What's new

MKX Enhanced Online BETA General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey i used to play the beta from time to time on ps4 i get 100/250 ms and even 250 was smooth and 100 was perfect
but the last 3 or 2 days
even 100 120 ms feels like there's delay and sound problems and there is frame skipping
did that happen to you guys too or its only me ?

Vjeekes

DevilApes
i noticed some issues to, but thats normal on the beta version.
yesterday my opponent died when he had 2 or 3 % of health left haha, it gave me the round
no worries, they will patch this kind of minor bugs

Kokoko

Somehow
hey i used to play the beta from time to time on ps4 i get 100/250 ms and even 250 was smooth and 100 was perfect
but the last 3 or 2 days
even 100 120 ms feels like there's delay and sound problems and there is frame skipping
did that happen to you guys too or its only me ?
Paulo already answered.
instead of random like "beta runs worse now!" it would be good to know - what characters/variations were being used, which background, general idea of what was being done. (spamming!?) More characters are added as they are optimized and tweaked to run within perfomance benchmarks. The point of the beta is to find any outliers and potential high marks.

vicious1024

Does it matter?
It's likely that each phase of the beta will see various changes to the netcode - some good, some bad. One of the major purposes of the beta is to find a formula that works for the variable network configurations NRS expects to encounter.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
colt said:
instead of random like "beta runs worse now!" it would be good to know - what characters/variations were being used, which background, general idea of what was being done. (spamming!?) More characters are added as they are optimized and tweaked to run within perfomance benchmarks. The point of the beta is to find any outliers and potential high marks.
Spamming confirmed as legitimate word and tactic in MKX by the actual dev team who implemented the game.
Eat it "zoning" elitists.

well i understand now i just hope that they make it as good as the patch before this one was
it was insanely good
i live in the middle east and got a very smooth matches vs usa

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
I also noticed a difference. I even had matches that totally disconnected during my stream. However as others have said, it's to be expected since it's a beta.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I've actually had a couple of desyncs since I got beta 1.03. I've also noticed that during the challenge screen when I'm searching for an opponent, it will say I have something like 60ms ping to the opponent, but then during the fight it'll fluctuate around 100ms. Thought that was odd.

Solid

The Longbow Hunter.
Only had a laggy match yesterday in the snow forest map. Ping was 91 but kept fluctuating a lot, sometimes to 123. The fluctuation is normal but that match was really laggy. I was using Cybernetic vs Boneshaper.

ATP2014

The best mediocre Batman
Detailed instance for me, last night when I was playing Wrestler Jax vs Piercing Mileena, I was getting much more lag in the Marketplace vs with other stages and characters.

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
Erron also got a small nerf. Now command grab doesn't work on block, but now command grab works on the corner (on hit). Can someone double check?
Command Grab always worked midscreen and in the corner, on hit and on block. Are you sure it doesn't work on block now?

EDIT: I thought you were referring to raw command grab, and not the tick throws.

Last edited:

darklightjg1

Lost Street Fighter Player
I had a slightly worse experience with the recent build (I'm wired) against a D'vorah. The ping when matching up was shown as 57 or something, but in-match it was high 100s low 200s and felt laggier than what I've been used to for the beta so far. I also noticed her bugs from the spawning puddle special move would randomly appear and disappear sometimes even though the other player wasn't doing the move. It did no damage, but it was distracting.

Still better than the normal MK netcode, but I hope I don't run into too many experiences like that and figured I should mention it if the developers who are involved are reading this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.