What's new

Mistaken. All of You.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I mean sure, if an area has none of Bane's bad matchups present, or the players playing his bad matchups aren't that strong/don't run into him then it's entirely possible for him to win. The US just has lots of people playing Superman/Black Adam/Batman/GL shutting down weaker characters that have to work hard against those characters. Having a Bane in grand finals doesn't prove that Europe is weaker or stronger than the US, or that they are more knowledgeable/better. It just means a Bane made it to grand finals, over a strong character that most would expect to see from most scenes.
You should come to EVO and take all our money then. Cause right now all I see over there is Banes in grand finals.
Its funny because BA-Bane is a worse MU than Superman-Bane and yet Mustard bodies out perfectly good BAs like he belts out Viking death metal. Likewise, didn't Max get like 2nd in Chicago with some big names present? Looks like America has Bane in their GF too, soooo yeah. :p

Also, GL isn't a bad MU for Bane. I was convinced once, but I got over it. Batman is a 6-4 at worst, Superman is a very debatable 7-3 and could be 6-4 but I'd rather wait for the patch before talking the numbers. BA is a 2-8, somewhat debatable 3-7.

As to REO's character... he is probably going the CD Jr. route and using Batgirl because she's one of those Spanish Inquisition characters.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Its funny because BA-Bane is a worse MU than Superman-Bane and yet Mustard bodies out perfectly good BAs like he belts out Viking death metal. Likewise, didn't Max get like 2nd in Chicago with some big names present? Looks like America has Bane in their GF too, soooo yeah. :p

Also, GL isn't a bad MU for Bane. I was convinced once, but I got over it. Batman is a 6-4 at worst, Superman is a very debatable 7-3 and could be 6-4 but I'd rather wait for the patch before talking the numbers. BA is a 2-8, somewhat debatable 3-7.
I brought up those characters without meaning to imply they were only bad for Bane, but that they were difficult for weaker characters in general. Their toolset is often overwhelming for the weaker characters who have more obvious weaknesses.

I'm sure after reading my post you could probably figure out what I'd say about the US having a Bane in grand finals of a tournament as well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I brought up those characters without meaning to imply they were only bad for Bane, but that they were difficult for weaker characters in general. Their toolset is often overwhelming for the weaker characters who have more obvious weaknesses.

I'm sure after reading my post you could probably figure out what I'd say about the US having a Bane in grand finals of a tournament as well.
Yeah, I could guess. You're one of the few super-neutral people I see around which is a pretty glaring contrast to myself, but I can respect it. As to your point about the weaker character, yeah universally the "weaker" character are there because of those upper tiers, but when I think of Bane "weak" doesn't come to mind.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Superman and Black Adam are by far the two best characters in the game.

Only under appreciated characters I could see truly emerging after the patch are Nightwing, Wonderwoman, Flash, and Bane.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
It's hard to say honestly considering how most players don't even know how to fight Black Adam yet.

To be perfectly honest, so far I've only seen Aris, REO and that KOF guy play the matchup properly. Almost everyone else is approaching it wrong.
I just jump around like an idiot throwing out j2's, is this the right way because it works better than being careful and staying on the ground for me.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
I say Lex Shazam or Joker.

It's not bane, bane players think bane is s tier.

It's not lobo, we know how reo feels about Lobo.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
If you have a Bane in grand finals, your scene doesn't play any top tier characters, or is extremely outclassed by that Bane player. Not sleeping on the character, just being realistic to the fact that he has some unwinnable match ups. Keep in mind I say this as a Doomsday main.
I understand that Bane has difficult matchups.

However, do NOT discredit our scene as a whole just because Mustard put the work required into having a phenomenal Bane. He made top 3 at the Insomnia invitational, beating other good players along the way. Losing only to me and Foxy.

It spits in the face of anyone that manages to be really good with a mid tier character if you only win because "lol the other players must be shit then".

I don't see anybody discrediting Tyrant or his scene because he puts the work into getting results with Grundy. So don't apply double standards please.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It can't be Hawkgirl wtf!

I am 99% sure it's Wonder Woman :) Also i am SURE that she will become #1 after the patch since she will be untouched while Black Adam & Superman are getting HUGE nerfs. Just wait :)

Also Hawkgirl is both 5-5 with Adam & Superman but she has 2 3-7 match ups and some 4-6 so.. No :)