What's new

MKX XL Patch 1.12 is Now Live on PSN & XBL

Zatoichi

Fabulous Goofball
Kano's Cybernetic/Commando b1 was nerfed again, for zero reason. It's -8 on block, b13 is also -2 on block, but that's just 1 frame difference. Kotal Khan has great, safe mids that lead to 40%+ damage, a 6f d1 to make sure no one punish him, and Mid-Tier Cybernetic kano has his b1, and b13 string nerfed.

Last edited:

Mirjitsu

Noob
Anyone else noticing new dialogue between non-dlc characters? Just had Rev Liu call Rev Lao an asshole after arguing about which fighting style is better.

Kitana's 21 ex sharpen is highly plus on block. I was able to block/jump over 6f reversals. I was also able to knock reptile clean out of ex dash with b1. Her b1 is 10f while reptiles dash is 6f
Assuming you're talking about reptiles bf2 it's actually 8 frames.. I think it's only around +2 or +3

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Assuming you're talking about reptiles bf2 it's actually 8 frames.. I think it's only around +2 or +3
Na his slide is 6f and I was able to block and jump over.

Are you sure his dash is 8f? Either way, I'm hitting him out of it after a blocked 21 ex sharpen.

LIGUE

Noob
I played XL for a bit today and I wasn't as initially impressed as I thought I would be. Keep in mind, I never gotten a beta code to test out the connections, so I do not have anything tangible to really compare my experiences so far with. However based, on what I've read and heard from people who did have the beta, it played nearly perfect to that of offline.
The new build most definitely feels better than Vanilla MKX, however I can't help but feel like in this new version of the game, that its not exactly LAG that is the issue but rather I feel like my character/ the game is just a tad bit slower. A constant feeling of "lag" so to speak, because of some unknown reason.

I do have a theory behind it though?
Did the Beta ever mention a consistent addition of 3 frames in everything you do?
I know Paolo implemented in the current XL build, to deal/ mask some 'desyncing" issues that may occasionally occur in a GGPO netcode. Perhaps the "LAG" we feel is due to the consistent 3 frame buffer/ addition, hence why there is a 'replicate ONLINE lag offline' option in the menus.

**I haven't actually tested this yet, to see how different the two features are**

These 3 frames may actually make the game feel slower, despite being ggpo. Our inputs are being registered in real time, but because everything has 3 extra frames the game might feel slower.

Maybe the BETA everyone played did not HAVE this feature installed yet to protect against Desyncing??
Meaning the GGPO netcode was still operating 1 - 1.
Can anyone confirm nor deny this?

This is just a theory of mine as to why I feel and am reading some mediocre responses to the new code. Especially when comparing how great the beta seemed to be, to the drop in performance at launch.

Disclaimer ** -> This is based on my actual understanding on how the GGPO netcode works. I could be totally wrong here, so if anyone more know information on the actual system maybe they could correct me.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
I recall her not being able to reflect his sword. That's great!
I remember being able to reflect his sword in the past, just not his EX.

Anywho, I have some things to say.

First, is netcode. It feels great just like the beta. I'm not sure of the problem folks are having with lag but it's working better than the old netcode.

Second, is Tanya and pressure characters. We all know Tanya was the most hated to fight against, but the changes made in kobu are questionable.

Her combo ender of 3,4 flip kick that no longer links unless in corner makes no sense to me. Why was this done? It should go back to how it was.

Damage reduction? Why? It was fine.

Having a gap in b1, 2+4 is fine as Sonya has a gap in her string of b1,4. This allows someone to armor through if they have meter.

Ex Tonfa toss being neural is fine.

Her b1 being moved to 11, Idk. I can feel and see a difference but not sure it was warranted.

B1, 2+4 should be -8 on block, not -10.

If this was an effort to make her fair and balanced, I think they did in some ways but in others, it's a bit much. NRS straight up said they'd like to see her other variations being used in the kombat kast, and it looks like they weren't kidding. Some folks agree the nerf was too much, even those that don't use her, but others are relieved and happy or think it's fair.

Meanwhile, pressure characters such as Liu, Johnny, D'Vorah and Jax went untouched from what I've seen and heard (aside from meter build on block, that doesn't count since it's a global thing). I don't use those characters so I could be wrong.

Pyro still feels the same to me. DN is fun but hard to do much with her. Maybe I just haven't explored much.

I know we all complain of things being broken or unbalanced, but this patch needs a patch itself. Idk what NRS is thinking sometimes. Their goal is to check for anything game breaking and other bugs, but I think they sometimes implement things that are just that - broken.

themanDan

The saw is family
anyone on ps4 in the East coast have access to the new characters yet?

Errrrr, kp2 isn't even on the ps store anymore :/

Last edited:

aieches

#freeHomelee2016
XBL users- if it doesnt pop up automatically -
i had to go to manage game - then hit the install (all) on the right side of the menu screen - then after everything finish i close the game- once it started up - it said updating game- and then everything's all good.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I played XL for a bit today and I wasn't as initially impressed as I thought I would be. Keep in mind, I never gotten a beta code to test out the connections, so I do not have anything tangible to really compare my experiences so far with. However based, on what I've read and heard from people who did have the beta, it played nearly perfect to that of offline.
The new build most definitely feels better than Vanilla MKX, however I can't help but feel like in this new version of the game, that its not exactly LAG that is the issue but rather I feel like my character/ the game is just a tad bit slower. A constant feeling of "lag" so to speak, because of some unknown reason.

I do have a theory behind it though?
Did the Beta ever mention a consistent addition of 3 frames in everything you do?
I know Paolo implemented in the current XL build, to deal/ mask some 'desyncing" issues that may occasionally occur in a GGPO netcode. Perhaps the "LAG" we feel is due to the consistent 3 frame buffer/ addition, hence why there is a 'replicate ONLINE lag offline' option in the menus.

**I haven't actually tested this yet, to see how different the two features are**

These 3 frames may actually make the game feel slower, despite being ggpo. Our inputs are being registered in real time, but because everything has 3 extra frames the game might feel slower.

Maybe the BETA everyone played did not HAVE this feature installed yet to protect against Desyncing??
Meaning the GGPO netcode was still operating 1 - 1.
Can anyone confirm nor deny this?

This is just a theory of mine as to why I feel and am reading some mediocre responses to the new code. Especially when comparing how great the beta seemed to be, to the drop in performance at launch.

Disclaimer ** -> This is based on my actual understanding on how the GGPO netcode works. I could be totally wrong here, so if anyone more know information on the actual system maybe they could correct me.
I played the Beta and comparing this live version of it, I do feel aome lag issues. The Beta was smooth as butter, but I can't really say that right now.

E

Eldriken

I closed the game and started it again and all my DLC was available.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
I know that people hate Tanya, but her changes were clumsy at best. I mean the damage nerf??? That was never her big threat and her lackluster higher damage combos were mainly meter dependent. Now that they have significantly changed the properties of Rekka's/b1 2+4, there was absolutely no need for this. 34 Cartwheel/dust nerf is nonsensical too.

I have no problem with normalising a character, but they just went way too overboard. The extra changes which were not announced in the stream seem more punitive rather than legitimate changes.