What's new

MKX Fight Pad, Stick, Or Controller?

Will you be using a fight pad, stick, or controller for MKX?

• Total voters

_Paddy4C4_

Professional Role Model
Discussion thread on how people will play MKX with the positives, negatives, layouts, etc.

reptar

Noob
I've been debating this for weeks. Picked up a PS4 controller just to try it out and I'm leaning towards using that. I typically play SF2 and only use a fight stick but that game is designed with arcade in mind.. MK not so much. Some pros/cons that I've found between stick and pad:

stick
-more precision with dashing/better precision overall
-more used to using a fight stick in general
-NetherRealm games seem kind of awkward on a stick.. too many buttons or button combinations, and I cant find a layout that feels right

pad
-comfy
-layout seems well-suited to MK
-easier to do instant air moves

LordxMugen

FIGHTAN GAHMS!!!
i want to do stick on this, but i know pad or hitbox will always be better in a Realm game cause of negative edge or cause of the awkwardness of the controls on stick.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
The ps4 controller for now. It feels good in the hands and the d-pad seems nice.

William23

PSN: Kingj2207 add me
PS4 controller but I'm thinking about getting a pad. MK has never felt right to me on stick.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Ps4 controller, feels pretty perfect to me, don't know if i should bother with the PDP pad.

Czar

Kotal Kahn of New Orleans
I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro Kai coming in that I'll be using. I have the PDP Mortal Kombat Klassic stick too so I may give that a shot but I'm most likely gonna sell it.

_Paddy4C4_

Professional Role Model
I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro Kai coming in that I'll be using. I have the PDP Mortal Kombat Klassic stick too so I may give that a shot but I'm most likely gonna sell it.
I was thinking of trying out the MKX pad just to see how it works out and all but instead of the MK one i would try out the Hori version of it that is also a little bit cheaper.
http://www.amazon.com/HORI-Fighting-Commander-Controller-PlayStation-4/dp/B00TKLFES8/ref=sr_1_6?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1428337589&sr=1-6&keywords=hori+fight+pad

Czar

Kotal Kahn of New Orleans

Neclord

Noob
I imported a Hori HRAP V5 a few weeks ago for a lot of money.

I will use it til I look like Shang Tsung.