What's new

MK1 Bugs & Glitches Report and Feedback

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
If you find anything at all that seems like it’s a bug, glitch, or just not intended, feel free to report it to this thread. It can be anything from potential infinites, janky animations, issues with the background/stage, input problems, pretty much anything you think is “off”. Hopefully we can compile a decent amount of feedback for NRS.

Also, to be clear, this is absolutely NOT a “complaint” thread.

uppercut brutality creates two heads, one attached and one knocked off.
a lot of stutter in series s single player that can only be fixed by restarting the console.
jax stays out after ground pound and does 1-2 more.
versus search screen will often not show menu options after declining or fighting and the game needs to be restarted.
got stuck in "finish him" sequence unable to do anything, supposedly after opponent disconnected. needed to restart

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
Had a weird one happen where two moves interacted badly and the camera wasnt centered any more lol

Voices seemed to be played back at 1/2 speed. Gameplay was fine.
In the teahouse, after a fatal blow attempt the lighting stays dark, characters shadowed.

Benlo

PrayforSareena
A bug I already got 6 or 7 times :

When I choose "back to main menu" at the end of a fight, I got the main screen, but no menu or options. I have to close the game myself on the console, then restart it.

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
Johnny Cage's HB with nut punch is screwy sometimes. I had Johnny Cage nut punch me from nearly half a screen away after a dropped combo

Bugs

Had a freeze happen to me on the win-pose screen. There was no indication that it was my opponent disconnecting, but it could have been. Had to restart the game

Netcode

In general the delay seems to be way more than the ping would suggest.

Feedback

Give me a "ping" sound when I'm matched with an opponent please, so I don't fail to notice I'm leaving someone waiting if I'm not just staring at matchmaking loading

Positive Feedback

I love that the game remembers my last character/assist combo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Twice I have specifically hit Johnny Cage in the Cage mirror as the first hit of the match and the sound has went out for the rest of the match. Can't remember the move.

The New UpBlock:

So in the stress test, there was a glitch that allowed you to reduce the recovery frames of your upblock by 15-20 frames. The input that allowed this glitch was removed, and now, instead, this glitched version of Upblock has been added as a new feature.

To do the new Upblock, just lightly tap up
The original Upblock is still in the game (I dont know why), to do the old Upblock, press and continue to hold up. Your arms will eventually fall.

The input that caused the Upblock glitch in the stress test still has another use that hasn't been fixed yet. It's also been modified:
Hold down on the dpad, then Up on the analog stick at the same time, and you will Upblock
Now in the beta, it has been modified. Now you can hold down on the analog, and Up on the dpad at the same time, and you will Upblock.

Ill post some more after I finish testing other things tomorrow.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The New UpBlock:

So in the stress test, there was a glitch that allowed you to reduce the recovery frames of your upblock by 15-20 frames. The input that allowed this glitch was removed, and now, instead, this glitched version of Upblock has been added as a new feature.

To do the new Upblock, just lightly tap up
The original Upblock is still in the game (I dont know why), to do the old Upblock, press and continue to hold up. Your arms will eventually fall.

The input that caused the Upblock glitch in the stress test still has another use that hasn't been fixed yet. It's also been modified:
Hold down on the dpad, then Up on the analog stick at the same time, and you will Upblock
Now in the beta, it has been modified. Now you can hold down on the analog, and Up on the dpad at the same time, and you will Upblock.

Ill post some more after I finish testing other things tomorrow.
Interesting. I probably can’t test this because my left analog on my PS5 controller is messed up. It’ll randomly phase up and get stuck there without me every even touching it. So I’ll definitely either need to get it fixed or get a new one before the full game comes out. But this is interesting.

Honestly speaking of which, I wish that they could/would add an option that allowed you to disable the analog or dpad.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feedback

Give me a "ping" sound when I'm matched with an opponent please, so I don't fail to notice I'm leaving someone waiting if I'm not just staring at matchmaking loading
I wonder, since they have added accessibility options for the hearing impaired, if there’s an option in there that’d help with this.

Speaking of the accessibility options, it’s awesome that they got Rattlehead and Superblindman to be accessibility consultants for MK1

Quite a few times i've had the "this profile is being used by another player, try a different profile" even though it's only ever been used on the one console.

Same issue as MK11, with quick resume game loses connection to WB servers and can't create a new connection, so need to restart the game.

+1 to that. MK11 had one, but even that could have been more prominent.

Two more freezes happened both appearing to happen when an opponent tries to disconnect immediately following the match.

It leaves me at the title screen with just the background showing. I need to restart the game to get it working again

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
These happened a few times so far
  • Freeze when opponent rage quits
  • Freeze when I pressed next opponent

projectzero00

nomnomnom
Not really a bug more so feedback, but the AI on very easy is doing the most. Trying to lab is really hard when the AI is constantly doing combos, breakers and Kameo assists. And similarly it's not doing anything remarkable on very hard either. Think this definitely needs scaling.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
Specials should have priority over assist calls. Doing special+assist gives you a normal instead of the special. Feels awful atm.
Yes, I have release check off and have tried every special buffer length and none of them fix the problem.

Someone rage quit as I hit a Frost throw that ended the match so at first I thought Id found a brutality, but Liu Kang was against an invisible wall with a bunch of bones underneath him but his body was still intact.

Also the audio apart from voice lines, music and screams cut out yesterday and didnt come back until I restarted, let it rock for a bit because it was funny

frosts ground ice sometimes goes right through standing sub zeros feet after he made an ice clone. had this happen 2 times.