What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
An NRS employee told me at Evo that they weren't allowed to reference anything to past Friday the 13th movies besides the remake, since all those past movies are owned by Paramount.
Really? His player 2 colors is literally a direct reference to the fifth movie, where this dude dressed up as Jason and killed people, but it isn't actually Jason. The blue stripes on the mask, and the blue he is wearing is a obvious nod to that movie. I guess its a little different then straight up saying a movie reference though.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
They also need to completely redo Kung Lao and Reptile's intro. The whole "I now have a quarrel with you" bit is so cringeworthy. @_@
No way! Not at all. That is one of the absolute best lines in the game. It's just so dry and hilariously perfect. I love it.

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Great intro NRS!
Maybe now WB can assist you in gaining the rights to J.Aniston's & C.Cox's voices and start remaking Friends lines for some more 90's nostalgia.

It's funny that i almost always get the same intros with Kitana vs Quan Chi (99% its's the "Are you angry with me?"), Jax ("No edenians allowed), Goro ("Go back into hiding"), Ermac ("We know you...") and many others that i can't remember right now. I thought they were suposed to be random.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I'm not a fan of the added automatic delay to compensate for rollback. It can change depending on connection and makes timing inconsistent between matches.

I really think it's important to give the player control over frame delay so that it can fir their preference. As of now we are stuck with an automatic system that can change on the fly.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
@colt There's no "finish him" after the match.
Same thing happened to me as well, 4 matches in a row. Here's some footage of it:

This happened in the last 4 fights of a very long set. We played around 13 matches (always using the "Rematch" option at the end of each game), so maybe that's the reason why it happened? I dunno.

kaseyk

Noob
had some weird stuff happen last night when i was playing .

against cassie her ex nutpunch seemed to have invincible frames happened several times after the first time i was purposely trying to recreate and it was consistent , could have been rollback but it didnt seem like it was , liu vs cassie .

the training room with forest stage props the right side was super dark to where i couldnt really see what character was doing and camera was acting stupid whole match , this was liu vs ms briggs .

was doing a raiden mirror and both of us were low blocking the first hit of b2 occasionally i'm pretty sure this one was rollback .

again most matches were very smooth and big improvement but when the connections go bad they are super bad lol

someone should request a character change and general change list from beta patches and tag the appropriate people so we might get them .

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm not a fan of the added automatic delay to compensate for rollback. It can change depending on connection and makes timing inconsistent between matches.

I really think it's important to give the player control over frame delay so that it can fir their preference. As of now we are stuck with an automatic system that can change on the fly.
Automatic delay? What do you mean? I've had no problem with inputs at all.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
had some weird stuff happen last night when i was playing .

against cassie her ex nutpunch seemed to have invincible frames happened several times after the first time i was purposely trying to recreate and it was consistent , could have been rollback but it didnt seem like it was , liu vs cassie .

t

Cassie ex nut punch is invincible. Always has been.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I was having issues with wakeups, but probably might have been from not knowing the timing for waking up after bf4.
Ah ok. I know when we played that set I had like 0 issues. It was like super smooth lol. I've heard a few people say their games don't play too well sometimes but I've yet to experience it outside of random one time deals.

dph1990

Noob
I love that Kitana is a self entitled, pompous, arrogant bitch in this game. My favourite is the really bare-faced racism between her and D'Vorah, when D'Vorah calls her a pompous Edenian and Kitana spits "Filthy K'yttin" back at her. Not cool, guys!

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Automatic delay? What do you mean? I've had no problem with inputs at all.
Right now this system uses delay to compensate for roll back it's definitely there. It's a huge improvement over the original netcode but I believe it would be better to give players choice.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Right now this system uses delay to compensate for roll back it's definitely there. It's a huge improvement over the original netcode but I believe it would be better to give players choice.
I would think that it's so minimal you barely notice though, like Tekken's. I play 100% offline until this beta, and while I can feel "a" difference, it's so small that it doesn't effect anything for me. I can consistently do right combos, punish tight frames, etc, with no problem.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
yes. It's the same as Cage's in MK9. A Cage family trait.
So is there a reason that the invincibility eats up the damage buff while Cassie has a shroud on her from Pyro Tanya?

Example Cassie has shroud on her, Tanya does b3,1,2 Cassie Ex nut punches the gap between 1,2. Tanya's 2 hits Cassie but the invincibility eats the damage buff damage from shroud but takes no damage and the damage buff disappears as well.

Is this suppose to be intended even though Tanya didn't technically hit Cassie?

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Probably been answered but I couldn't sift through the whole thread...

I understand the connection ping is being displayed as a numerical value and/or the traditional bars with the beta. Is it also distinguishing between wired/wireless connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.