What's new

[May 18, 2013] East Coast Throwdown 5 (Morristown, NJ)

PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS IN 10 DAYS 9 HOURS 46 MINUTES!!!!!!!!

More hotel rooms have been added, but there is a condition attached! Since there are so few rooms left on Saturday, you can only book rooms for two days or more. So that would be Friday & Saturday (check out Sunday), Saturday & Sunday (check out Monday) or Friday-Sunday (check out Monday). I'm tyring to get Saturday-only rooms, but they won't be able to be discounted, I can almost guarantee that. If you need a room for Saturday only, I have listed other hotels in the area. You can reach the venue hotel from there via cab (shouldn't be more than $5, $10 at the absolute max). I'll let you guys know as soon as Saturday rooms are made available, but for those needing two or three day stays, go nuts!

www.ecthrowdown.com

tank u-gin this is what you were waiting for

All right.
Hotel - done
Tickets - done
I'll be at ECT-5 =)
Unfortunately, there is no straight flight direct to Newark EWR. I arrive at May 17th 15:20 (3:20 pm) in JFK. Very big thank you Johny!

What do you think how much will cost a cab from JFK to Hyatt Morristown?

Shock, please tell me that I will be allowed to use keyboard =) is this allowed?=) And in which day there will be a umk3 tournament? Saturday or Sunday? And whether will be in general?

Shock, please tell me that I will be allowed to use keyboard =) is this allowed?=) And in which day there will be a umk3 tournament? Saturday or Sunday? And whether will be in general?
He said your keyboard is allowed and UMK3 will be on Sunday.

As far as a cab from JFK to the hotel, I honestly couldn't tell you. It's 57 miles, so it can take almost 2 hours with traffic. I honestly couldn't tell you a price from Kennedy. I could suggest calling the hotel at +1 (973) 647-1234 and asking if they know of an estimated price for a cab.

He said your keyboard is allowed and UMK3 will be on Sunday.

As far as a cab from JFK to the hotel, I honestly couldn't tell you. It's 57 miles, so it can take almost 2 hours with traffic. I honestly couldn't tell you a price from Kennedy. I could suggest calling the hotel at +1 (973) 647-1234 and asking if they know of an estimated price for a cab.
ok i see! thank you!

We might changed Injustice to 360, just working on the logistics of it right now. Looks like I'm gonna start selling all these PS3's I have haha.

Tank, I'll check with Shock but we usually use the ROM that has the custom messages and H.Smoke and Noob unlocked.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Ewww Xbox :x

Does anyone need a room to stay in ??? Looking for 3-4 others guys that can chip in $40.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Few things:

4 AND A HALF HOURS LEFT TO REGISTER! www.ecthrowdown.com

There was some confusion about the bonus prize from One Frame Link. Here's a more clear explanation:

$2000 SF4
$2000 Marvel
$1000 Injustice

$1000 to the game that has the most entries, EXCLUDING SF4, Marvel, and Injustice. So that means MK9 could get it, KoF13, SCV, Persona, any other game except the 3 already getting the bonus prize from OFL.

Also, Injustice will be on Xbox 360 as mentioned on the front page and our social media accounts.

I'm doing my best to finalize the schedule this week.

Not sure if you guys have been following, but Injustice is the 3rd largest game that people registered for online. It's only short of Marvel by about 30 entrants. Excellent way to show support for this game guys, THIS is why this community fucking owns man.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Me and my bro wanna go SweetJohnnyCage Shock etc. The only problem is we are ps3 pad players. I have no problem with the tournament being run on 360, I was just not able to get a converter in time. Will there be converters available for rent or purchase at the venue? Thanks in advance.

Me and my bro wanna go SweetJohnnyCage Shock etc. The only problem is we are ps3 pad players. I have no problem with the tournament being run on 360, I was just not able to get a converter in time. Will there be converters available for rent or purchase at the venue? Thanks in advance.

I know folks are working with a particular converter maker and hoping to have a bunch in time for ECT. I'll check with Phil and Matt and get back to you.

SweetJohnnyCage what's the ruling on Lobo? UFGT ruled him out, which I personally agree with.
To be very honest, we're leaning on just allowing him unless something absolutely game-breaking comes from it. The game has only officially been out, what, 3 weeks? One of the main cast could be more broken than Lobo and we might not even know it.

Fidoskin

Noob
Hi. I was bought a fly tickets. Are someone have a slot for sleep in room? ^^
We have a Russian corps this time ^^

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
We ordered 6 more Cronus adapters, so we will have 10 for ECT5. I will test each of them Wednesday. We will also work on a deal with them so maybe we can do some kind of a giveaway of this adapter in the future.

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
We ordered 6 more Cronus adapters, so we will have 10 for ECT5. I will test each of them Wednesday. We will also work on a deal with them so maybe we can do some kind of a giveaway of this adapter in the future.
Awesome, so since I have no converter at the moment (will buy one for future events), I can have my ps3 controller and play? This is a big help to use ps3 users, so thanks.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Awesome, so since I have no converter at the moment (will buy one for future events), I can have my ps3 controller and play? This is a big help to use ps3 users, so thanks.
Yes, we'll also have a couple Xbox controllers available to sync the adapters.