What's new

MKX Tier List Presented by YOMI (Rv1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I don't know much about Tanya, but I wonder if she really loses just because she can't jump around like an idiot?
See I used to feel that way. If your character depends on aerial shenanigans at the core, chances are your character doesn't have a good time against Scorpion.

But after seeing MIT's Kobu Tanya, I'm not so sure... it might just be that Tanya players are yet to be conditioned to explore her general neutral/ground game lol.

This type of stuff is why the MK community is trash sometimes. Sooooo many tier lists where people just vaguely describe why their top few characters are where they are and then just a bunch of random placings for the rest of the cast.

People need to stop with this. There are just not enough people playing this game to afford to bury a character like Ferra/Torr (Just an example) to shit tier. Especially with how competitive this community is. With everyone wanting to be a pro-level tourney player. Think about a brand new player to this game wanting to get good enough to win a tournament. They see this topic from a Yomi (Very respected group) player and take it as fact. Why would they ever bother wasting time with Ferra/Torr?

Basically what im saying is that we all know some characters are drastically under-explored compared to others at this point and these lists only turn people off from trying to explore them more and change that.
If a new player gets dissuaded by a tier-list they probably didn't have the constitution to end up being a top level tourney player. It's actually a good thing to have lists like this because it could keep average people from being discouraged when losing because they picked a sh*t character that seemed good

I mostly agree with this list. Mileena being above Kitana is just silly to me. Thank you for placing Kenshi and Shinnok so high and kung jin so low. Also thanks for ignoring the variation system.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
As every tier list,this could not be an exception, this is why it is funny.kotal bottom 5,if Cassie has footsies then what Erron has?before Tanya,who won sonic from the yomi team?please you do not have to post a tier list,if it is a joke,then don't.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
This list seems pretty lazily thrown out there, especially after the top 10: all ninjas directly next to each other but Scorpion is the worst out of all of them?

I also hope that Reptile's placement isn't based off of that "optimal" play we saw from him in grand finals. Can we get some more explanations for these please rather than just throwing out numbers?

coolwhip

Noob
When you lose you can also change character, not just variation, hence the variations might as well be treated as separate characters.

If you could change variations when winning (like how in Marvel you can change assists or how in SF you can change ultras) then it would be pertinent to treat each character as one slot on the tier list.

Maybe like if opponent changes variation you can't change but if they change character you can change variation before they select their new character's variation?
Tournament rules don't determine whether a variation is a character. A variation is a variation and a character is a character, consisting of 3 variations. You can't change variations after winning because it risks putting the loser at a huge handicap and it would be a silly tournament rule within the context of this game, not because variations are considered characters of their own on the tier list. Yes, variations play different, sometimes significantly so, hence the winner can't change, but when making a tier list, a character is a character. If you change a character after a loss, then you've changed a character. If you change a variation, then you've changed a variation. Not sure why it needs to be overcomplicated.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
I readily acknowledge that he YOMI guys know the game much better than I do but I am baffled by the placements of Scorpion, Kano, Erron Black, and Kenshi. Did the hellfire nerfs really hurt Scorpion that much (he did get Ninjutsu buffs...)? Do any of them even play Kano (I suspect no)?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Scorpion's placement is definitely a huge knee jerk after the nerfs since he is still really strong and Ninjutsu got extremely dumb to help make some MU's easier. I do not think that Tanya has 1 variation that gives Scorpion problems. That is the major thing that stands out to me.

1+.) Tanya Yep.
2.) Kung Lao +28 hat?
3.) Raiden If the only removed the option select with the OH...
4.) D'Vorah After the latest patch I think she's still very strong but her links some links are too tight to be performed consistently.
5.) Quan Chi
6.) Kenshi Is Kenshi this strong now?
7.) Cassie Cage
8.) Shinnok Didn't expect this.
9.) Jax
10.) Erron Black I expected to see him higher
11.) Sonya Blade
12.) Kung Jin Definitely much better than Ermac tho.
13.) Ermac
14.) Sub-Zero
15.) Scorpion
16.) Kano
17.) Johnny Cage
18.) Liu Kang Is he this low?
19.) Mileena
20.) Kitana
21.) Reptile
22.) Ferra/Torr
23.) Jason
24.) Kotal Kahn Is he this low?
25.) Jacqui Is she this weak
26.) Takeda
27.) Goro

My tier list (not in order) considering the strongest variation:

Nazi tier: Tanya;
S+: Kung Lao;
S: D'Vorah (?), Quan Chi, Raiden;
A+: Cassie, Jax, Erron Black (Marksman Variation);
A: Kung Jin, Liu Kang, Kenshi (might be higher), Sonya Blade;
A-: Scorpion (Hellfire is still strong), Shinnok (I'm probably wrong about this one);
B+: Sub zero, Ermac;
B: Johnny Cage, Kano, Reptile, Ferra/Thor, Kotal Khan;
B-: Mileena, Kitana(?? Idk after the patch), Jacqui (possibly B tier);
C+: Takeda;
C: Goro (?);

Last edited:

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper

1.) Tanya (most favorable match ups)
2.) Kung Lao (no losing match ups, best anti air, best jump attacks, etc.)
3.) Raiden (best corner carry, best corner vortex, safe 50/50s, etc.)
4.) D'Vorah (top footsies, no hurtbox on stingers, etc.)
5.) Quan Chi (best mix ups, best come back factor)
6.) Kenshi (unbreakable damage, meter gain, favorable match ups, etc.)
7.) Cassie Cage (best punisher, top footsies, etc.)
8.) Shinnok
9.) Jax
10.) Erron Black
11.) Sonya Blade
12.) Kung Jin
13.) Ermac
14.) Sub-Zero
15.) Scorpion
16.) Kano
17.) Johnny Cage
18.) Liu Kang
19.) Mileena
20.) Kitana
21.) Reptile
22.) Ferra/Torr
23.) Jason
24.) Kotal Kahn
25.) Jacqui
26.) Takeda
27.) Goro

Discuss.
KL is top 2? Huh... expecting laughs like when I said months ago that he was top 5 and I'm not seeing them. As in when he got tempest buffed.

I agree with this tier list but would change Kano and Liu Kang's placement between each other.

mattnin

Noob
Thanks for posting the list and great job at CEO by the way. It was exhilarating watching you and you're brother duke it out. You're both great. Makes me wish I had a brother like that who I could spar with at a high level and I bet you feel he helps you out greatly.

Also, thanks for being so honest about Kotal's placement. Yes, he can be played well and win, but he really does have shortcomings like his AA grab trading, and particularly his parry in blood and sun variations. While War God can be played well, he is just so punishable which has gotten worse since people are learning the matchup.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Scorpion's placement is definitely a huge knee jerk after the nerfs since he is still really strong and Ninjutsu got extremely dumb to help make some MU's easier. I do not think that Tanya has 1 variation that gives Scorpion problems. That is the major thing that stands out to me.
I agree with this assessment. Yes it will take time to re-establish Hellfire's pressure in a competitive environment, and it probably won't be seen at EVO, but it's still there. Coupled with Ninjutsu now being a legitimate back-up variation for some matchups. He's at least better than Ermac, maybe Sonya.

Tweedy

Noob
I'm not surprised that Erron Black is that low. I think Sonicfox's dominance and the low amount of effort it takes to get decent with him is deceiving. You don't see any other top players using Erron Black. If anything he should be lower IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.