What's new

Guide MKXL List of Skin Unlocks

It's funny, I remember Ed Boon saying this game won't have as much skins as Injustice did at all.
But at this rate it seems to at least end up being close.
Injustice has 81 alternate skins (including DLC).
MKX currently has 55 with at least 3 more skin packs to come (which adds another 9 bringing the total to 64).
And since they pulled off an unannounced skin pack (Kold War one with Sonya, Kano, and Sub Zero), who's to say they won't do that again.

I love skins, I really wouldn't mind more :p
The more skins, The better.

Nice, I hope they do more as the game goes on. Maybe MK 2 skins and I really liked that Deception "Shredder" Sub-Zero skin :)
Yes plz!

Hey all,

Tried the mobile unlock trick last night, and it worked. Note you don't need to change your faction, at least on the PC version, you can simply hit "Esc" to back out.

Does anyone know if there's a similar trick to unlocking the online skins (Hotshot Johnny and Revenant Kitana, Kung Lao, and Liu Kang)? I'm avoiding online at the moment until the game is better patched.

Also, thanks @AeroGrunt for the skins! As I understand it, you actually had nothing to do with this and it was a complete surprise that your profile is unlocking Mobile skins and such for people, but thanks regardless!

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Also, thanks @AeroGrunt for the skins! As I understand it, you actually had nothing to do with this and it was a complete surprise that your profile is unlocking Mobile skins and such for people, but thanks regardless!
I've been aware of it since my name was posted online. I've received over 50 friend requests since then which is pretty damn annoying, I have to go through each one of them and ask them if they added me just for the skins or if they actually wanna play with me. I don't mind it now, I'd probably do the same thing if I didn't have access to the iOS game. I also posted my Steam trade offer link to various forums where the exploit was posted and have received some very generous donations from people so it definitely evens out. Random people even recognize me in rooms now, it's pretty funny haha.

Alucard

The worst good player ever.
Hey all,

Tried the mobile unlock trick last night, and it worked. Note you don't need to change your faction, at least on the PC version, you can simply hit "Esc" to back out.

Does anyone know if there's a similar trick to unlocking the online skins (Hotshot Johnny and Revenant Kitana, Kung Lao, and Liu Kang)? I'm avoiding online at the moment until the game is better patched.

For hotshot Jhonny just make a private KOTH survivor and boos it out. You can prob make private lobbies for the other ones as well.

I've been aware of it since my name was posted online. I've received over 50 friend requests since then which is pretty damn annoying, I have to go through each one of them and ask them if they added me just for the skins or if they actually wanna play with me. I don't mind it now, I'd probably do the same thing if I didn't have access to the iOS game. I also posted my Steam trade offer link to various forums where the exploit was posted and have received some very generous donations from people so it definitely evens out. Random people even recognize me in rooms now, it's pretty funny haha.

That's awesome dude!

I have an issue with horror pack skin (kraken reptail, vampire milena, faraon ermac) i bought kombat pack nad now additional skins are not avalible (locked) on game, one week ago that worked perfectly. Do anyone have same problem, and know how to solve that ?
i tried to reinstal horror pack, byut withour results.
console: Xbox one

rafaw

#YouSuck
For hotshot Jhonny just make a private KOTH survivor and boos it out. You can prob make private lobbies for the other ones as well.
Im sure that JC Hotshot need to be done in a public KOTH survivor, ive tryied 2 times doing it on private with a friend, and nothing happened!
2 Days ago i give it a try on a public KOTH survivor and i manage to get the 10 win streak, people there were just bad at the game :D

It is kinda funny how NRS/WB had NO faith in any of their new characters considering none of them have more than 1 alt skin.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Cassie needs a ALT Skin badly.. her second skin is terrible... Also I would love to see a Kraken style skin for D'vorah .. like all super insect like.

It is kinda funny how NRS/WB had NO faith in any of their new characters considering none of them have more than 1 alt skin.
Them only having one alt has nothing to do with a lack of faith.

The veteran kombatants are always the ones that get the most alts anyway.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
I caught a bad flu a few ago, so that's why stuff has not been properly updated in the main post yet, I'll do so when I feel better and start working on the krypt unlock guide too.
I'm posting mainly from my tablet and phone so typing it all up on there is a no go, haha.

*EDIT*
Managed to properly update the main post on my tablet, so at least that's sorted now.

Added:
-Brazil Skin Pack
-Klassic Reptile

Changed:
-Sonya, Kano and Liu Kang - Changed to indicate Klassic skins are from MK1

Side note:
Not sure if the Klassic Skin Pack 2 will be from MK1, MK2, or MK3 yet.

Last edited:

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
Confirmed . . Revenant Kung Lao unlocked after 27 wins in klassic KOTH player matches (not private)

You DONT have to win consecutively and you DONT have to stay in the same lobby