What's new

MKX Patch Notes 9-21-15

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
All of @NoonOnyx and @Second Saint work though :(
Nah man, don't you get it? This means that next time I'm bored I get to figure it out again. Random hypothesis of what they did before looking at it: they probably reduced the rate at which Bonus damage stacked up from .5 to .33 or .25.

I'm on PC, so I might not be able to do it myself for little while. Really depends on NRS.

On the bright side, Shinnok's b3 now auto faces correctly! I've been to one tournament ever, and in the match I was eliminated in, b3 went the wrong way three times after a scoop, literally every time I went for it. Such a cluster fuck :/

delbuster

hungry
in the corner, full auto jacqui 1212 up rocket whiffs on females stance specific, and she can't combo 11 after it vs females either the 50% times it does hit. (it works on males)
any chance this could be fixed?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Reduced takedas ronin frames by 1 and 3. What were they before? How plus? Anyone know
I may be wrong since they changed the cancel advantage and not block advantage but it basically removes Ronin's b21 2+4 blade drop f1 2+4 quick kall pseudo infinite.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
least she has to use resources to jail, im fine with that, seems fair
i don't think it's the end of the world, it just makes options unsafe and less useful. you just have to change how she uses the plus frames. it sucks, but it's manageable

the big issue was that we do b2~uprocket without meter to give us pressure on block. otherwise we have to commit to something unsafe or just get 8% on hit. now you have to respect them on block since you can't even beat out pokes (though you can bait and whiff punish, as hard as that is vs some pokes with her). so the reward for b2 on either block or hit now isn't that great. it was pretty good as it was, but i just saw it as compensatory for her fundamental weaknesses

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Hmm thought this patch was going to be bigger, like i had this glitch like 2 days ago where all of my souls disappeared in master of souls for the whole match i was like (wtf!). Lucky the guy was shit and i won lol.

chores

bad at things
ur actually both incorrect. the move is quite a bit faster and the armor was getting turned off after the startup frames like most moves making it a really small window to armor anything. the armor was increased to be alittle easier to use.

do any of you guys like actually use things or just rant about them?
i understand the change but to me it is still a nerf although it is surely subjective.

to me EX BUFF has to do better than that to offset the -15% health or -7% health + loss of oki -- cant think of any situation where i wouldnt just use ex kanoball and take a 30% combo except to end a round. before the nerf it was 45% in scenarios where otherwise kano might get nothing. perfect example johnny's wakeup ex nutpunch.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Really sucks for Jacqui mains.

How significant were Reptile changes?
FIxed a bug of starts and gave him a buff.

Remember MIT playing Reptile and his invisibility didn't "work"? That was because he actually got a forceball stop instead. This aims to prevent that from happening.

Kevin 7

The bad boy scout
Weren't we told that this was supposed to be bug fixes not another balance patch? Weren't we also told that we would play the last patch "a while" before the next one?