What's new

MKX NOTES.... REVEALED!

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Hey guys. Just an Update... Just submitted to App store for approval and automatic release. Heres hoping to mid of next week! But up to them.

Android should be another two weeks but we are working on it.

The Celebrity

Professional Googler
@G4S Claude VonStroke

First off; awesome job on this! It looks great. Secondly, I was planning on making a web app similar to what you have here. There's no API for MKX frame data or anything, so did you just seed all that data individually into a database? Any way you could save me time and provide me with the data you used? Or if you want we could partner on something similar. Not sure.. if you have any ideas let me know, I'd love to help out. I've been a senior developer for 3 years with 5+ years total development experience.

Also what plans do you have on maintenance? Since every patch you'll have to rollout new frame data which is kind of annoying.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
@G4S Claude VonStroke

First off; awesome job on this! It looks great. Secondly, I was planning on making a web app similar to what you have here. There's no API for MKX frame data or anything, so did you just seed all that data individually into a database? Any way you could save me time and provide me with the data you used? Or if you want we could partner on something similar. Not sure.. if you have any ideas let me know, I'd love to help out. I've been a senior developer for 3 years with 5+ years total development experience.

Also what plans do you have on maintenance? Since every patch you'll have to rollout new frame data which is kind of annoying.
The data was provided by www.mkxframedata.com and we are planning on using that in the future or any other excel data we can to update the app. Thanks! Glad you like the app.

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Genius! Only if you could have the frame data with colors (minus on block or hit with red, plus on block or hit with green and yellow for zero). Then even High hitting moves an normals in red, mids in green, lows in blue and yellow for overheads. That would make the App a Bible!
Will look into this monday. Thanks!

E

Eldriken

When this comes out for Androids, I'm pretty sure I know what my most common note will be: "STOP. DOING. STUPID. SHIT."

Looking forward to getting this. Thanks for the work you put into it, Claude.

i can see why some people would like something like this.. but it isn't my thing.

Technology just complicates things. I can not be stuff learning how to use complex app. People joked about notpad.. but yeah.. a normal notbook is fine for me. For every time saving "trick" these kinds of apps give you you loose time by having to jump through all the hoops the app forces on you and the learning time to work out how the programmers expect you to think. People become more concerned with using the app and entering the data than reading it.

Meh...

Although I could never get this deep with a fighting game. It's a dope application and extremely useful.

Is there anything like this for Street Fighter and/or other fighting games?