
Are there any alternative way to unlock Revenant Jax? Because I don't have a second controller. :(
Same for Hot Shot Johnny.

Tim Static

Adminerator
For now....
The pre-order and collector edition skins will without a doubt be up for sale at some point in the game's lifespan.
Not always. It's been discussed, but no word yet. But I would assume if their is a GOTY or complete edition, one would have to assume it would be on there.

Or it could be like MK9 for VITA with it's exclusive skins that the consoles/pc never got. :/

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Not always. It's been discussed, but no word yet. But I would assume if their is a GOTY or complete edition, one would have to assume it would be on there.

Or it could be like MK9 for VITA with it's exclusive skins that the consoles/pc never got. :/
Well the Kollector Edition skin (Gold Scorpion) I can understand being exclusive, but the Kold War one being pre-order I wouldn't be able to understand if that ended up being an exclusive, especially since it wasn't available in every country.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Well the Kollector Edition skin (Gold Scorpion) I can understand being exclusive, but the Kold War one being pre-order I wouldn't be able to understand if that ended up being an exclusive, especially since it wasn't available in every country.
Yea just depends on the contract that Gamestop got it for, which we have no idea about. It might be a timed exclusive or something of that nature, but we'll likely never find out until after the fact. I figured they would have just added him to this pack but a little bit further down the line etc.

So how exactly do you unlock Revenant Kung Lao? First post says between 25-35 KOTH wins. Is that total, or just Klassic? I have 31 wins total and haven't unlocked it yet.