What's new

MK9 vs Injustice

axeman87

Noob
I was curious to know why we're getting excited for Injustice, myself included.

Yes, its made by the same guys that brought us our beloved MK9, but near as I can tell, its shaping up to be a very different fighter with some of the main features that many of us like in MK9 missing.

Most notably, Block button, blood and Fatalities.

Personally I can't stand BackBlock, or the flashy Supers that are reminiscent of fighters like Street Fighter, so it seems to be sitting in the middle of MK9 and SF4.

I'm a comic fan so Injustice appeals to me and I like the overall style which is more towards MK9 than say... SF4, Tekken or MvsC so thats good.

Overall though, if Injustice was being made by someone else would everyone still be as interested, or is it mainly because its NRS?

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I am going to play it because I am a Comic Book fan.

NRS making it has nothing to do with it, in fact, there not even my first choice to be making DC games, but here we are.

Also there is blood in INjustice.

As OP said, I don't care if it's made by the same guys that did MK. I don't care if they changed the button layout, since I play sf and sg anyways. But it isn't going to be MK..........and I never thought comic book characters were cool aside from Penguin, which is really fucking scary even as I type it to myself. But yeah, I'm not getting Injustice simply because I have no interest in it.

axeman87

Noob
Stop expecting it to be MK9, than maybe people will actually like Injustice, or other Fighting Games while you're at it. -________-.
Well... thats kind of my point. Its not MK at all is it? I dont expect it to be, hence the reason I was wondering about so many MK players getting excited for it.

Rathalos ... RE: Blood. Not much. Certainly not the gore levels that we see in MK. Look at Deathstrokes special. Sparks come out of Green Arrows back when he gets the shit shot out of him. Do we know what rating its heading for?

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Blood and Fatalities are a non-issue. I'm getting it because I like DC as well. I can't speak on the no block button "issue" though, as I switch between fighters and can use either block mechanic.

Edit: The rating is going to be teen. This is DC afterall.

kolpax

MK, KI, KoF...I love em all!
I plan on picking it up myself, the only thing I don't really care for are the interactive background objects. This just seems very Smash Bros-ish to me, I would be happy if you can turn those things off during game play. Other than that, I am looking forward to it.

Well... thats kind of my point. Its not MK at all is it? I dont expect it to be, hence the reason I was wondering about so many MK players getting excited for it.

Rathalos ... RE: Blood. Not much. Certainly not the gore levels that we see in MK. Look at Deathstrokes special. Sparks come out of Green Arrows back when he gets the shit shot out of him. Do we know what rating its heading for?
I'm getting it because I like DC, Super Heroes and Comics. I'm also getting it because it slightly resembles MK's Fight Engine, and it's being made by people who've learned and improved upon mistakes made in MK9 according to them.

Only people I see bitching are ignorant Capcom weeaboos and people who can't relate at all to the universe of DC, their characters and they have like 1 character they like which they probably faintly remember that makes them even consider getting the game.

axeman87

Noob
I'm getting it because I like DC, Super Heroes and Comics. I'm also getting it because it slightly resembles MK's Fight Engine, and it's being made by people who've learned and improved upon mistakes made in MK9 according to them.
Yeh, that's pretty much how I feel about it.

I'm undecided about the interactive backgrounds. The one like the steam pipe looks ok with a quick stun, but smashing through walls into cut scenes makes me cringe a little and it seems to lose pace.

Phase 3

Feels Good Man
Most notably, Block button, blood and Fatalities.

Personally I can't stand BackBlack, or the flashy Supers that are reminiscent of fighters like Street Fighter, so it seems to be sitting in the middle of MK9 and SF4.
Many people here play Mortal Kombat competitively along with other fighters, so blood and gore will often take a backseat to things like balance, game mechanics and fundamentals. Losing some gore is far from a deal-breaker; in fact, to some of us, it's merely an afterthought.

Secondly, X-Rays have a lot of the absurdity and flash you'd find in Injustice/SSIV/etc. Supers.

At the end of the day, for most competitive fighting game players, it's another game in the same genre from a studio that has just re-established itself as a creator of quality fighters. It also doesn't look like a radical departure from MK9, that's for sure. It's certainly not Marvel.

Then there are people who just genuinely love comics and appreciate opportunities to play a game as their favorite characters.

As an avid comic book fan and competitive fighting game enthusiast, this is a great blend for me. Hell, I'll probably love Injustice far more than I ever enjoyed MK, assuming the game mechanics are of a similar quality.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
On one hand I'm impressed by some of the things Hector Sanchez said in one of these interviews about catering to the players, (re: training mode, frame data in the pause menu, etc.) on the other hand I'm not too keen on the general idea of the game. I'd rather see mk10 with Jade being god tier :p

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Because it's different?

NRS doesn't have to be strictly known for MK games. I'm interested in seeing how well they handle making a fighting game that does fighting differently than what we've come to expect from MK.

Just be open lol. I'm not saying have hopes to the fucking heavens or anything, but be more open to NRS maybe doing something totally different.

SZSR

Noob
THTB, Like for Egoraptor.

As far as Injustice vs MK9 goes, I feel in this day and age trying to make comparisons between fighting games are nearly null and void. Even games created by the same company have vastly different styles of play despite having similar qualities (E.g., Soul Calibur vs Tekken and Marvel vs SF).

I feel that this will be no different for INJ and MK9. People will like MK9 more for being MK, people will like INJ for DC. Neither is better or worse than the other. It's a matter of taste, therein is where "better" is defined.

insignis

Noob
as for me I was excited for MK9 because it was MK and not awful 3D, but then I realised that also I really like stylistics and mechanics of the game (I hate design and mechanics in Street Fighter, BlazBlue etc when you hit someone and he freezes and everything is sharp and spamming low pokes like epileptic).
And Injustice will be close enough to these mechanics and will bring something new like interesting characters and interactive arenas.

I see MK9 as the first try of a good fighting game with a lot of bugs and disbalance which was nice and mapped a course to develop an awesome game in the future which may be Injustice or MK10.

I have faith in NRS,and 16bit, but, tbh all it would take is a better training mode, and online for me to pick injustice over mk9. I mean mk9 on psn is laughable.

Hanzer0

Wanna order chinese later?
They NEED to either have practice mode at the main menu or if there's a training menu option with several options afterwards, practice mode needs to be the first on the list.

How many times have you went to training mode in MK9 only to accidently hit A/X twice and end up in tutorial mode? It's annoying to have to go back after waiting for the loading screen to finish

axeman87

Noob
It safe to say training mode will be much better. Its one of the things thats pretty ordinary in MK9 and they know it.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
The fatalities I could care less about, the block button being gone may take some adjusting, its the other wacky buttons and set up's I'm more concerned about wrapping my head around.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
it should be way better than mk, hopefully.

better training mode and ALOT less glitches