What's new

MKX Tier List Presented by YOMI (Rv1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamShorteh

"Vengeance will be mine!"
The real tier list involves all variations.

I'm tired of lists that ignore the variation system. Just stop it!

The real question is how many times is Tanya in the top 5.
I agree completely Krayzie, lists like these where all variations are pooled don't really contribute a lot (if anything).
Tanya would be on number 1 and 2 in my opinion based on recent tournament performance.

EOTL

I don't even think there is any value in a straight numbering or in not mentioning variations.

Better would be:
Top tier Variations: Capable of winning the most stacked tourneys/EVO, no hard counters
High tier Variations: Capable of winning regionals, a handful of unfavourable matchups, possibly a hard counter or 2
Mid Tier Variations: Capable of winning locals, numerous soft/hard counters
Low Tier Variations: Completely unviable

coolwhip

Noob
The real tier list involves all variations.

I'm tired of lists that ignore the variation system. Just stop it!

The real question is how many times is Tanya in the top 5.
Why? Each variation shouldn't be looked at as its own character. If you've got a dominant variation but your other variations cover your bad match-ups, you're a great character. You don't need to rank each one separately, never mind the fact that it would be an absolute clusterfuck.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
M
Good list.

Does Ermac not have a comeback factor and mixups equal to Quan though?
Master of Souls Ermac, as you know, completely turds on Spectral and Mystic. That's why Ermac is lower than Quan in my opinion. Quan has two extremely solid variations and Ermac only has one

I don't even think there is any value in a straight numbering or in not mentioning variations.

Better would be:
Top tier Variations: Capable of winning the most stacked tourneys/EVO, no hard counters
High tier Variations: Capable of winning regionals, a handful of unfavourable matchups, possibly a hard counter or 2
Mid Tier Variations: Capable of winning locals, numerous soft/hard counters
Low Tier Variations: Completely unviable
I would be interested in a tier list which had the following format

X
Variation 1 - S/A/B/C Tier
Variation 2 - S/A/B/C Tier
Variation 3 - S/A/B/C Tier

Rean

Noob

Better would be:
that is a very flawed definition, because it implies other tiers cant win it.
in sf4 nobody had ever thought that Gen is able to win EVO, but Xian did

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
5.) Quan Chi (best mix ups, best come back factor)
9.) Jax
Cool.. when Yomi speaks I listen... but

Quan Chi... top 5? Really? No wake ups, no answer for getting stuck in the corner? That just seams a little odd to me, I do not have your skill but was this surprising to anyone else?

Also Jax? He seams extreamly strong. I mean Tyrant / ??? (That Wrestler Guy)... might be the only guy teching him, but fast normals poking though armour.. extreme corner combos and wall carries practically form the other side of the stage?

I dunno... Quan and Jax position sorta surprised me the most with this list. I would be interested in explanations form the better players.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Why? Each variation shouldn't be looked at as its own character. If you've got a dominant variation but your other variations cover your bad match-ups, you're a great character. You don't need to rank each one separately, never mind the fact that it would be an absolute clusterfuck.
But aren't variations looked at as separate characters in tournaments? If you win with C variation for example, you're stuck and you can't change to A or B. It doesn't matter if B is a better match-up against your opponent, you can't change.

If tournaments treat them as separate characters then I think tier lists should too. There's no point in bundling variations together and saying your other variations cover bad match-ups when that's useless in practice. Just my opinion.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
For me it feels more like this with no paricular order in the tiers:
S Tier:
Tanya (most favorable match ups)
Kung Lao (no losing match ups, best anti air, best jump attacks, etc.)
A+ Tier:
Raiden (best corner carry, best corner vortex, safe 50/50s, etc.)
D'Vorah (top footsies, no hurtbox on stingers, etc.)
Quan Chi (best mix ups, best come back factor)
Kenshi (unbreakable damage, meter gain, favorable match ups, etc.)
Cassie Cage (best punisher, top footsies, etc.)
Shinnok
Jax
Erron Black
A Tier:
Sonya Blade
Kung Jin
Ermac
A- Tier:
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Kano
Johnny Cage
Liu Kang
Mileena
Kitana
B+ tier:
Reptile
Ferra/Torr
Jason
Kotal Kahn
Jacqui
Takeda
Goro

Feels like every character is close to each other at his tier! even tiers are close to each other!
For example for me jax and goro are higher! because noone uses proper goro doesnt mean he isnt good.. @Metzos

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
But aren't variations looked at as separate characters in tournaments? If you win with C variation for example, you're stuck and you can't change to A or B. It doesn't matter if B is a better match-up against your opponent, you can't change.

If tournaments treat them as separate characters then I think tier lists should too, there's no point in bundling variations together and saying your other variations cover bad match-ups when that's useless in practice. Just my opinion.
That's why tournaments shouldn't lock variations Lol.

Eh... I changed my mind. I would be fine with a good ol' alphabetic tier list with the character being represented by the strongest variation, but at the same time his other variations are also discussed.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think Yomi should do a PodCast now and then like AvoidingThePuddle dose whwere they can discuss this kind of thing.. I am generally interested in the thinking behind this list.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Is Kung Lao REALLY better than Raiden or D'Vorah, or is it just because DJT bodies everyone with him?
Probably because it looks like he beats Tanya. That's why Shinnock and Kenshi are really high too IMO, although I personally think the Shinnock placing may be justified.

coolwhip

Noob

If tournaments treat them as separate characters then I think tier lists should too. There's no point in bundling variations together and saying your other variations cover bad match-ups when that's useless in practice. Just my opinion.
You can change when you lose. You stick to the same character, but change the variation. It's the whole point. Otherwise why would you even want to change variations?

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Cool.. when Yomi speaks I listen... but

Quan Chi... top 5? Really? No wake ups, no answer for getting stuck in the corner? That just seams a little odd to me, I do not have your skill but was this surprising to anyone else?

Also Jax? He seams extreamly strong. I mean Tyrant / ??? (That Wrestler Guy)... might be the only guy teching him, but fast normals poking though armour.. extreme corner combos and wall carries practically form the other side of the stage?

I dunno... Quan and Jax position sorta surprised me the most with this list. I would be interested in explanations form the better players.
Quan with no variation would still be a top character, all the variation system does for him is sprinkle some extra bullshit on top of his regular bullshit.

Warlock is a good variation as well, use that if you're the sorta player that wants to mash reversals on wakeup. Boom.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
You can change when you lose. You stick to the same character, but change the variation. It's the whole point. Otherwise why would you even want to change variations?
When you lose you can also change character, not just variation, hence the variations might as well be treated as separate characters.

If you could change variations when winning (like how in Marvel you can change assists or how in SF you can change ultras) then it would be pertinent to treat each character as one slot on the tier list.

Maybe like if opponent changes variation you can't change but if they change character you can change variation before they select their new character's variation?

Status
Not open for further replies.