What's new

MKX Hotfix 6-1-15

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Yeah in a different thread i realized this affected all raidens. I always forget TG raiden a bunch of different strings. I liked to f1xxTrap in MoS but now that's just asking for an uppercut. Worse part is that NRS could've nerfed f12 and leave f1 where it's at.
My sentiments exactly this coupled with the already lackluster low string in the other variations will make for interesting developments in the future. Either way this isn't the last patch a lot of character specific variation tweaks will happen one day and that's what I'm really waiting for.

FoolishProphet

Still waiting for Jade :\
My main Kotal getting those buffs just made my night,I just got out of the lab and kotal is a beast he now feels solid across all variations.Can't wait to dominate with Blood God and Sun God.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
How confident are we that this list is everything? So only 6 characters got touched? Or is this list incomplete?

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Got to say I really don't like the Raiden nerf. If the issue was frame traps just make the string more negative (even though you could already punish the string with back throw). But now displacer and master of storms have to suffer because people just refuse dig deeper into the surface of this game.
Has a broken move in 1 variation

Plays the other 2 (or says so) who don't use it that much. To find something new, to bring the change or whatever

Doesn't like the nerf

I remember Quan Chi say something that might fit here
"An imposter" (search his quotes and find the rest)

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
Has a broken move in 1 variation

Plays the other 2 (or says so) who don't use it that much. To find something new, to bring the change or whatever

Doesn't like the nerf

I remember Quan Chi say something that might fit here
"An imposter" (search his quotes and find the rest)
You're kidding right? The move was punishable by back throw but that's not the point. Second of all whatever nerfs happen I was just suggesting instead of punishing the other variations for a TG specific string why not implement a nerf targeting the safety of the move instead of the property. Its cool though, people love to speak of things they know nothing about.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
You're kidding right? The move was punishable by back throw but that's not the point. Second of all whatever nerfs happen I was just suggesting instead of punishing the other variations for a TG specific string why not implement a nerf targeting the safety of the move instead of the property. Its cool though, people love to speak of things they know nothing about.
You do know Hidan plays against Nivek, the best/second best Raiden right now 3-4 times a week, right?

Jb879212

40 Percent Punish
You do know Hidan plays against Nivek, the best/second best Raiden right now 3-4 times a week, right?
Doesn't matter. He took a shot for no reason. I don't think that raiden shouldn't get nerfed I just think the other variations shouldn't be hindered for a frame bullying string that couldn't even be utilized by the others

after reading it again, everything they did sounds pretty reasonable. cant judge how much displacer and MoS got hurt though. kotal kahn for sure came out like a boss, people will no longer be able sleep on blood and sun god. im happy about the jaqui change, cant wait to try it out. erron got just what he needed, might be ok now, and im curious how much kitana changed. overall sounds like a good balance patch. sadly it seems like option selects are gonna stay in the game and KLs meter building glitch is still there.

Hidan

Where the hell is Reiko's wheel kick
Ironically, as you don't play TG, it's you who knows nothing about this character
1) you would realize that there was and still is literally no point in playing anything else than TG
2) There is no such thing as punishable by throw in TG's arsenal
3)6 frame normal which hits ppl from crouching to cross up state, has to change however you look at it

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
Why are people talking about MoS and Displacer getting nerfed? they don't even have that string.

seems like a fair patch overall maybe a tad overboard on the kenshi changes