What's new

MKX Variation Tier List by Yomi DJT

Vaiist

Noob
I'm a little surprised to see Master of Storms and Displacer in the same spot. I love MoS but agree that he has major shortcomings. However, I feel like Displacer picks up a lot of his slack. Would you mind going into the thought process that placed both of them on equal ground?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
For me Jax is A+ because he got some bad MU, he is full combo punishable and his OH got small range so he should stick to do his 50/50 and it's not one of the best 50/50.
I'm glad you put cutthroat over cybernetic and I agree with that but I think he is only A, yeah damage is here, it's hard to punish kano, one of the best back dashes but he lose his B1 for an CLOSE RANGE overhead (if miss you are full combo punishable) with 13 Start up when Shinnok has low in 7 with more range, so I say cutthroat is A.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I like the list but some of the tiers are a little too crowded. I would separate them like so:

S Tier: Kobu Tanya, Tempest Lao, Aftershock Tremor, Crystalline Tremor, Metallic Tremor(I didn't think this one was that good but I wont argue with the best Tremor lol), Hollywood Cassie, Dragon's fire Liu Kang, Wrestler Jax

A+ Tier: A List Johnny, Boneshaper Shinnok, HQT Predator, Sorceror Quan, Shaolin Kung Jin, Demolition Sonya, Shirai Ryu Takeda, Deceptive Reptile, GM Sub Zero, Swarm Queen Dvorah, War God Kotal, Gunslinger Erron Black, Stunt Double Johnny

A Tier: Sun God Kotal, Ronin Takeda, Outlaw Erron Black, Cutthroat Kano, Cyber Kano Hellfire Scorpion, Royal Storm Kitana, Mournful Kitana, Warlock Quan Chi, Ruthless Ferra Torr, Lackey Ferra Torr, Vicious Ferra Torr, Flame Fist Liu Kang, Impostor Shinnok, Full Auto Jacqui, Master of Storms Ermac, Bojitsu Kung Jin, Marksman Erron Black, Cryomancer Sub Zero

A- Tier: Piercing Mileena, Ethereal Mileena Blood God Kotal, Noxious Reptile, Shotgun Jacqui, Venomous Dvorah, Spectral Ermac, Ninjitsu Scorpion, Dragon Naginata Tanya, Hunter Predator, Spec Ops Cassie, Brawler Cassie, Thunder God Raiden, Nmble Reptile, Assassin Kitana, Buzzsaw Lao

B tier: High Tech Jacqui, Hat Trick Lao, Lasher Takeda, Displacer Raiden, Pyro Tanya, Ravenous Mileena, Special Forces Sonya, Brood Mother Dvorah, Dragon Fangs Goro, Kuatan Warrior Goro, Dualist Liu Kang, Commando Kano, Balanced Kenshi, Kenjutsu Kenshi, Ancestral Kung Jin, Necromancer Shinnok, Fisticuffs Johny Cage

C Tier: Master of Storms Raiden, Warrior Predator, Possessed Kenshi, Tigrar Fury Goro, Mystic Ermac, Inferno Scorpion, Relentless Jason, Slasher Jason, Unbreakable Sub Zero,

LOL Tier: Unstoppable Jason

Some might disagree with my changes but you get the point.

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Finally a variation tier list.

I like tier B a lot, none of those variations do anything special, I think tier B is very accurate. I would say Commando Kano is near the bottom of the tier.

Actually, I think Displacer is better than B tier.

dwz_mk9

I could do this all day...
The most accurate tier list to date imo! And it's how it should be done; with variations. Good work DJT! I do have to ask though, why is metallic in S? I haven't seen anything of metallic so I'm just curious.

I don't know if anyone had pointed this out but you have two Summoner Quan Chi's in the same tier (did you accidentally want to put Sorcerer as the second one?)

DavS13

Noob
Is metallic actually that good? I know he has the re-stands in the variation, dont know much else and nobody uses him.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
Much appreciated for you writing all that up, i would have ethereal in the same tier as piercing, and move up Dragon fang, but I like it
Why should dragon fang be put up just curious. I might move him up. He is a pretty solid char. Most of goro community would say its the best I believe

MK Led

Umbasa
Everyone putting ruthless f/t below the other two variations... do you know about the buff pain and gain got? If you do, I would love to hear your reasoning as to why you put it below vicious and lackey.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I like this alot. The things I questioned the most would probably be Metallic being in S (but I barely know anything about Metallic) and Grandmaster/War God being in A+. Grandmaster and War God both have 0 losing matchups in my opinion.

But I agree with basically everything

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
Did you seriously send us a super long apology message and then proceed to once again be a juvenile jackass because you're STILL salty some players said Mileena was good?

Also, your information is months old. Saltface moved to Florida a few months ago and hasn't really touched the game that much since according to him.
I never really like when people speak for me. So here is my current situation. Yes I have moved to Florida, yes I can't play as much as I used to, & yes things have changed in the game.

But however I still play, I still train, & I promise you I haven't lost my touch at all just because I moved. Also I've been in Florida for only one month. Don't forget in Injustice I primarily got good & had tremendous success on my own without any sponsors.

I'll tell you all this. Next week I can resume my full training regiment once I get paid & buy myself a copy of the game.

Also to answer any Mileena questions on this tier placing. I fully agree with the Mid Tier placement but that is the farthest I will go on it. She can win but has to work hard especially vs the Top Tier.

My early in the game life assessment still holds true. "Fair character in an unfair game."

Now while you people debate on who you think is good or not I'll just keep leveling up & find my own ways to win.

I agree with the characters i understand but have a few questions.
Can you please explain what makes Metallic S?
And what makes Dragon Naginata A?
Nice bro

Your the first to it and it looks good

I know people are being controversial with Mileana but a lot of Mileana players agree Ethereal is her best so I would say put that up with Piercing

Why Metalic so high?
Is metallic actually that good? I know he has the re-stands in the variation, dont know much else and nobody uses him.
I play all varations, mostly Metallic.

(Talking specifically about Lava Skin)

Metallic Tremor is the least meter dependant variation, have between upper 20s to mid 40s in damage while restanding.

Also a safe low launcher, able to utilize his flash parry more since he doesn't need his meter for anything else and insane meter building.

Everyone is still talking about Aftershock (understandable, it's very good) but I'm of the opinion Metallic is his best. Unpopular opinion but there it is.

You MAY need Aftershock or Crystalline for certain MUs, I.E. zoners, (I haven't explored all MUs yet) but honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.

But however I still play, I still train, & I promise you I haven't lost my touch at all just because I moved. Also I've been in Florida for only one month. Don't forget in Injustice I primarily got good & had tremendous success on my own without any sponsors.

I'll tell you all this. Next week I can resume my full training regiment once I get paid & buy myself a copy of the game.
Really great to hear from you Saltface, was a terrible blow to many stream viewers when you left as there is no doubt you are a stream hero! Hope to see you around in some event someday.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I never really like when people speak for me. So here is my current situation. Yes I have moved to Florida, yes I can't play as much as I used to, & yes things have changed in the game.

Also to answer any Mileena questions on this tier placing. I fully agree with the Mid Tier placement but that is the farthest I will go on it. She can win but has to work hard especially vs the Top Tier.

My early in the game life assessment still holds true. "Fair character in an unfair game."

Now while you people debate on who you think is good or not I'll just keep leveling up & find my own ways to win.
I'm clearly not speaking for you. You yourself have stated numerous times that you're not actively playing as much as you were when you were at YOMI. How you managed to come to that conclusion I have no idea.

People have been asking me for months what my opinion is on where characters stand. It isn't my problem if people want to insult/have a go at me just because they don't like those opinions. If a character being even considered maybe "above average" is insultingly unrealistic for some people, then I don't know what to tell them.

SaltFace NS

Ultimate Mileena Exterminator
I'm clearly not speaking for you. You yourself have stated numerous times that you're not actively playing as much as you were when you were at YOMI. How you managed to come to that conclusion I have no idea.

People have been asking me for months what my opinion is on where characters stand. It isn't my problem if people want to insult/have a go at me just because they don't like those opinions. If a character being even considered maybe "above average" is insultingly unrealistic for some people, then I don't know what to tell them.
Then just ignore them bro. There is a reason I don't post on this site much at all.

Also I said I would take a temporary break but I would return one day. Life comes first before gaming.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I play all varations, mostly Metallic.

(Talking specifically about Lava Skin)

Metallic Tremor is the least meter dependant variation, have between upper 20s to mid 40s in damage while restanding.

Also a safe low launcher, able to utilize his flash parry more since he doesn't need his meter for anything else and insane meter building.

Everyone is still talking about Aftershock (understandable, it's very good) but I'm of the opinion Metallic is his best. Unpopular opinion but there it is.

You MAY need Aftershock or Crystalline for certain MUs, I.E. zoners, (I haven't explored all MUs yet) but honestly you can't go wrong with any of them.
Thanks for the breakdown! I'm digging crystalline but I'll look into it.