What's new

Maybe its just me...

NightwingDayZero

Truth, justice and the American way.
Why do anything else with Batman when you can do b23 and bats?

B23 is not a true block string. You can jump out of the ground explosion after Batman plants the batarangs at your feet. Often times this can full combo punish your opponent given how accustomed to abusing this string they can be.

There is more to this game than a lot of you are giving credit to. Whether its because you don't have the inclination to explore your options or your strong bias against the new franchise - you're leaving a lot on the table.

People will enjoy what they want to enjoy. I'm not here to change any opinions.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't like it as much as I had hoped to, but I'll still play it over MK. I liked MK9, of course, but I still enjoy IGAU quite a bit more.

Sort of odd, since no characters in IGAU have clicked with me like Sektor did, but I guess the overall system of MK9 was just too much of a downer in some respects.

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
"Sees power char on meteopolis throwing unblockable / huge hitbox against a gadget/acrobat char"

Nice footsies bro....
Everyone has armor, the drones move back and forth. A lesser skilled player won't put the better player in that situation as easily and as often as high level player would. Beginners, in every game, will always be predictable, even with the apparent random or luck-based elements.

Death

Noob
I hear ya Scar. Its cool and fun in its own way but it def panders to the casual crowd which is okay. The most frustrating part about Injustice is the lack of footsie game and making good reads doesnt seem to get you where you need to be. Honestly whats the point in even playing footsies. Just jump. It beats out most AAs with the exception of a couple (GL etc) This game lets you get away with murder.

I think AAs need to have more priority than jump ins. It would make people play more footsies and players would need to learn how to open people up by baiting and whiff punishing.

Interactables need to be banned. We tried it out and it just isnt working. They are just too random and are game changers which they shouldnt be. They give players with less skill a chance to come back. How many times have players worked hard for their damage than the other player just jumped around grabbed an interactable and got 20% back.

YOLO clashes. The clash system needs to be addressed as well.

Walk speed, no dash blocking is okay and can stay. I know alot of players want that changed.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I will be one to admit I had a little more fun with MK than I did with Injustice....

Injustice is just newer, and everyone dropped MK for Injustice. We all know everything about MK, there is still a ton to find out about Injustice. That's why everyone is on Injustice right now. But LBSH. If Mortal Kombat 9 got a patch tomorrow, where they nerfed the top 5 characters, buffed the bottom 15 characters, fixed meter drain glitch, fixed input bug, fixed other miscellaneous glitches, and balanced the game out pretty nicely....... everyone and their mom would be playing Mortal Kombat lol. Injustice is fun, but MK will always be my favorite no matter what. It's always been that way ever since I was little.

Also another one of my gripes is that: you can't really train and be prepared for everything in Injustice. In MK9, yeah Kenshi is powerful, yeah Kabal is powerful, yeah Cyrax is powerful, but still... you can prepare yourself for these match-ups and with enough training you can overcome them. The stage selection in MK9 really doesn't matter that much, they are just different lengths. But still, not a huge difference. In Injustice, you can't train yourself for a random level selection in tournament. You can't train yourself to be ready for somebody to counter-pick you with Metropolis rooftop and take out 80% of your life with interactables. In MK9 you could train for everything. In Injustice, I feel like alot of lucky wins can occur that you just COULDN'T prepare yourself for

Hobozzzx

Up the Irons!!!
Definitely like MK9 more, it's not even close. The amount of stupid shit in Injustice makes me cry at times, especially how much fucking jumping there is. I'd rather deal with MK9's "laggy" online than Injustice and all the fucking YOLO moves.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
B23 is not a true block string. You can jump out of the ground explosion after Batman plants the batarangs at your feet. Often times this can full combo punish your opponent given how accustomed to abusing this string they can be.

There is more to this game than a lot of you are giving credit to. Whether its because you don't have the inclination to explore your options or your strong bias against the new franchise - you're leaving a lot on the table.

People will enjoy what they want to enjoy. I'm not here to change any opinions.
I feel as if you missed my point...

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Initially I didn't enjoy Injustice. I had to force myself to play the game even when I wasn't having fun. Then I discovered Deathstroke and just shot guns like it was a first person shooter lol. I had a blast pissing off my opponent, but I already feel "blah" about the game again. I think it's a mix of a few things. First of all, the interactable are fucked. Some of the hitboxes are wanky and it's really causing some problems with stage selection in tournament play. Next up is the clash system. As a whole it's a pretty neat idea, but everytime I have to watch the animation now I just sigh. Same thing goes with stage transitions. The animation is way too long and was a concern with most players before the game even came out. Finally it's the way footsies are used in this game. In most fighting games it's about whiff punishing and pushing your opponent into the corner. Well, not in this game. Some characters can whiff punish really well(Superman) but others have t rex arms or something. Also, on most stages you WANT to be in the corner. Footsies in this game is battling for position next to the interactable, which does way too much damage imo.

With that being said, this game has done some things right. Hit trades are a huge plus for me because I found myself constantly being annoyed from it in MK9. The training mode is legit. In game frame data is brilliant(even though it's wrong). Back to block is a huge + for me too. It's sad I had to force myself to like this game by playing like a cheap asshole. Even now I'm losing enjoyment. I'm playing SFIV a lot more now. Imagine Injustice without interactables or stage transitions. Isn't it already a little better in your head? Some of this thing can be fixed in patches if they decide to, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Big Frog

Noob
Already sold it back a few weeks a go.

I tried to give it a good run because I've been a MK junkie my whole life, so I wanted to give NRS a chance. Couldn't get into it. If Swamp Thing would have made it I probably would of enjoyed it more, but I just got sick of it. I can't stand most of the characters (I've always hated guys like Superman, Green Lantern, etc), and the ones I do enjoy like Bane and Grundy weren't doing it for me.

I'm waiting for MK 10.

PeeJaeys

Sabi
Im sorry, I think they went overboard with a lot of things. The same way they needlessly added the tag mode in MK9. These interactables ruin it for me. I'm more of purist. Your skill against mine. Not your lucky player position right above the damn interactable that's about to hit me kind of crap. I like injustice but, not the way I loved mk.

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I would like to state this whole "lack of anti air" thing is dumb though. I play DS and sword flip or neutral jump 3 are great anti airs. Do other characters lack such tools?

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
IMO I'd rather deal with the lack of consistent oki and pressure after a knock down in MK, than be bored half to death playing Injustice. :p
Didn't we already talk about this Digi? lol ... I love MK, but Injustice is just better to me.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
I completely agree along the lines of punishing...it was easier in mk9 because the spacing was better...imo

Zephyrus

TYM resident party pooper
honestly I can see why some of you are saying what you are.

That this game is not as interesting as MK.

This coming from pro MK players... well no shit.

This game is entirely different from MK. This game is closer to Marvel than it is to MK and frankly I'm not seeing any of you playing marvel. Or SF. Or any game that isn't MK or made by NRS.

The game is good. It's great actually. Frankly, TO's should disable interactibles. They're not good and can scrub out a match. Especially if they respawn.

Some of you are saying the game lacks footsies... no it doesn't. It has them. Problem is they are basically rendered worthless if someone can scrub out with an interactible.

This game has the smartest meter management of any game out there.

Sure, jump ins are a problem in this game because many AA suck. But other than that? A better game than MK in everything and certainly more enjoyable to watch than MK.

Know what game doesn't have good footsies? MK. Footsies are made so you can get in or out of certain situations and doing them in wrong ones can lead to devastating results. In MK? Dash block, dash block.
MK is fundamentaly broken. That is why some characters that can exploit the system problems, dominate it.

I honestly want to see capcom, tekken, anime guys pick up this game (and many are) and dominate it and make it a main event in tournaments.

Because the MK community will not do it. The MK community is a crying and quitting community. Nothing more apparent than the deathstroke drama. A great character that was dropped by many because he's "unplayable after the nerfs". Well Slips sure proved you wrong, didn't he?

This is the community that cries about cross ups and how scrubby they are and I've seen many say this on this forum. Cross ups... no wonder you don't play anything other than MK. No block button here huh...

Big Frog

Noob
Also, I'm not even a comic guy and I don't even understand this Season Pass selection of DLC. Lobo...ok I get that, but they totally lost me with Batgirl. I didn't buy the Season Pass, but was thinking about getting it if MMH, Static, Swampy, Power Girl would of been in. I honestly don't understand it.

Roko1985

Put down the controller and run!
I really don't see myself playing this game 2 years from now like with Mk9. What about you guys??
Maybe it's because I'm more of a Mk fan than a dc one. Game can be fun at times. But lBSH there's a lot of bullshit in it too.

I feel with the lack of Anti airs, dashing in safely , unblock able interactables , Etc . One can get scrubed out more than in mk9. And even though they were bad chars in mk9, people could pull off wins with the right footsies, couterpoking , anti airs, and whiff punishes.

I really hope new Mk is announced by the end of the year.
The two biggest problems.......#1 Bad wake up system. That makes people to want to knock you down and jump at you. Not like MK to do less damage, but to keep you standing. #2 Not be able to buffer during dash. That makes people to jump all the time to start a combo. Jumping fest! I don't play much MVC3, but I like how hast the game is. Dash in... combo( that is the only one thing I like about that game).

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Everyone has armor, the drones move back and forth. A lesser skilled player won't put the better player in that situation as easily and as often as high level player would. Beginners, in every game, will always be predictable, even with the apparent random or luck-based elements.
Oh lord. Armor won't save you. What you gonna do b3? Mb? Waste a bar and still take the damage? Lol. Acrobats and gadget chars can't throw the drones like power chars can. Ggs

Dizzy just said he won for the most part cus of bullshit, and he was fighting 16 bit

What players are you playing that you can stop them from getting interactables ?

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
You use JC... I mean NW why would you hate it? lol

Because I am still someones bitch when they can throw shit across the screen for free. lol

Honestly, there really should be a serious discussion about interactables. We need to decide if they are good for the community or not. That seems to be what this hinders upon.

It's a touchy subject still because the game is so new. As it stands tho, I feel transitions are fine, but the interactables themselves are way to unbalanced for the majority of the cast.

When you have stages that cater to zoning power characters you are facing a VERY large uphill battle.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
What do you expect when the game was made for scrubs? The game does not have Mortal Kombat's glitches, but the footsies and mix ups are astoundingly simple. You will not see any more simple footsies and mix ups in a modern fighting game. People made fun of "brain dead" Kenshi, yet every good character in this game is brain dead. I can describe their main strategy in two brief sentences.

Aquaman. Use b+1,3 for footsies. Use f+1,3 and f+1 xx Low Scoop as 50/50 mix up.

Batgirl. Use b+2,u+3 and b+1,2 as 50/50 mix up.

Batman. Activate and release trait. Do whatever you wish.

Black Adam. Zone with lightning and anti-zone with black magic and dive kicks. Also use dive kicks to emulate Bird Lao and run away.

Green Lantern. Use b+1,3 for footsies. Use f+3 and b+1,3 as 50/50 mix up.

Killer Frost. Use slide for footsies. Use f+3 and slide as 50/50 mix up.

Superman. f+2,3 xx super breath for footsies and lock down.

Just learn a combo or two and you are good to go.
What does Sinestro do in footsies? :p