What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

big j gleez

Mains: Not Sure Right Now ...
There is almost no input delay. The skipping is bad though as many others have said. When it doesn't skip blocking and reacting is a breeze.

I find most skipping occurs in the neutral game when characters run in or move quickly. Scorpions B2... forgetaboutit.... That thing is like an instant teleport sometimes lol.

Like @Eldriken said though, the beta is serving it's purpose. I feel once this stuff gets ironed out it will be much better.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
if i get my PS4 code ill give it to someone on here

just let me know if you need a PS4 BETA CODE cuz i sold my PS4 and i allready got the XB1 Code and am using XB1 right now

both my PS4 and XB1 are on the same email so the odds should be high.

themanDan

The saw is family
if i get my PS4 code ill give it to someone on here

just let me know if you need a PS4 BETA CODE cuz i sold my PS4 and i allready got the XB1 Code and am using XB1 right now

both my PS4 and XB1 are on the same email so the odds should be high.
Put me at the top of the list plssss :)

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I refreshed my browser all day on Tuesday waiting for sign up to go live. I registered the moment that shit went up and I still have no code. Do they just do this at random? This blows.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
So far everything has been great. There have been a few hiccups in some matches that have had bad connections to each other but overall there was 0 input delay. The hard part is going from seeing what you normally see to things jumping around and being sporadic but easily adaptable. I honestly give this beta a 9 out of 10. Once they legit solve the problems in this beta I think our new netcode is going to be amazing.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
OH MY GOD, this new netcode feels soooooooo good. I'm never touching the old online mode again.

Of course I get some frame skips here and there, some pokes end up feeling like they have only 2 or 3 frames of startup, but this is just the very first day of the beta, and I'm sure it'll improve a lot!

Playing US peeps all the way from South America? With minimal delay? JESUS, IT FEELS SO GOOD. I had matches with 200ms and I still could land all my combos and react to the stuff opponent was doing, it was amazing! I gotta play some sets with some of you TYMers so we can see how it goes!

MadeOfMetal

gg's @GGA N1k0lasss

im sure you were not using your main.. as i wasnt.. i hope they drop some new characters on there soon.. so i can really get into it..

the netcode feels awesome compared to Input Delay method they currently use;)

hope to see you in their again

MY XB1 premeire DVR is messing up, i cant get videos longer than 30 seconds... does anyone know how to record them longer than that?

here is what i could get of me and GGA N1k0lasssit was a back and forth set of 3.

i recorded them like 6 times, but only one went through.. i dont get it but what ev.. maybe someone can help me with the new dashboard DVR

here is the link:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9718557AE092D87F!760&authkey=!AJF4coBX_N-ajLs&ithint=video,mp4

you can see the jitter or screen flicker.. it usually happens on, subs slide. his B2 scorpions F2 and tele... running. and most projectiles..

but all in all.. this netcode is 1000X's better than the old

Last edited:

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
Gotta say..the overall feel is great when it comes to inputs it feels like offline. Every game I played though has that frame skipping issue. Along with some hits confirming but then not doing damage or it does damage but they don't react to it. But it is definitely a step in the right direction! Thank you NRS!

MadeOfMetal

I read this all the time. Can someone explain to me what online Mileena shenanigans are? I would like to know so I can win more.
they are talking about her roll.... normally in footsie game, when its your move after they d4 you she can roll imidiatewly after being blocked... and since the normal netcode on regular MKX.... is god awful, they cant react to an 8 frame move. with input delay being a factor in the normal client since the input delay is greater amount of frames than her 8 frame roll in bad connections

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
they are talking about her roll.... normally in footsie game, when its your move after they d4 you she can roll imidiatewly after being blocked... and since the normal netcode on regular MKX.... is god awful, they cant react to an 8 frame move. with input delay being a factor in the normal client since the input delay is greater amount of frames than her 8 frame roll in bad connections
Ummm... What!?
Ball roll isn't reactable even offline :S
Iirc the average reactable move is 19 frames.

MadeOfMetal

Ummm... What!?
Ball roll isn't reactable even offline :S
Iirc the average reactable move is 19 frames.
yes what you said is correct!

i know noone can react to an 8 frame move let alone an 18 frame move.. but full screen we can react to her 8 frame move and sometimes mid screen...

and what i was talking about there.. was a prediction reaction.. when you know they are gonna roll.. cuz they do it all match long.. but your inputs are delayed, so letting off the down on dpad doesnt let you block her EX roll due to input lag.. i should have added more in the original post i guess.

didnt expect to be debated really but i guess so.. i figured everyone understood

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
yes i know noone can react to an 8 frame move let alone an 18 frame move.. but full screen we can react to her 8 frame move and sometimes mid screen...

and what i was talking about there.. was a prediction reaction.. when you know they are gonna roll.. cuz they do it all match long.. but your inputs are delayed, so letting off the down on dpad doesnt let you block her EX roll due to input lag.. i should have added more in the original post i guess.

didnt expect to be debated really but i guess so.. i figured everyone understood
Oh... Well only bad Mileenas do yolo roll/telekick and stuff like that. I agree that those bad Mileena players will definitely get exposed, but there are Mileena players who play the character correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.