What's new

Mileena General Discussion

Puchi

Noob
I know that a lot of Spanish-speaking people still play the game, I'm leaving the guide here in case it's useful for them. :):)

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Anyone else has the same issue as me whenever they combo into EX ball roll where the 2nd part of the hit whiffs when she tries stabbing them in the feet? I had to change up my juggles just so I wouldn't be afraid of them dropping mid set. It almost made me drop her. It happens both midscreen & in the corner.

REYTHEGREAT

Not patch-related, or even sure if it's new, just wanted to share some Lao sauce with Teleport in case anyone wants to get away from the Low Hat spam for a bit lol.

What are you pressing to get that hit to come out when he teleports her? I just get a regular teleport

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Mileena/lao still very much alive imo

Her normal damage unchanged, only scorpion kameo got nerfed to why people saying her damage dropped.

With the air sai to charged low hat hard to blockable whats changed there is if try loop it a 2nd time after 1st hits it will always be a low 1st cause of hat auto releasing.
And she csnt loop it a 3rd time at all now(dunno why would really but its not possible now either way)

Shame 12 still -15 on flawless block.
Maybe next patch lol

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Anyone else has the same issue as me whenever they combo into EX ball roll where the 2nd part of the hit whiffs when she tries stabbing them in the feet? I had to change up my juggles just so I wouldn't be afraid of them dropping mid set. It almost made me drop her. It happens both midscreen & in the corner.
Yup, its still happening. I almost lost a round on KL last night cause of this

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
I'm gonna have to properly test the viability out when I have time over the weekend, but I think Up Tele is low-key slept on as a projectile punish when you're at about 3/4 to full screen. Unlike Roll, Up Tele's low-profile properties seem to kick in pretty quickly, so she can duck under the projectile and punish the opponent during their recovery frames. You need to be pretty fast and basically react as soon as you see the start-up animation for their attack, which is why I want to test this out in real matches, but it feels possible if you're locked in and expecting it, especially against projectile-happy characters like Reiko.

This is a quick vid showing what I'm talking about:

So, I put together a list of characters that Up Tele can basically punish on reaction. Some punishes are easier to pull off than others, and there's even a few where Roll is the better option, but virtually every character with a projectile is vulnerable to it in some fashion. A potential 37% punish against someone throwing out a projectile feels too good to ignore, so I pray to Boon this turns out to be a viable tactic.

KITANA (Air Fan & Fancy Flick only. Regular Fan Toss recovers too quickly for consistent punishes)
TANYA (Up Tele is a possible punish. Roll is more reliable)
SUB-ZERO
REPTILE (Use Roll instead)
BARAKA
SHANG TSUNG (Double & Triple Fireball Only)
SINDEL (Up Tele can catch Air Hairball and Low Hairball. Roll can catch regular Hairball.)
RAIN
REIKO
RAIDEN
LIU KANG

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
So I might have been really slow on this as I never knew until today that you can buffer dash out of Roll. Unsure if it will change combo routes much but by messing around a little bit I have found the following:

12 xx Roll xx dash, j22, dash, j122 xx db2 - 34%

12 xx Roll xx dash, 4, microdash 4 xx Fatal Blow - 51%

F34 xx Roll xx dash, 4, microdash 4 xx Fatal Blow - 54%

video below of just the Fatal Blow combos

Felipe_Gewehr

Twinktile
Kung Lao still the move or no?
I think Scorpion and Lao are the best for Mileena, for different reasons. Stryker is also a good pick, but I don't see any reason to use him over Lao, who provides the same thing (safety on mixups) at lower recharge rates.

Scorpion is for massive damage and nothing else, Lao is for every string being PLUS on block and safe teleports across the screen. His synergy with Mileena is, right now, to good to pass up over other kameos.

FoughtDragon01

I don't know why it took me so long to realize that 12 kinda has godly spacing to bait out D1s to whiff punish. There are so few people online punishing the gap that I started using it in my general gameplan and, holy shit, does it work wonders. 12 on block, very slight walk back, and punish with F1.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think Scorpion and Lao are the best for Mileena, for different reasons. Stryker is also a good pick, but I don't see any reason to use him over Lao, who provides the same thing (safety on mixups) at lower recharge rates.

Scorpion is for massive damage and nothing else, Lao is for every string being PLUS on block and safe teleports across the screen. His synergy with Mileena is, right now, to good to pass up over other kameos.
I made a long post about how Stryker really helps Mileena

1) grenades hits twice so you can throw it out on their wakeup and just start poking, this even beats haviks armor after grenades hits twice, 12 mileena roll

2) after 12, strykers assists are both plus on block (low and overhead) so even if they guess right ur still plus. Overhead is a stupid good +6 on block

KL is a great kameo but I really like Stryker better

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I dont like the scorpion kameo the same reason I don't like sareena: imo, she doesnt need the extra damage. A simple basic combo off 12 ending in F4 is 314, thats very solid damage and oki.

Ultimately depends how u play but I like keeping my pressure with mileena going and I feel with sareena/scorpion its too go hard go home for my taste

FoughtDragon01

Oh, no, these Kombat League peeps ain't ready for Mileena/Darrius. They ain't used to Low Sai leading to 35%. They ain't used to 21 1+3 leading to 40-46%. They ain't used to 60% Fatal Blow combos because Mileena just doesn't like health bars lol.

I don't even care if he's not that good, my man's is just too damn fun to resist lol. Abandon Low Hat, embrace the Kick.

FoughtDragon01

Okay, he might still be fresh, but I think Tremor has potential to be a real solid kameo for Mileena. Even though we lose out on Low Hat--which is a pretty big deal, I won't lie--he amplifies her up close game in a way that not many kameos can, and it's all thanks to his ambushes.

I've mostly been focusing on Aftershock since that scratches the unga-bunga part of my brain the most, and also because it lets Mileena combo off of shit that she normally can't for 50/50s that are also safe on block if the opponent doesn't mash between the gap.

This is a list of stuff I've found after my short time labbing this team so far:

50/50 off of 12 or 1xxLow Sai:

50/50 off of 21 1+3 or 21xxLow Sai:

And if they do guess right, Up Rock Punch and Ground Pound both leave you +11 on block at point blank, assuming they don't mash out of it, so enjoy that gimmick while it lasts lol.

Full combo off of armored reversal (Call Tremor at the fourth slash):

Full combo off of 12 1+3 (Call Tremor at around the first stab of 1+3):

Full combo off of back throw (Call Tremor right before Mileena leaves the ground):

Now, some of these are better than others due to the kameo cost, but even then, the cooldown doesn't feel that bad. About 20 seconds to get the full bar back, which is way better than Darrius' 30 seconds on his Tornado Kick. I dunno, I still think Lao overall is better, but I do think Tremor has his place if you're looking for a more aggressive, 50/50 heavy playstyle.

Last edited:
Im a smoke and i have a beef set with a mileena scorp to play, if anyone is down to share knowledge i will show how to f my character up to reciprocate-psn shaolingunfu

Im a smoke and i have a beef set with a mileena scorp to play, if anyone is down to share knowledge i will show how to f my character up to reciprocate-psn shaolingunfu
I can help you tomorrow afternoon if that's not too late for your beef set, I just so happen to need more labbing w smoke and idk anyone who plays him haha

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Had to add a character or two to supplement her as it was getting a bit frustrating fighting some people with her over time. Though in this game she's still lurking as my main but I'm wondering what'll happen if they "kill" Lao. I never liked scorp that much for her since she does decent damage on her own. I started out as Mileena/Sektor and still like the team but Mileena/Lao seems to be her most threatening combination. I did note I'm having a little trouble with opponents who either "run" from me too much or just overextend and basically "randomly" mash on stuff.

So I'm wondering an figured I'd look at my current play style, how do you guys handle her neutral game? I do ok but struggle in random bursts. The lack of full screen projectile throws me off a little too on occasion but I also play Ashrah though hers travels a little further and is actually PLUS on block.

I can't help but keep coming back to Mileena though lol. My only slight complaints about her (taking away any kameo factor) is the sai range, and how in theory most everything she does is unsafe including 12 with the flawless block gap (which I noticed lately a lot more people I fight are exploiting). And that for a character "appears" to be built to be a bit evasive and short ranged/aggro her frames are mad low up close.