Good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Nein

Votes: 29 63.0%

• Total voters

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I think this might have been suggested before, but I'd really like to see this with the possible gameplay changes we're gonna get with KP2.

I think this game could really use a new mechanic, a MB backdash, which goes double the distance of a regular backdash, has more invincibility, and maybe a little less recovery, in exchange for a bar of regular meter or an additional bar of stamina.

Since half the strings and normals catch backdashes without actually intending to scout them, I think it would this would be very useful and would buff the defense aspect of the game.

Opinions?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm pretty sure I saw a status update within the past 6 hours saying MB backdash as a suggestion lol

Yeah I think it would be pretty good but I haven't thought of how it would change the meta or if it would be too good or anything. Just initially it seems good to me.

No. In a game that requires resources to back dash they should be better.

GTFO if I think a back dash should cost fricken meter too.

scarsunseen

Miley Cyrax®
How about if a MB Backdash cost one bar of meter but let you keep your bar of stamina? I think that would be an interesting change. Could make footsies and spacing much more interesting.

Spencer

Always Training
No BRUH the only Idea I think should be implemented is 1 bar block breaker which is almost the same thing.

I GUESS YALL FORGOT ABOUT ZONING CHARACTERS.

Zoning characters would become top tier you would never get chance to touch them.

Think about Quan chi building meter throwing projectiles and when you get close MB back dashing.
When you if you get him in the corner all he has to do is somehow get you in a trance then use that time to run away.

I GET frustrated just thinking about it.

Don't forget the other characters to FULL AUTO J
KITANA
The Predator

Such a Headache.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Backdashes take 1/4 to 1/3 of a bar. Maybe make some better somehow. Would be a small step in making defense more than just waiting through plus frames and guessing 50/50s. Personally, I don't think a defensive minded player could make it in MKx.

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
I think this might have been suggested before, but I'd really like to see this with the possible gameplay changes we're gonna get with KP2.

I think this game could really use a new mechanic, a MB backdash, which goes double the distance of a regular backdash, has more invincibility, and maybe a little less recovery, in exchange for a bar of regular meter or an additional bar of stamina.

Since half the strings and normals catch backdashes without actually intending to scout them, I think it would this would be very useful and would buff the defense aspect of the game.

Opinions?
Mileena's would just look silly if she goes double distance, but im for it

Gamer68

Fujin!
Nah, just make dashes take 1/4 of stamina instead of 1/2. Anyway, I kinda doubt we will be getting gameplay changes anyway, to be honest. It's not really something NRS has done in the past and I think they will continue that "trend" (if you want to call it that) in MKX. Would be cool to see gameplay changes though.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
so give everyone mileenas ex fade away?? :DOGE
This is basically where it's at, and it would be a massive buff to characters with fast really long distance advancings for whiff punishing. Basically, Cassie, Reptile, Predator, Tanya,

Kotal would be on this list but his backdash is trash I don't think it would be useable even doubled.

Master of Souls and Jin might be on this list too which could be a small positive, but their space control into combo is much slower so wouldn't be as good and would only catch the longer strings. Wouldn't offset that the ones who benefit the most are already mostly top 5 or top 10.

I say no, but i think it is a good idea in general but to be implemented now would need to come with fixes to help rebalance the already titled mets that will be tipped further by this change

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Weve talked about this and I did post the question on my status a while back but I believe adding a hit of armor after the invincibility would be fine. So characters with multi-hitting strings can still pressure and breakthrough but it could scout out pokes and rekkas.