What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did everyone get a code? Haven't seen anyone ask for one for several days. I signed up day 1 but still haven't got one yet. Anyone got a PS4 code or got an email I can send request to?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
So is there a reason that the invincibility eats up the damage buff while Cassie has a shroud on her from Pyro Tanya?

Example Cassie has shroud on her, Tanya does b3,1,2 Cassie Ex nut punches the gap between 1,2. Tanya's 2 hits Cassie but the invincibility eats the damage buff damage from shroud but takes no damage and the damage buff disappears as well.

Is this suppose to be intended even though Tanya didn't technically hit Cassie?

Cassie's invincibility doesn't remove her from the playing field, it makes her not take damage or react but things still hit her. Tanya's Shroud goes away on hit or block so it still counts as connecting.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I would think that it's so minimal you barely notice though, like Tekken's. I play 100% offline until this beta, and while I can feel "a" difference, it's so small that it doesn't effect anything for me. I can consistently do right combos, punish tight frames, etc, with no problem.
Well it all depends on the ping. Anything over 100 starts to feel more significant imo. I even note a difference under 100. Things like scorpions run cancel into 21 spear juggle are harder to do than they were in the previous beta.

When you have a fluctuating delay based on ping you have to constantly readjust your timing. I feel giving the player the choice to set the frames is a win for everybody. You can keep a consistent timing and can set the delay to your preferred level without affecting anyone else.

Gengar

Hypnosis > Dreameater (its a reset)
For everyone freaking out about the command grab changes, command grabs worked like this at launch and were quickly removed.

per the 4/18 patch notes: http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Latest-Updates/4-18-patch-Gameplay-notes/ba-p/467775

4/18 Gameplay notes

General - Throws (regular or command grabs) Will no longer connect on a grounded reacting opponent off a counter hit

alot of these changes have been rollbacks, like making scorps f2 overhead again like it was prelaunch. this may also exist due to that and later be removed just like it was at launch. Just be wary.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Ah ok. I know when we played that set I had like 0 issues. It was like super smooth lol. I've heard a few people say their games don't play too well sometimes but I've yet to experience it outside of random one time deals.
It wasn't a big deal, honestly. I got annoyed by it, but it's w/e lol. As long as we can adjust it eventually, I'm not gonna bug. The delay's significantly less than normal anyway, so I can't complain.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Cassie's invincibility doesn't remove her from the playing field, it makes her not take damage or react but things still hit her. Tanya's Shroud goes away on hit or block so it still counts as connecting.
That seems like an oversight in character design for Pyro. Considering her damage buff is unique to being only activated once off a single string with a gap in it or unsafe specials.

But if it's intended so be it.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
Loving the beta so far. Main part I love is that I'm getting matched up with some beasts in the MK community so my trashy self can learn a match up from a higher level player and enjoy the buffs from Mileena. Played a friend on the old code yesterday and it was horrible. If the beta had a training mode I wouldn't even touch my disc
I personally just play the Disc to learn new characters and practice for training, and just play the beta for online. I can't go back to that old netcode after playing the new one.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
i guess i shouldnt have told them 8 days wait was poor customer service
:DOGE
i guess i shouldnt have told them 8 days wait was poor customer service
:DOGE
Lol na man I was beginning to get a little irritated myself. I was ok with it at first, but when I saw that some people somehow had multiple codes I was getting kind of salty so yesterday I decided I was going to check my alt email one last time and it just happened to be there

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
So did everyone get codes now with this round of betas? Seems like it was a give out to all that registered as a whole.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I got my first time out ever since the history of MKX yesterday. Gosh I love that change so much. When you play lame/smart neutral it actually facilitates that happening finally <3.

I still haven't gotten a time out. Lmao holy shit you must be statue patient.

E

Eldriken

I will be tomorrow. I have to be to work in a half hour. I have tomorrow off though.
Awesome. Did you get a code e-mailed to you or did you get it from Linkuei?

Also, we'll definitely have to play when/if they add Kotal to the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.