What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Goro doesn't care for stamina. His run's shit, interactables don't do much for him - only use is Breaker.

And I'm sure he's not the only one.
A run, even for just a few frames, is still a massive boost in the range of Goro's Forward 3. For both combos and approach or fake approach, it's important.

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
They're saying stamina is regenerating in 5 seconds, which is cool and sounds like a good change. But the reward for landing a hit with Jacqui and getting broken I don't see. What I'm getting at is say I'm using my SG Jacqui vs Quan Chi right? Already a tough fight as is, but I land a hit and he breaks. Now I have no stamina and he doesn't need any to uber zone me or attempt vortex on hit, but if I hit him I'm doing nada damage. On the flip side, if I combo break him I'm in the same scenario. So no matter who breaks at any point of this MU I'm always in a disadvantageous position post-break.

On paper this is what I'm seeing. It's way too early to jump to conclusions and I'm willing to see how I'm wrong about that above, but this is my initial impression on the change.
But jaqui has fair reaching specials and some normals right?
I know I hear about jaqui's t Rex arms but I've fought the computer a good 100 times on very hard and it never has a problem reaching me. You got some sort of a dash and shotgun low o.o

I could be wrong. Tell me if I am.

Wait, isn't B33-Ice Ball supposed to confirm on Females? Jacqui shouldn't have been able to Block that. Was that a Lag thing? Or is this a Nerf? If so, it seems rather than making the change to confirm on males NRS went the opposite direction.

Mortal Komhat

Worst Well-Established Goro Player Ever
A run, even for just a few frames, is still a massive boost in the range of Goro's Forward 3. For both combos and approach or fake approach, it's important.
Better off with a tap walk in all situations for the most part.

I understand your point - Just that I've never encountered a situation where a tap walk wasn't superior to a run.

JDM

Noob
Wait, isn't B33-Ice Ball supposed to confirm on Females? Jacqui shouldn't have been able to Block that. Was that a Lag thing? Or is this a Nerf? If so, it seems rather than making the change to confirm on males NRS went the opposite direction.

I think max range it doesn't work regardless right?

themanDan

The saw is family
Just checking up, is anyone in the beta on ps4 yet?

Edit: Just got to the last page, about 3 people asking the same question, I guess I know the answer now lol.

How's the connection looking?

Last edited:

Goat-City

Banned
They're saying stamina is regenerating in 5 seconds, which is cool and sounds like a good change. But the reward for landing a hit with Jacqui and getting broken I don't see. What I'm getting at is say I'm using my SG Jacqui vs Quan Chi right? Already a tough fight as is, but I land a hit and he breaks. Now I have no stamina and he doesn't need any to uber zone me or attempt vortex on hit, but if I hit him I'm doing nada damage. On the flip side, if I combo break him I'm in the same scenario. So no matter who breaks at any point of this MU I'm always in a disadvantageous position post-break.

On paper this is what I'm seeing. It's way too early to jump to conclusions and I'm willing to see how I'm wrong about that above, but this is my initial impression on the change.
Right, these are just your first impressions, I get that. If the Quan player is full screen and you both have no stamina, you will not even get the opportunity to combo him before your stamina replenishes, so you don't need to worry about doing no damage anymore than you normally would from full screen, especially vs such a strong zoning character. Of course, Summoner needs to be significantly nerfed anyways. It's true that you would have the disadvantage in such a scenario, but that would just mean that Jacqui would need to be balanced with that fact in mind. It doesn't mean that this change is a bad idea, because I think I've given enough reasons why it's most likely a great change. And many characters in the game need plenty of stamina for combos or some aspect of their offense like run cancels or teleports that require stamina.

Status
Not open for further replies.