What's new

MK9 Most Current Tier List Thread: Updated 9/1/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
lmao, dude.. i counter troll trolls on stream w/trolling, no need to put pics of yourself and your sister in the tier thread. if you are gonna troll me, know that im just gonna troll back. ppl always think my counter trolling is serious LMAO..

no more posting pics in this thread guys lol..
We all know you get so emotional when you get trolled. It's so easy to get you all upset that's why you get trolled. Im surprised you have not made a Bradycast crying about how the mk community is treating you like how you did with the doa one. Anyways, ima let this thread focus on the real topic. Later.
Sheeva > sub zero. Bad match up. Lol

SHINE

Noob
ShotOuts to Tom Being Stronger, faster, better looking than me... My gf disagrees with the last one bro.

Anyways. If anyone wants some great sub advice talk to shoryuken. Or marvaz. Great rush down subbys.
lmao at how big of a douche you are. Congrats you just trolled yourself

Sentry_Gun

Target Acquired
And you have to start before you can begin. Platitudinous saying is platitudinous.

In all seriousness, though, you do know that different characters have a variable number of viable strings and setups in this game, right? Objectively speaking, independent of human factors?
Well I just wanted to say something profound lol. But I do not believe Kano isn't predictable especially when you always have to worry about his throwing out his upball. I think Kano deserves to be A Tier.

Offtopic, but Sentry Gun's sig is pretty hilarious
Lol thanks man.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
A F0xy Grampa said:
I really dont think Cage goes 5:5 with Raiden, only 1 of his frame traps will work against him, raiden can tele out of everything else. The only character that Cage has a relatively easy time with within the S tier is KL, because he cant spin out of frame traps and has no armour to get out (Ex Tele is too slow). I can agree with 5:5 against Cyrax (because I play mustard alot). Kabal and Reptile definitely slap cage about too.
In my opinion, Cage has a minor advantage over Raiden. I think any character whose zoning is not very good will have some problems fighting Cage. As far as teleporting out of frame traps goes, it is easier said than done. For example, Cage players like to do 2,1. If you try to teleport after 2,1 and the Cage player finishes the string (i.e., 2,1,f+2), you will get launched. Even the best wake up attacks are overrated against Cage. Cage ends all his juggles and hit confirms all his strings into the nut punch. The nut punch disables all wake up attacks and leads to more frame traps. No other character has anything like it. That is just one of the reasons Sonya is not as good as Cage.

Massive Kano said:
Anyway, I think you're overrating Kano, as much as I love him. He's too predictable (B+1, 1, 2 or F+3, B+2 with throws mixed in is functional, but as bare bones as it gets), too low damage, and his best specials have been slowed down way too much. He can sorta-kinda zone and sorta-kinda rush down, but he excels at nothing and jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none is not what you want to be, especially in a game with fools like Kabal and KL who can do it all with no compromises. Grade B.
I agree. Kano is a high mid tier character at best. He loses 4:6 to Kung Lao, Kabal, and Reptile. He goes even with Raiden. Maybe Kitana too. I am not certain about the Cyrax match up. I honestly do not like the character any more. Why would I use Kano when I can use Freddy or Skarlet?

By the way, I talk about the S tier characters so much because if you play the game in tournaments for money, those are the characters that matter.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Spooky said:

He's not over-rating Kano. Maybe you are not using him correctly? I suggest you to grid and bear the losses and eventually you will get better with Kano.
Kano is overrated. He has received too many unnecessary nerfs because of online players.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
In my opinion, Cage has a minor advantage over Raiden. I think any character whose zoning is not very good will have some problems fighting Cage. As far as teleporting out of frame traps goes, it is easier said than done. For example, Cage players like to do 2,1. If you try to teleport after 2,1 and the Cage player finishes the string (i.e., 2,1,f+2), you will get launched. Even the best wake up attacks are overrated against Cage. Cage ends all his juggles and hit confirms all his strings into the nut punch. The nut punch disables all wake up attacks and leads to more frame traps. No other character has anything like it. That is just one of the reasons Sonya is not as good as Cage.

I agree. Kano is a high mid tier character at best. He loses 4:6 to Kung Lao, Kabal, and Reptile. He goes even with Raiden. Maybe Kitana too. I am not certain about the Cyrax match up. I honestly do not like the character any more. Why would I use Kano when I can use Freddy or Skarlet?

By the way, I talk about the S tier characters so much because if you play the game in tournaments for money, those are the characters that matter.
Sonya disables all wakeups too with 112 which then leads into more frametraps/free mixups. And Cage doesnt have advantage over Raiden (watch Me vs Nivek), I play them both(Sonya&Cage) at high level and in tournaments so I think I know what im talking about -.- The 2 1 string isnt what you should be using to start up frame traps with cage anyway. Its his slowest string

This is what I mean when I say people dont know enough about Sonya. No good Sonya player will ever let you have a wakeup, just the same as Cage/Kabal/Skarlet. Even Ermac can reset his opponent, but that'd probly be just against reptile to keep him closer rather than at full screen. So saying that no other character has a move like the nutpunch is wrong.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Sentry_Gun said:
Well he received a buff he didn't need. Then he got a nerf he didn't need. He was fine the way he was when the game was released.
I didn't like the safe up ball. Obviously, no one did. The up ball didn't need to be so safe on block that only a handful of characters could punish it. However, NRS pulled a Capcom and added 2 extra frames of start up to the up ball along with 2 extra frames of recovery to the knife toss. The character is balanced now, but being balanced in fighting games means you're a mid tier character.

A F0xy Grampa said:
Sonya disables all wakeups too with 112 which then leads into more frametraps/free mixups. And Cage doesnt have advantage over Raiden (watch Me vs Nivek), I play them both(Sonya&Cage) at high level and in tournaments so I think I know what im talking about -.- The 2 1 string isnt what you should be using to start up frame traps with cage anyway. Its his slowest string

This is what I mean when I say people dont know enough about Sonya. No good Sonya player will ever let you have a wakeup, just the same as Cage/Kabal/Skarlet. Even Ermac can reset his opponent, but that'd probly be just against reptile to keep him closer rather than at full screen. So saying that no other character has a move like the nutpunch is wrong.
Sonya, Skarlet, and Kabal don't get safe jumps like Cage does because of the distance and/or advantage involved after their combos. Besides, Cage can hit confirm the nut punch on the ground after certain strings. Sonya, Skarlet, and Kabal cannot do the same.

As far as 2,1 goes, 2 has a 9 frame start up. It's faster than anything Cage has except his standing 1 and the universal generic low pokes (i.e., d+1) he also has access to.

If we are to have a reasonable tier list discussion, we must agree to obvious facts, such as that Cage is the best up close character in the game.

Neb saibot

Victory Shall Be Flawless
Man I have to say something this tier list is a joke, first sub-zero is s tier and raiden is not broken. Second baraka is the whackest character because he has no safe moves and slices are punishable by fast specials like reptile, also stryker & sindel can easily out zone him and he can't get close without wasting meter just to move closer to the whole cast and sindels wake spin kick has high priority.sheeva can punish every single one of barakas moves on block and he has no move to stop her teleport stomp and no chop chop doesn't so tom I can tell this is your own personal tier list and not the actual real one.

cryin

Shouldn't KL be G(od) tier? lol.
u still cryin about that, tell me what makes him so good? spin is now easily punished, low hat can be punished on reaction with teleports(mileena, smoke, raiden for example). dive kick is easily punished, his teleport is slow and easily punished. what makes him so godly?

the only problem u should have is his ability to build meter and his mixups, but that is something other characters besides KL also have.

Man I have to say something this tier list is a joke, first sub-zero is s tier and raiden is not broken. Second baraka is the wackest character because he has no safe moves and slices are punishable by fast specials like reptile, also stryker & sindel can easily out zone him and he can't get close without wasting meter just to move closer to the whole cast and sindels wake spin kick has high priority.sheeva can punish every single one of barakas moves on block and he has no move to stop her teleport stomp and no chop chop doesn't so tom I can tell this is your own personal tier list and not the actual real one.
sub is s tier... why? sub has rediculous matchups, kitana, mileena. When I play sub i always choose smoke and in my opinion smoke has no problems with anything sub has to offer. iceball is to slow for smoke, ice clone can be bypassed by smoke towards, ice slide can be punished on full combo on block, ice puddle I dont even need to mention. just fuzzy guard his mixups, mostly block low. U will probably only have real trouble with subzeros at the pro levels

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Man I have to say something this tier list is a joke, first sub-zero is s tier and raiden is not broken. Second baraka is the wackest character because he has no safe moves and slices are punishable by fast specials like reptile, also stryker & sindel can easily out zone him and he can't get close without wasting meter just to move closer to the whole cast and sindels wake spin kick has high priority.sheeva can punish every single one of barakas moves on block and he has no move to stop her teleport stomp and no chop chop doesn't so tom I can tell this is your own personal tier list and not the actual real one.
1) There is nobody in S tier. S tier = broken. Nobody is broken

2) Just because you thnk Baraka is whack, doesn't mean he's not a decent char

3) There is no actual real tier list. It's all opinion based. Crazy how that works huh?

4) Sub Zero is not better than Raiden in any way shape or form. No

Thanks for the list Tom! I would suggest that everyone not worry too much about the placement. We all know tiers always change and you shouldn't let it affect your game play or character choice. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how it changes after future patches.

Neb saibot

Victory Shall Be Flawless
Oh really? Cause raiden is just a guessing game and I have no trouble against him, but sub zeros ice clone makes it impossible for characters without teleports to beat him. I don't think baraka is whack, I know baraka is whack sheeva made it top 8 last salty battle what about baraka everytime someone trys to win with him they lose the first match.

Hmmm... Tier list definitely looks accurate except for one niggling issue (imho)

I think Ermac should be bumped up a level. His damage output is high and seems to be extremely easy to do even after his nerfs, and his uppercut has some major deceptive range that will shut someone down not expecting that for mixup (i.e like a close range lift instead)

I do like how Jax was bumped up though. People are starting to learn him and he's shaping out to be a pretty good adversary in the right hands.

Also, Kung Lao is still pretty broken. He recovers from his projectiles and blocks faster than Smoke can teleport and hit him. Smoke has the fastest teleport in the game, and Kung Lao is the only one who can stuff it for free.

tier list

I dont agree with a few characters..

scorpion, smoke, shang tsung rain should be B tier, the characters are good, but they are like between a and b tier. cuz the differnce between characters like sektor, mileena, subzero and kano are pretty big.

Smoke is one that is definitely B tier, too predictable and if he is not used in a favoured matchup he is pretty much garbage. He is one of my mains and OTG really shouldnt have been removed, WITH otg he would be A tier.

Scorpion WILL be A tier if they reduce recovering time for spear off screen and the faster takedown.(and please buff his teleport so that he cant get kicked out of wakeups)

shang is too weak against rushdown and a match against anti zone characters like smoke and raiden is really bad for him. the soul steal option hasnt been exploited too much and I doubt it will come in handy in most matches

Rain is still a dlc and there is a lot of potential in him, but that still needs to be discovered until then he should be B tier.

and about sonya, i dont really know that much about her but is she really A tier?

I really hope the patch helps Smoke out with his teleport a tiny bit more by adding a touch more recovery to Kung Lao's projectile moves. The fastest teleport move in the game can't get around even Kung Lao's projectile lol.

I would consider Rain's placement in A-tier just, because of his ability to dc his roundhouse.

Hmmm... Tier list definitely looks accurate except for one niggling issue (imho)

I think Ermac should be bumped up a level. His damage output is high and seems to be extremely easy to do even after his nerfs, and his uppercut has some major deceptive range that will shut someone down not expecting that for mixup (i.e like a close range lift instead)

I do like how Jax was bumped up though. People are starting to learn him and he's shaping out to be a pretty good adversary in the right hands.

Also, Kung Lao is still pretty broken. He recovers from his projectiles and blocks faster than Smoke can teleport and hit him. Smoke has the fastest teleport in the game, and Kung Lao is the only one who can stuff it for free.
raidens is faster my friend...and he is one of my mains and i pretty much know what im talking about when I say I punish him with teleport on reaction with the low hats. ermac is really in a tier between a and b with scorpion, smoke etc

Okay but now this is Raiden we're talking about, lol. Let me correct myself then, Smoke's teleport is the fastest next to Raiden. I just feel that a teleporting character's advantage against zoning should be just that: The fact that they can teleport should allow them to stuff careless projectiles- The issue with Smoke is that his teleport which is one of the faster ones in the game still can't correctly punish Kung Lao without being lucky is a little silly. Scorpion I can understand because he can make his teleport safe with EX...

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Oh really? Cause raiden is just a guessing game and I have no trouble against him, but sub zeros ice clone makes it impossible for characters without teleports to beat him. I don't think baraka is whack, I know baraka is whack sheeva made it top 8 last salty battle what about baraka everytime someone trys to win with him they lose the first match.
Have you ever fought a good Raiden? It's like saying "I'll never get into a car wreck cause I always guess right". That's Raiden. A future car wreck waiting to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.