What's new

[May 24, 2013] UFGT9: Guts (Road to EVO 2013) (Rosemont, Illinois)

Keits

Direktor
Visit http://ufgt.us/ for updated information feed and registration/hotel links.

Join us from May 24th to 26th of 2013 in Chicago, IL for the most inclusive tournament experience on the planet: Ultimate Fighting Game Tournament 9! While the previous installments were huge successes, we still have changes in store UFGT9, including an all new venue.

New Venue: Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare
Venue Features:
  • 15,300 sq/ft ballroom (up from a total of 6,000 sq/ft last year). This massive space will give you all the room you need to game with your friends, compete in our tournaments, or relax in the fun and games area.
  • Welcome to Chicago. Our venue is only one stop on the CTA Blue Line train from the O’Hare International Airport. Getting to us has never been easier or cheaper. If you are willing to walk a half mile from the CTA station to the hotel, it will only cost you $2.25 to ride the train. Additionally, the Blue Line train leads right into the heart of Chicago proper. If you want to be a tourist for a day or two, you are certain to love our new location.
  • Rooms are available at the special group rate of $79.99/night, only $10 more than in Northbrook. UFGT remains one of the cheapest tournament events you can attend.
  • Parking will be completely free for any guest staying overnight for UFGT9, and will be discounted to $10/day for everyone else attending.
  • The Crowne will offer a cash concession booth where you can get reasonably priced food and drink. No outside food or drink is allowed, but there are plenty of nearby places to eat just a short walk away.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments or tweet @KeitsSRK on twitter. Or, visit our thread on SRK.
Additionally, we have yet to settle on a theme or subtitle for UFGT9. If you have any suggestions, we’d love to hear them.

Game List -

With EVO’s game lineup announcement out of the way, we can finally release the game list for UFGT9. If your favorite game isn’t on the list, fear not! Community run side tournaments during finals Sunday are encouraged, and if you contact me, we’ll find you a time slot and space to gather and play through your bracket.
  • Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition ver 2012
  • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
  • Street Fighter x Tekken ver 2013
  • King of Fighters XIII
  • Mortal Kombat 9
  • Persona 4 Arena
  • Mystery Game Tournament ver 2013
  • Injustice
  • Divekick ver 2013
  • Soul Calibur V
  • Vampire Savior (aka Darkstalkers 3)
  • Vampire Hunter (aka Night Warriors: Darkstalkers Revenge)
We will make an announcement about which platform each title will be played on shortly, and we will make a decision about the EVO Player’s Choice title at the end of the month. Expect registration to go live the first week of February. Hotel booking is available right now.

Keits

Direktor
Also, please support Divekick, and play it with us when it releases.

Also, please decide as a group if you prefer Xbox or Ps3. From what I gather, the Xbox version is better, but Ps3 controller is preferred.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro

Also, please decide as a group if you prefer Xbox or Ps3. From what I gather, the Xbox version is better, but Ps3 controller is preferred.
With this being one of the only RTE events near the North East, I'll try my best to make it.

As far as system and controller, you hit the nail on the head. Xbox version is superior but most can't stand the Xbox DPad.

I look forward to UFGT9.

Delriach

Sindelly
From what I've experienced the biggest problems occur on fat PS3s. Last year me and 16bit were noticing the issue on those older models more than anything else.

I say stay on PS3 since that's what's being used at Evo.

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
From what I've experienced the biggest problems occur on fat PS3s. Last year me and 16bit were noticing the issue on those older models more than anything else.

I say stay on PS3 since that's what's being used at Evo.
Are you talking about the slow down during offline matches?

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Yeah. Throw a bunch of fans on screen. One of the models we were on had the problem. A different PS3 model didn't have the issue.
Then that makes sense, same thing happened in Pig's room and EVO when he was playing Ninj, the PS3 was one of the older models as well.

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Thinking about this, I would be in Rockford Illinois hopefully it's not your far

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Hype for this, last two years were both great. I hope to not go 0-2 in Mystery Game this year though :(

Also, if you feel strongly about which system to use please post up here. Heres some pros for each system:

XBOX:
Runs overall smoother, especially on problem stages (Most notorious offenders like Street and Hell are banned though)
No Kratos stage to mess with random stage for first match

PS3:
Most players used to the timing on this as it has been standard for EVO/MLG
The vast majority of pad players prefer this over Xbox

My vote is PS3. For all locals here we always play on PS3. From what I've seen the Xbox players are the minority as most of the offline players play on PS3 as to train for MLG and EVO. Also, for tight frame specific situations, like counterpoking or punishing small windows the different is noticable, and I would prefer not to have to switch to Xbox to train for a specific event (and it even may not be possible to have enough Xbox setups at our gatherings)

If you don't plan on attending though, talk about your preferred system elsewhere.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Thinking about this, I would be in Rockford Illinois hopefully it's not your far

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Hell if you're in Rockford I could drive you.(well...when I fully commit to going) I live like a half hour from there. Rockford to the venue would probably be an hour, give or take.

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
I plan on owning a converter by then, so it will not matter to me.

But I would say to stick to PS3. Also, would it be going too far to say to just use newer PS3 models? The PS3 Slims, for example? Or is that just too much?

Edit: Of course, I'm always willing to bring my PS3 Slim, Asus monitor, and copy of the game to be used as a station.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
Yeah. Throw a bunch of fans on screen. One of the models we were on had the problem. A different PS3 model didn't have the issue.

Forever King and I had this problem at Season's Beatings with the fat PS3s, we couldn't figure it out as stages like the Forest were having noticeable lag.

Tim Static

Adminerator

As you asked me via twitter, to get the discussion going on this, I support MK9 on Xbox 360. Yea the PS3 has its advantages, but the controller issue can't be a deciding factor anymore. In fact, if it still was, then Xbox 360 would be the console choice because the PS3 controller is still banned at Evo lol. But its 2013 and converters are readily available, and since UFGT9 is in May, this gives all players a ton of time to make sure they have the converter & controller they need, as well as getting a stick/hitbox for the correct console, or even dual modded (at the event im sure some modders will be in attendance too).

And this is coming from a person that has 2 PS3's, with each console having the downloaded version of MK9 from PSN. Sure Sony sponsors MLG & Evo, but that also doesn't mean every other event should suffer lol. But staying on PS3 makes sense, only from the point of view is why change now?

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Every time that I see a new post in this thread, my heart goes a-flutter.

But then I remember that this is still another four months away. And then I just get sad.