What's new

Combo List - Kung Lao MKX Kung Lao All variations BnB Guide

Houndovhell

Subby-Z is my Main Man, the Man that I Main
Does anyone know the 20% air to air conversion foxy was puling off tonight? I can't catch the replay but it was soooo sick
I don't know exactly what he was doing, but i'm getting 19% off of 11~spin, jik~divekick, 23% off of 4~spin jik~divekick, and 26% off of b321~spin, jik~divekick, and the easiest - 21% off of 11~spin, jik~dive kick, 21 for hard ass knockdown :p

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
I don't know exactly what he was doing, but i'm getting 19% off of 11~spin, jik~divekick, 23% off of 4~spin jik~divekick, and 26% off of b321~spin, jik~divekick, and the easiest - 21% off of 11~spin, jik~dive kick, 21 for hard ass knockdown :p
It wasn't an anti air it was off a ji1 in air, I'll mess around with it and post the notation later

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
off of j1 air to air, Im messing with some combos.. j1 run f2 xx df1 j3 dk j3 dk (24%)

I'm also doing this in tempest, and i landed 27% off of j1 run f2 xx db1 b32 xx df1 j3 dk

edit: 31% for double j3 dk on that tempest combo

double edit: Imma keep those first combos posted just because, but I just realized f1 does more damage then f2.. so you can swap those out. Not sure if f2 is more consistent because it pushes Lao forward more, but yeah.

j1 run f1 xx db1 b32 xx df1 j3 dk j3 dk (32%)

in the corner: j1 f1 xx db1 b321 xx df1 j3 dk j3 dk (35%)

Last edited:
The BnBs that IDJ was using in the yomi grand finals, those seem different than the ones in the OP of this thread:

Can anyone help break down what they were? It didn't look like he was using run cancel combos mid screen (maybe I'm just not seeing it?), but the OP in this thread has all run cancel combos for tempest mid screen. Help a noob out!

Houndovhell

Kung Lao conversion is op xD this is the first game that I've liked him :p I usually stick to simple to execute stuff, but even with that you can still get 24% off an AA jip1 that hits from any level off the ground. Kung lao? More like Kung WOW

Byites

Wilson
The BnBs that IDJ was using in the yomi grand finals, those seem different than the ones in the OP of this thread:

Can anyone help break down what they were? It didn't look like he was using run cancel combos mid screen (maybe I'm just not seeing it?), but the OP in this thread has all run cancel combos for tempest mid screen. Help a noob out!
Arguably the worst commentators in fgc history

The best air to air into divekick combo I have is: air to air , divekick, b32 spin, 21 = 22%. If you want the hard knockdown you can end the combo with b321 instead of 21 for 24%. Foxy's combo does 20% and requires stamina.

Tweedy

Noob
Big fan of the way this character plays. I didn't play MK9 until a couple years after release sadly, but when I did, Lao was probably my favorite character.

I like him on here too, I just can't seem to hit 11212 at all. My friend who is also pretty below average at this game couldn't do it either. Is there a certain special timing to it? I use an xbox one controller btw.

BLOOD CAPTAIN X

GT = SIR JAY LEGEND add me on XBL for matches
Big fan of the way this character plays. I didn't play MK9 until a couple years after release sadly, but when I did, Lao was probably my favorite character.

I like him on here too, I just can't seem to hit 11212 at all. My friend who is also pretty below average at this game couldn't do it either. Is there a certain special timing to it? I use an xbox one controller btw.

Press 11 and then slide your thumb to 212 quickly before the 11 animation ends and you'll get it everytime.

Houndovhell

It should look like this - "1*release*1*slide*2*release*1*slide*2" if that makes sense. spend a bit in practice mode and be patient. usually after a good nights sleep its muscle memory.

Is there any trick to making the hat spin 44 land easier? It seems like there is only a 1 frame gap to actually get it to land.

I'm on xbox, using the awful controller. Would by why?

Uncooked

Noob
Is there any trick to making the hat spin 44 land easier? It seems like there is only a 1 frame gap to actually get it to land.

I'm on xbox, using the awful controller. Would by why?
It's a 2 frame link if memory serves correctly. Developing a rhythm is the only way that I've been able to land it somewhat consistently. Once I've got a general rhythm down I practice it again and again and after that muscle memory should serve you well. I believe somebody was talking about a visual cue that they use, but I don't know what to watch.

Last edited:
It's a 2 frame link if memory serves correctly. Developing a rhythm is the only way that I've been able to land it somewhat consistently. Once I've got a general rhythm down I practice it again and again and after that muscle memory should serve you well. I believe somebody was talking about a visual cue that they use, but I don't know what to watch.
Damn, are you able to get the combo reliably? Seems reaalllyyy easy to drop.

Wasted

Noob

B321 Hat Spin, B321 Spin -> continue as you want

I'm having trouble timing the jk-dk after th njp. It's about 50/50 whether or not I'll land close enough after the dk to be able to land the 21 ender.
The best way to land this combo consistently is ex spin NJP, run jk dk, 21. Otherwise the 21 will whiff sometimes.

Kung Lmao

The Great Kung Lmao of Rofl Land
I love to use this move a lot (44% 1 meter): JP 44, Run B321 Spin, Jk-Dk, {at corner} F21 Ex Spin, NJP, 4 Spin

This combo requires you to reach a corner, so if you don't reach a corner you can end it safely with F2 Spin.