What's new

MK9 vs MK10 gameplay mechanics: what they should keep, change, take out etc.

ok i like the graphics the feel of it the xray moves but and its a big but didnt get to play online cause was just playing at a friends house but first impressions killed me wanting to buy it. ive played mk from the beginning at the arcades. from mk to UMK3 i loved the way the mechanics and gameplay was set up. the HP,LP,LK,HK,BLK and run was a great set up. the moves were simple and mk and mk2 did not have auto kombos which i think killed the game. to get kombos to work you really had to work at them. especially if you were a master. now after playing mk9 for only a few hours i had auto kombos down easy and even won some matches vs the one that owns the game which shouldnt be right. i think the characters should be evened out power wise and the xray moves changed to where you can use them as early finishers at the end of the 1st round to add pizzazz they need to take some of the new and combine it with the originals since obviously the MKAK is selling pretty well. and will about double players when it comes to pc.

kilnkilagn

Kill-n-Kill Again
1 - Block stun is too long.
2 - Forward-forward dash can go. The dash should be one press forward instead.
3 - No X-Ray (Retard Rage Mode) bullshit. Let someone win by having a good offense, not by getting a lucky X-Ray.
4 - More overheads in the first and second hit positions of strings.
5 - Bring back 3D.

**I'll add to this over time...

STB Bodam

"Game... Blouses."
I think this list is going to grow in a half a year :) Who knows what bugs the community might find :)
Anyway, I'd like to add that the game needs to become more solid in the form that it is right now, then they might add one more style, two more weapons, three more hats etc.

But, looking back at the History of, let's say Street Fighter, which has 20 omnipresent characters + 1 omnipresent storyline (be it different, it really didn't matter) + 1 omnipresent fighting mechanic in comparison with Mortal Kombat with new characters in each game + a 20 YEARS EVOLVING CONTINUOUS storyline + i don't know how many game mechanics (but seems like pretty much every 2-3 games) I really don't see how they are going to keep the next MK the same as MK9.

I really, really would like the next MK to be UMK9 just because I love this game and the new approach it brought to the MK franchise. Imagine rebirth of MK4+DA+D in MK10: new characters (a lot of them), new fighting styles (I really think they are going to bring weapons back), new world interactions (like traps, throwable objects etc.) - this is a completely new game man. I really don't want to see another bugged, glitched MK. I really, really don't.

Now, the post is long, but it's from my bloody warrior heart.

Long live the Emperor and Fatality to you all mortals!
I like this post quite a bit and agree with almost every aspect of it.

One thing I'd like to see was the return of stage fatalities or environmental traps but with how strategic and situational-based this game can be; it scares me to think we'd have unavoidable set-ups to get players into those every time.

I don't know, it should be in the discussion though.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Change the wake up system so people can actually get stuffed out, no need for baby sitting

Allow everyone to do serious combos no matter what play style (Ex: Noob)

Give hits in the air gravity instead just freezing up midway

Only allow block damage on certain strings that make sense (a string with a weapon), make meter building more important

Get rid of the stance change

Allow for an easier AA system so mks ground game is priority (this is usually online issue though)

Fix blockstun, its way too long

I think they should keep overall game play like it is right now, just no resets and stupd broken stuff like that and FIX online this game is like playing 2 diferent games offline and online is soooo diferent.

They need to ditch all the middleware so they can actually have some control over the engine. I would bet you money that all the random bugs and glitches aren't strictly NRS's fault, the byproduct of the game being middleware-ed out the ass.

Keep the meter system including x rays, it adds a lot of strategy.

Move specific invincible frames on wake up moves. Makes no sense how a 12 frame attack and an 8 frame attack have the same invincible frames on wake up.

Apart from that not many changes as the gameplay is a good blend of old school and new school.

NO 3D!!!!!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2