What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
The hell is up with this thread that I'm here reading @Rude breakdown how a fighting game works to people. Oh and anyone talking about being fullscreen from a breaker . . .. you're not. If Quan breaks then decides to throw a projectile and you make a read and he'll be eating either a jump in full combo or blocked jump in into whatever you want.

Or Quan fishes for overhead and if he didn't have 3 meters before the break then that's a full combo. Or you probably have meter so if he spends his last bar on MB rune you can armor through. Boom Quan spent 3 bars to get bopped.

I play Cassie and with this change I literally don't get to combo after flipkick if I get the hit right away. But I'm ok with a little more neutral in my MK. But maybe I'm an outlier.

To everyone that doesn't like this change, what if the aggressor was left with one bar stamina? @AK L0rdoftheFLY since you are actually playing with the change what do you think?

-breakers take two bars of stamina from both characters
The defender still loses 2 bars of meter right? Have to make sure.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
As an A-list main , getting in and having my combo broken , then basically losing my only tool in the neutral ? ( f3 )Doesn't sound like it's gonna be a change that effects the cast equally. Breaker usage will dramatically change matchups.
I mean... It's not like wreckless rushdown rocks MKX as of now right? Johnny can fucking MB shadowkick trough projectiles, he has one of the best footsie tools and LBSH, it's not like there are tons of zoners who can keep him out to begin with.
Also Kitana wouldn't have stamina to backdash (which is part of her zoning game) while you will still be able to dash foward and walk.
I'm sorry there are actually a few competent zoners in the game full of rushdown bitches.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Haha so you thought you'd sell this as a new cool thing, but I'm on to you.

You guys added the MB throw option into brutality at the end of the match not because it would be more cool, but because you couldn't get half of the brutalities working in the code on airborne opponents (such as projectile ones) because you had to snap the model from the juggle state to standing.

But that's ok, I can now finally pull off Reptile's brutalities because they were impossible since the opponent is always juggled, and A-list cages because i can mb nut into mb throw into f3 charged flip.

Can't wait.

TOC EdDoughBoy

Jax Bruh
The match making still sucks, unless there is literately one other dude playing on xbone lol I'm sure they'll make improvements though. Also anything worse than what NRS claims is 75 ms or worse and the lag is still super real.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
The match making still sucks, unless there is literately one other dude playing on xbone lol I'm sure they'll make improvements though. Also anything worse than what NRS claims is 75 ms or worse and the lag is still super real.
What's your connection speed and are you wired?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I was playing last night and when its a bad connection the skipping has tough to adjust to at first but I will say even when someone was skipping all over the place I could still hit my combos no problem there felt like there was no input delay.

I was accepting all the bad pings I came across just to see what it would be like in bad connection and it really not that bad input wise.

I was pulling off scorpion fbc like I do in training mode even while the game skipped

IrishMantis

Connection speed and upload speed doesnt make a difference though. All that matters is ping/latency
of course i iknow that. they do matter but the priority is on latency, but its hard to get a reliable result of Speedtest as it depends how far the server is.

He clearly said his ping is 20 ms. which is really good, plus you cant fully go by Speedtest.net ping as it could very depending on how far the server is .
I know this shit dude

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
I'm guessing this is aimed towards me, so to make things clear, all I said was "all the famous streamers and top players seem to be getting codes." I never said they were the ONLY ones getting codes, chill out dude.
I received a code and I'm definitely a nobody lol I Dont have a twitch channel or make top 8s at majors. I'm going to my first offline tournament at end of the month so I'm definitely not a well known player.

IrishMantis

IrishMantis

I was playing last night and when its a bad connection the skipping has tough to adjust to at first but I will say even when someone was skipping all over the place I could still hit my combos no problem there felt like there was no input delay.

I was accepting all the bad pings I came across just to see what it would be like in bad connection and it really not that bad input wise.

I was pulling off scorpion fbc like I do in training mode even while the game skipped
it doesn't matter if you're a "No name". I want to hear everybody's exp with it and hope nobody holds back just because they feel they dont have a rep.

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
it doesn't matter if you're a "No name". I want to hear everybody's exp with it and hope nobody holds back just because they feel they dont have a rep.
Yea I wasn't going to hold back because I know ppl wanna what its like. I was just telling the other guy that I received a code and I'm not a well known player I even got my code Tuesday not long after I registered.

Bad connection still sucks because of the skipping but I actually can stand this kind of bad connection better then how it is now because at least it still feels smooth when you hit your combos and if you block something that's not safe you can punish no problems.

It actually felt like training mode I don't use hellfire much now because online the fbc especially b3 fbc are tough with all the input delay but last night even in a red bar ping and the other person was skipping all over the place I was hitting all my fbcs and punishing for big damage, I didn't have to dumb down the combo to make up for lag.

Also I definitely got hit by a sub zero double b2 combo in corner last night to :eek:

of course i iknow that. they do matter but the priority is on latency, but its hard to get a reliable result of Speedtest as it depends how far the server is.

He clearly said his ping is 20 ms. which is really good, plus you cant fully go by Speedtest.net ping as it could very depending on how far the server is .
I know this shit dude
Tom Brady was streaming yesterday and said the feeling is almost identical to offline, only thing that happened every once in a while is some frames skipping.

IrishMantis

Yea I wasn't going to hold back because I know ppl wanna what its like. I was just telling the other guy that I received a code and I'm not a well known player I even got my code Tuesday not long after I registered.

Bad connection still sucks because of the skipping but I actually can stand this kind of bad connection better then how it is now because at least it still feels smooth when you hit your combos and if you block something that's not safe you can punish no problems.

It actually felt like training mode I don't use hellfire much now because online the fbc especially b3 fbc are tough with all the input delay but last night even in a red bar ping and the other person was skipping all over the place I was hitting all my fbcs and punishing for big damage, I didn't have to dumb down the combo to make up for lag.

Also I definitely got hit by a sub zero double b2 combo in corner last night to :eek:
so by your current impression

what would you rate no rollback connection averagely out of 10
and what would you rate Rollback averagly out of 10?

IrishMantis

Tom Brady was streaming yesterday and said the feeling is almost identical to offline, only thing that happened every once in a while is some frames skipping.
thats really good to hear :D

its called rollback for that reason i guess, to roll it back to the state where both players connection agreed on a state

Status
Not open for further replies.