What's new

MK1 Bugs & Glitches Report and Feedback

molambo

(X ౪ X )
Based Ona bunch of streams I have watched the netcode seems to have issues with a bunch of rollbacks and due to that stuttering enemy's.

How was your experience so far?

Not really a bug more so feedback, but the AI on very easy is doing the most. Trying to lab is really hard when the AI is constantly doing combos, breakers and Kameo assists. And similarly it's not doing anything remarkable on very hard either. Think this definitely needs scaling.
I'm playing Klassic Towers myself, on Hard, and either I've become better as a player overall or this is the easiest "Hard" AI since Mortal Kombat (2011). They're very vulnerable to jump kicks.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Someone just rage quit on me and it showed they quit, but my screen was stuck on the Kenshi win pose so I had to close/reopen the game.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I'm still getting accidental specials triggered when walking back and forth trying to outspace normals and i'm using input window on short.

The game special register window is too large for my liking even on shorter window, and i'm using a stick with a dead zone, hopefully this gets noticed and fixed before release, otherwise it will prevent me to use some characters in the game, or even make me lose interest overall, in any case, i've put this on the bug reporting just in case

Mortal Kombat 1 - Pre-Order Beta : Input Window (Short) still triggering specials unintended (wbgames.com)

I'm still getting accidental specials triggered when walking back and forth trying to outspace normals and i'm using input window on short.

The game special register window is too large for my liking even on shorter window, and i'm using a stick with a dead zone, hopefully this gets noticed and fixed before release, otherwise it will prevent me to use some characters in the game, or even make me lose interest overall, in any case, i've put this on the bug reporting just in case

Mortal Kombat 1 - Pre-Order Beta : Input Window (Short) still triggering specials unintended (wbgames.com)
li mei is very annoying when you get bf4 instead of f4. low mixup? nope, full kombo punish.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter

Something kinda similar to this (well not really, but it’s related to the special move properties) is with Sub, he can do multiple of his EX ground freezes in a combo. But I’ve noticed if you do it too quickly in succession it doesn’t work. For instance F12 EX DF4, if after the EX DF4 you immediately go for another F12 EX DF4, the DF4 aka ground freeze doesn’t even come out. So you have to slightly pause before doing it again, which is super strange. Idk if that is a bug or intentional

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Something kinda similar to this (well not really, but it’s related to the special move properties) is with Sub, he can do multiple of his EX ground freezes in a combo. But I’ve noticed if you do it too quickly in succession it doesn’t work. For instance F12 EX DF4, if after the EX DF4 you immediately go for another F12 EX DF4, the DF4 aka ground freeze doesn’t even come out. So you have to slightly pause before doing it again, which is super strange. Idk if that is a bug or intentional
Maybe they have a cooldown like UMK3? i really hope this comes back, it would sort a lot of the infinities problems as well.

smaddy

I'm your huckleberry
I definitely got a stuttering issue, on 2 separate occasions. Both times it was triggered by either myself or my opponent using a breaker. A breaker would happen, the game would almost like zoom out a bit and after that the match would be super "stuttery". Only happened twice, but definitely both times happened after a breaker.

Also had one issue where I lost all game audio except for character voices in between rounds. So no music, no sound FX, etc. Just in between round 1 and 2 or 2 and 3 the winning character would say their taunt, that was the only audio.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
is there a bug where JAX cameo can spam his ground pound? I saw a youtube video where he did the ground pound and stayed out a bit and did it again.
maybe it's like his throw and it can be amplified?

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
Had a lot of graphical bugs. The dynamic camera on Cage Mansion would zoom out so far you could see the fourth wall of his house.

Maybe not a bug, but does anyone else feel like throw tech recovery is just way too long? I could not tell when I could actually start acting and a lot of times it would eat my inputs. The buffer window itself is way too short on everything

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but I was disappointed to see that Subby's freeze bug during the FINISH HIM/HER STILL hasn't been fixed. Basically the game doesn't take into account the fact that it slows down on the death hit, and it takes that time away from you after the freeze. By the time they actually get frozen, you can't convert with b2.

(68) 8 21 2023 6 00 35 PM dnxkw3ms - YouTube

It was the same way in MK11 throughout its entire lifespan, and will probably the case in this one too

D

Deleted member 59910

clone has a 4 second cooldown from the moment you create it.
Do you know if Johnny’s Shadow Dash has a cooldown too? I wasn’t able to repeat the move in successive times. I changed my controllers and blamed the game input window, but maybe I’m unaware of a mechanic…

Less than than 10 hours passed since the Beta ended but I'm already seeing so many stupid takes about it. My favorite is Kameo Jax is bad because you are not able to extend combos the way you can with Frost and Kano so there's no point to pick him and some kameos will be like him. Kameo Jax is for setups and corner pressure and needs more lab work than Kano and Frost who are easy to pick compared to Jax. But with the proper timing you can extend combos with him. Out of the 4 available kameos in the beta I like Jax as a character the most and I barely used him and didn't pick him once online because I needed other things for my gameplay. I know it sucks when you like a character and he/she plays nothing like you want him/her to but Mortal Kombat is a fighting game where your main aim is to deplete the opposition's health bar. You either pick the right kameo for it or you put the effort in to make the one you like work.

Interestingly I didn't run into issues for a long time, I think one of my early breakers was glitchy a bit visually but on Day 3 and 4 I experienced glitchy throws and that weird shrinking character bug quite a few times.

Agilaz

It has begun
Less than than 10 hours passed since the Beta ended but I'm already seeing so many stupid takes about it. My favorite is Kameo Jax is bad because you are not able to extend combos the way you can with Frost and Kano so there's no point to pick him and some kameos will be like him. Kameo Jax is for setups and corner pressure and needs more lab work than Kano and Frost who are easy to pick compared to Jax. But with the proper timing you can extend combos with him. Out of the 4 available kameos in the beta I like Jax as a character the most and I barely used him and didn't pick him once online because I needed other things for my gameplay. I know it sucks when you like a character and he/she plays nothing like you want him/her to but Mortal Kombat is a fighting game where your main aim is to deplete the opposition's health bar. You either pick the right kameo for it or you put the effort in to make the one you like work.

Interestingly I didn't run into issues for a long time, I think one of my early breakers was glitchy a bit visually but on Day 3 and 4 I experienced glitchy throws and that weird shrinking character bug quite a few times.
I started with Li Mei/Frost but tried Jax during the last two days, he's hella fun but definitely takes more work to use properly compared to Frost.

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but I was disappointed to see that Subby's freeze bug during the FINISH HIM/HER STILL hasn't been fixed. Basically the game doesn't take into account the fact that it slows down on the death hit, and it takes that time away from you after the freeze. By the time they actually get frozen, you can't convert with b2.

(68) 8 21 2023 6 00 35 PM dnxkw3ms - YouTube

It was the same way in MK11 throughout its entire lifespan, and will probably the case in this one too
I had a similar issue with Kitana in the Beta with Fan-Nado; the second hit will count as the KO hit once the opponent has no health left.