What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelSchokoladenSaft

Can of Corn Main
Can someone tell me where you can check to see if you played for an hour online?
I'm at 47 minutes and 36 seconds.
I played 12 matches and it didn't move up a second.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Well, I get why they want it to cost resources to do it, so you can't just break for free. But the idea is to not be put at too much of a disadvantage when you break when you're already at one. Breaking in its current form can give too much of an offensive opportunity to the other player when it's supposed to give you a second chance.
I'm kinda on the fence as well. I mean if they were going for balancing it out wouldn't it have been better for both to keep stamina than both lose it? So all chars keep resources rather than some are limited and some are the same?

For example, Jacqui can land a combo but it's kinda an indirect nerf because she needs stamina for her optimal BnB's. Her entire combo mixup game revolves around stamina in Shotgun (like you probably know my secondary char in this game), while some other characters can do their optimal no stamina BnB's like nothing happened. So it feels like "hey I combo'd you and you broke it, but now I'm limited and you have access to a bunch of stuff, and when I break you it's the same also" against certain chars.

Obviously I'm gonna run through it like everyone else, but it seems like it benefits some chars a lot more than others post-break from first impression unless I'm looking at it wrong.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Someone pick Fisticuffs and save me the suspense...something new with the speedbag or the fistbump??

haketh

Noob
I'm kinda on the fence as well. I mean if they were going for balancing it out wouldn't it have been better for both to keep stamina than both lose it? So all chars keep resources rather than some are limited and some are the same?

For example, Jacqui can land a combo but it's kinda an indirect nerf because she needs stamina for her optimal BnB's. Her entire combo mixup game revolves around stamina in Shotgun (like you probably know my secondary char in this game), while some other characters can do their optimal no stamina BnB's like nothing happened. So it feels like "hey I combo'd you and you broke it, but now I'm limited and you have access to a bunch of stuff, and when I break you it's the same also" against certain chars.

Obviously I'm gonna run through it like everyone else, but it seems like it benefits some chars a lot more than others post-break from first impression unless I'm looking at it wrong.
I'm just wondering why not reduce the freeze time on the person who breaks instead of this stamina change

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Scorpian is broke now. f+2 mixed up with f+2~takedown. It's like fighting Doomsday.
I don't have frame data accessible to me at the moment but don't alot of characters have this option already?
Reptile does. F4,2 slide.
Subzero. B2 slide
Ferra/torr overhead starter low toss
Erron does. " "
Takeda does with shuriken.
Mileena (piercing) OH low sai
I'm sure there's more.

What makes scorpions broken?

Goat-City

Banned

Breakers have to cost the user stamina to help balance the run feature and anything else that costs stamina. If you know you need stamina to break, then you'll be less likely to be running from full screen or using interactables so you'll have that stamina to break. It's a nice addition to the meta that helps zoning out and keeps the game marginally slower than it would be if breakers didn't cost stamina. The fact that both players lose stamina now makes it even better. Slows the game down even more and zoning gets a much needed improvement. Now we need block breakers to cost 1 bar and cost both players all their stamina.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
People are justifying the post breaker stamina change for all the wrong reasons.
After a combo breaker, frame wise, you and the opponent are left at NEUTRAL.
People saying generally weak reasoning like "After I break, they can just run in and pressure me again!!1!
Yeah. Only If you fail to defend yourself with your normals or play footsies without running. Come on now. IMO, just get good.
I may have bias for this, playing characters like Kung Jin and Jax, with great long range normals, but I genuinely take pride in stopping people from running at me after a breaker, by reacting to their run or jump with one of my attacks. This is too big of a change, imo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.