What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
It makes you think about unbreakable combos more since there is a punishment for letting your opponent break.
Some people may claim that it would be a success because of variety and stuff. I would've said that too if not for disparities in what different characters can do.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
113 mrs? Do u mean up shadow? Which characters does it normally whiff on? It was hitting consistently.

123 SD SK in the corner did not combo though and I always thought it did?
Yes that what I mean his up shadow don't get me excited :D
It whiffs on all females and all chars if they are in the wrong stance

Your mean 12 straight shadow
Yeah that was able to combo in the corner but you would have to do the mimic shadow kick (straight shadow ) as early as possible

omooba

fear the moobs
Things are different. I'll update as the list grows.

-breakers take two bars of stamina from both characters

- block breakers do exist and cost both bars of stamina and meter from both characters

- scorpion 214 has a gap before the 4

- scorpion f2 in Ninjitsu hits mid, overhead

- in game timer is sped up (1 game second = 1 real second)

- hellfire changes; 214~fbrc jails to s2, two flame auras are possible in the same combo

Keep em coming!!
can you check what 21 is on block

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
113 mrs? Do u mean up shadow? Which characters does it normally whiff on? It was hitting consistently.

123 SD SK in the corner did not combo though and I always thought it did?
113~Mimic Rising Shadow

Try it mid-screen against Jacqui. It should whiff every time.

You can also try it on Sub Zero, but you have to try it in both stances as it'll whiff in one and hit on the other.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yes that what I mean his up shadow don't get me excited :D
It whiffs on all females and all chars if they are in the wrong stance

Your mean 12 straight shadow
Yeah that was able to combo in the corner but you would have to do the mimic shadow kick (straight shadow ) as early as possible
I never had a 113 up shadow whiff on hit...but more testing will help confirm this.

Typo. I meant 113 straight shadow doesn't combo for me in the corner into SS. That sounds crazy as I type it

wselak

Noob
Of course there are options, I never said there wasn't any options for the person breaking the combo after they do. you know they changed that for a reason, right? It's not like they're changing shit willy nilly. They changed that so the game is more balanced. Let's just agree to disagree cuz I guarantee there's gonna be more changes with this that not everyone is gonna see eye to eye on. Regardless, NRS is making changes in the right direction now. And that's what matters
fine. there no way your going to say you're wrong or change your option. re read my very first comment. hqt predator, shinnok, quan chi, kenshi, kung lao, tremor, kitana, kano and anyone with instant air fireballs got buffed. some of those characters are top tier and they are going to get better so its not going to make the game more balanced.

even if i hit you my character and other characters need stamina to do combos so we got to do a crappy three hit string and go for a risky oki. some characters dont need stamina for combos so if they get the hit they get a full combo but sorry stamina users you get nerfed. so in my eyes its more unbalanced

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
fine. there no way your going to say you're wrong or change your option. re read my very first comment. hqt predator, shinnok, quan chi, kenshi, kung lao, tremor, kitana, kano and anyone with instant air fireballs got buffed. some of those characters are top tier and they are going to get better so its not going to make the game more balanced.

even if i hit you my character and other characters need stamina to do combos so we got to do a crappy three hit string and go for a risky oki. some characters dont need stamina for combos so if they get the hit they get a full combo but sorry stamina users you get nerfed. so in my eyes its more unbalanced
Go ahead and name me something that was changed to the gameplay in general, not character specific, that equally helps out every character.

omooba

fear the moobs
you have options!! you just said you can do a few of them. do can a special, jump back, jump forward, god forbid block and punish for blocking right, or attack with a string cause i'm running! why am i being penalized for hitting you? my character doesnt have projectile that hits you at that range! (shotgun jacqui) some characters like shinnok for example actually have the advantage against me at that point lol
i think you're missing his point. i shouldn't be at a disadvantage in the neutral when i break.
end of story.
your opinion might be different but that's mine and his opinion

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I never had a 113 up shadow whiff on hit...but more testing will help confirm this.

Typo. I meant 113 straight shadow doesn't combo for me in the corner into SS. That sounds crazy as I type it
Trust me you would notice if 113 mimic rising shadow whiffs so it's all a really good sign so far

What 113 Shadow kick whiffs in the corner? This has to be a bug lol

In anyway thanks for info dude
Much appreciated

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
The changes are not stupid.

What is really stupid is that Beta is USA only. Tyler said nothing about it, NRS and Ed Boon twitters haven't said anything about it. Only on by a God forsaken forum you could have discovered this. Waiting for e-mail entire day with Beta code like an idiot...
Damn. Wrekt

wselak

Noob
Go ahead and name me something that was changed to the gameplay in general, not character specific, that equally helps out every character.
huh? this is the biggest change and it changes the game a lot and it doesnt help balance. i dont know about any other changes to the gameplay in general why should i? i'm not talking about that.

i think you're missing his point. i shouldn't be at a disadvantage in the neutral when i break.
end of story.
your opinion might be different but that's mine and his opinion
re read the whole conversation i answered this.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
huh? this is the biggest change and it changes the game a lot and it doesnt help balance. i dont know about any other changes to the gameplay in general why should i? i'm not talking about that.

re read the whole conversation i answered this.
just because this change won't affect every character equally doesn't mean it's not balancing the game more than what it is. If you really think the breaker system is okay the way it is now, then good day, sir.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
It's either both remain stamina or both lose it.

Having it by the current way is stupid. When I spend 2 bars and full stamina with slowed down refill, one thing I want to have for these huge resources is AT LEAST to not be at disadvantage. And having your opponent saving full stamina with normal refill is anything, but not advantage on your side after breaker.

Wasting 2 bars is me buying my right to win a neutral situation.

Skedar70

Noob
just because this change won't affect every character equally doesn't mean it's not balancing the game more than what it is. If you really think the breaker system is okay the way it is now, then good day, sir.
The new breaker system might make quan chi even more powerful, since he has the best zoning one of the best meter building and he can do the best unbreakable combos. Breakers shouldn't be putting things back in neutral they should just change the position of the defender from awful to no soo awful. Why would the character who landed a combo hit be punished? It doesn't make that much sense to me. I will need to try it out but in theory I don't think this is necessary.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Just a list of characters that benefit from breaker change.

Sonya(Demo), Kenshi(All variations), Kitana(RS and Mounful), Sub-Zero(GM), Reptile(All Variations), Ermac(Mystic and MoS), Kano(All Variations), Shinnok(All variations), Predator(HQT), Jacqui(FA), Liu Kang(DF and FF), Tremor(All variations), and Quan Cheese(most likely all of them but especially Summoner)

Status
Not open for further replies.