What's new

MK9: Question 4 this community!

Because the balance in MK9 is completely screwed- and people blame NRS for not balancing the game, while pretending to themselves its fine how it is by not simply banning the characters that are ruining it for the others.

Either stop asking NRS to do another patch, or ban the characters that are so bad they're making everyone ask for a patch.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
If MK9 got a new patch today or tomorrow this site would go apeshit. All we want is a damn update.Its a dam shame we gotta try to find a way to do it ourselves.But idk I'm kinda starting to see the light when it comes to nrs and their lack of support for their games after they've taken our money.They already got two strikes on them.If they do the same for MK10 I'm done.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I'm not one that can travel to tournaments and things like that because of personal reasons so I like to treat the major tournaments like a weekend long superbowl. I invite some friends over and we play games and watch the stream on the big screen and maybe even cook out over the weekend while it's going on. When we would watch MK9 all we could talk about was how bad it seemed on our end that the game got treated by TOs. I mean we would joke sometimes "Hey I wonder what dark hallway they going to make the MK9 players play in this weekend?". Imo the game would have had to be damn near flawless to over come some of the other factors that played in to it's death at tournaments. I've never been to an MK tournament so I could be talking out my ass about it but from watching the streams it felt like the game got disrespected at tournaments from the beginning.

If MK9 got a new patch today or tomorrow this site would go apeshit. All we want is a damn update.Its a dam shame we gotta try to find a way to do it ourselves.But idk I'm kinda starting to see the light when it comes to nrs and their lack of support for their games after they've taken our money.
That assumes the community would like the patch.

Despite everyone asking for a patch, people insist that Kabal's fine how he is, Kenshi is fine, etc

If this community wants a patch because the game so desperately needs it- people should put their money where their mouth is and insist tournaments ban characters that have too many 8-2 mu's in their favor, because it breaks the balance.

Ermaculate_Slim

We are Many but we didnt make MK11 not one
That assumes the community would like the patch.

Despite everyone asking for a patch, people insist that Kabal's fine how he is, Kenshi is fine, etc

If this community wants a patch because the game so desperately needs it- people should put their money where their mouth is and insist tournaments ban characters that have too many 8-2 mu's in their favor, because it breaks the balance.
Yea they should ban them but they won't.But I feel its unfair to people who spent so much time playing these characters for them to get banned because NRS couldn't balance a toddler in walker.

exyle

Noob
Too late to do anything about MK9. Best thing we can do is support NRS and Injustice and hope for the best for MK10. If Injustice has a long life span in the FGC, maybe NRS will put in more work and resources into MK10 than they did for MK9.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't play mk as much anymore competitively because I can't play the characters I want to play and still have a chance. I would still play and support the game, but I will only train so hard to fight a 2 8 matchup when I could play Injustice which is just as great, and play 5 - 5s.

As much as I hate the fact, the only hope for MK at this point is UMK9. I'm not even sure a normal patch could save it at this point.

It never made any sense to me why NRS never did UMK9. They'd basically be printing money.

Didn't someone start some online petition for UMK9 or one final patch a while back? Whatever happened with that?

It never made any sense to me why NRS never did UMK9. They'd basically be printing money.
If they were certain they'd be printing money, then you bet they would do UMK9, so.

Maybe MK9 is still selling like crazy and they want to wait to assure as higher profits as possible?

Or they are not doing it simply because the creation of a different game (MK10/Injustce2/Whatever1) will have higher profits/returns.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Definitely UMK9 is the way to go, Just Add brutalities, patcach it and add a few more characters, like Sareena, Tanya, Shinnok, Robot Smoke, Li Mei, Frost, and Dairou.

Matix218

Get over here!
Everyone moved on. GGA kept up longer than most, all the way to VXG, but it's over now. I'm at peace.
But its still fun to play. The only legit reason to drop the game (assuming you still enjoy playing) is that there is no more money in the tournament winnings anymore, but there is no money in igau either so why not at least play both? There is no money in playing fighting games in general unless you are jwong or one of those select 5 or so players in this country that use this as your main income source.

So why not just play the game you like.

If we all still like it then we should still play it

Maybe if everyone didn't cry for a new patch every month they would have supported the game longer than they did. I cant blame nrs for not supporting the game anymore. All everyone did anyway was ask for continuous patches. Even if they did one last patch, everybody would just want another after that... And another a few weeks later, and so on.

NRS left MK9 in complete trash. stop supporting NRS until they make a quality fighting game. so tired of this community trying to sugar coat their bullshit and make excuses from them. if NRS hasn't gotten the program in 20+ years they been making half ass shitty fighting games, they probably never will.

and stop saying wait til MK10. you morons don't understand, that we SHOULDN'T HAVE TO WAIT FOR A NEW MK GAME. they are more than capable of attempting to fix this one. they just either aren't or WB is too worthless to realize the benefit of updating their FIRST trademark fighting game.

besides injustice is their newest popular garbage, and they'll probably build mk10 off that shit. and that won't end well.

no faith. and no reason to have any.

I am starting to think people in this community don't really like MK. All they want is a fresh hype game (they don't even insist on it being MK) and tournaments with money pots. WTF people this site is called TESTYOURMIGHT. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be at least 70% dedicated to the latest MK title. If some players who used to be top in MK dropped Why won't others who actually like the game itself and not just the spotlight start show their interest in it. I got into MK9 late in the games life I've watched every tournament stream ever recorded. And I still think the game is fun and has potential to evolve. Luckly for me I have just found some strong local scene here in Russia who are 100% true dedicated MK players and don't really dig comics and Injustice ( I actually likethis game too). So for me it doesn't matter if 16 bit says the game is dead. For me it is still alive and much more fun to play than any other. Which I think isn't true for the mojority people on this site....called TestYourFUCKINGMight.....dedicated to MK...well maybe not

ryublaze

Noob
I still support MK9 on PSN (every saturday night)...but no one ever joins the TYM room except Compbros and Blake even though we had a thread where like 85 people said they'd play. All of a sudden people are like "online is garbage" which is true but it's always been the same and people played online a lot back then so why does no one play now? Is it cuz of Injustice's online being better that makes people not want to go back to MK9 online?

As for local scene, I don't have one anymore. I think the only other guy that played MK9/INJ near me quit so now I don't have anyone to play with. :/

JacopeX

Playing: Injustice, Persona, Blazblue, and MK
After I moved on from playing MK on my own time and just play at tournies/casuals with whatever good/decent players I can find, I tried out injustice....Ended up temp dropping it and don't know how long that will last since the game is just not as enjoyable, not as fast paced, gets patched a lot, and too campy for my taste....I still want to be good at injustice because i'm a huge Batman fan tho.

Currently focused on Blazblue and Persona. I also registered for MK at NEC because MK is one of my favorite fighters, I like meeting/playing casuals with people who actually love the game just because its MK and nothing else, and will always support it. Don't give a shit about anything else, such as community size or attendance. I've realized it's just a lost cause...and the mentality of the NRS community needs to change if they all want to have a good time at more tournies than just be out casted and get low turn outs. KI and Injustice are pretty much going to phase MK out until the next one comes out for the PS4/XB1, which I doubt i'll get for awhile.

Unlike some people, i'm kind of over this realization.

And yes, a community patch will definitely shake things up again. Denying this is just gonna get your cause nowhere. Do you actually think most people will accept the game as it is at this point? Swallow your pride and give in that the game is broken as shit (but still fun) and if we love the game enough to get people interested in it again then we must take the initiative in patching it ourselves (if possible).

Last edited:

GRieVeR_SKeiTH

bad player
Here is my proposal, lets pick a major that people have plenty of notice for; say Final Round. Everybody who wants to show up and play, show up and play. Everyone who thinks Injustice's bs is better than MK9s bs need not apply. See how what kind of numbers we can generate. If we show up, the game can continue. Thats literally what it takes. That and someone like you with recognition to say it, not someone who can't break midcard status like me.

a question to the comunnity
why we all used 2 love mk and after igau released we start moaning on the balance and new patch ? we can't we just play it again without that

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I am starting to think people in this community don't really like MK. All they want is a fresh hype game (they don't even insist on it being MK) and tournaments with money pots. WTF people this site is called TESTYOURMIGHT. I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be at least 70% dedicated to the latest MK title. If some players who used to be top in MK dropped Why won't others who actually like the game itself and not just the spotlight start show their interest in it. I got into MK9 late in the games life I've watched every tournament stream ever recorded. And I still think the game is fun and has potential to evolve. Luckly for me I have just found some strong local scene here in Russia who are 100% true dedicated MK players and don't really dig comics and Injustice ( I actually likethis game too). So for me it doesn't matter if 16 bit says the game is dead. For me it is still alive and much more fun to play than any other. Which I think isn't true for the mojority people on this site....called TestYourFUCKINGMight.....dedicated to MK...well maybe not
They don't care about MK. They care about themselves and how much Money they think their Egos are worth by Gambling on a video game. I've seen people on here state they they are dropping this game/that game because there's no Money in it for them. People need to remember what Love is. It's Not just a Video game, It's character design, plot, some people have been playing MK for 20+ years and don't care about Money, because they LOVE MK

What about a petition for patch/UMK9? Cos in case there is any hope left NOW is the time. After NRS starts new project then is 100% over.

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
honestly, I don't have 100% faith that a patch would fix everything. I mean, yeah, it would give MK9 a huge bump but for how long? let's say Kabal and Kenshi get toned down, and Smoke and Cyrax's resets get patched out. awesome, but who is to say a few months after that people wouldn't just go right back to bitching, and still asking for things to be changed? If we all miss Mk that much, just play it. don't play it to try and make money, don't worry about top tiers, or bullshit bugs, or whatever, because I don't think they're ever going to be fixed. just play it because you love it. online sucks but just play people from TYM. if we just play, mk will come back. will it be 100% exactly the way we want? no, but at least it'll be better then nothing though.