What's new

Maximilian found a way to reduce LAG in MKX

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Don't you already pretty much have this option without needing a $200 router? You're in a room, sort by best ping, and then pretend that everyone that doesn't have 4 green bars by their name doesn't exist.

Am I missing something?
Yes, because those bars mean nothing. They don't give you an accurate portrayal of your connection in relation to your opponents. It simply tells you your opponent's connection strength to the server, but doesn't account for the connection between the two of you.

ExpiredCodes

The Yankees blew a 3-0 lead in the 2004 ALCS.
Don't you already pretty much have this option without needing a $200 router? You're in a room, sort by best ping, and then pretend that everyone that doesn't have 4 green bars by their name doesn't exist.

Am I missing something?
The ping bars lie a lot though. I've played games with people that have 1 bar and the matches are acceptable and I've had games with people who have 4 bars and it feels like there's a 5 second delay.

funkl3

Noob
I'm sitting here wondering if there's a way to apply this to my Asus RT-AC66U.... will have to find time to look and see

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Is there a purely software equivalent to this? I'll admit ignorance on the real nitty gritty of HOW all this shit works, but it *seems* to me that this would be possible from a software perspective, but, again, I'm ignorant of any technical knowledge here, so maybe it's way more complicated than that...

This gives me some hope that NRS will improve the online experience though. If not from the deep, core code standpoint that's really needed at least , perhaps, they could add an in-game version of the routers filter options.

The problem I have is that I play on PC and our MKX playerbase is already very weak, so after aggressive filtration.. There may be no one left,lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Are you using it to ban high ping matches?
yep check my posts, still no better... i mean a yellow connection is now a yellow connection, but there is still no exsistance of a green conection.. Green means low red connection.

red means "forgetabout it"
Yellow with Netduma/Lagbuster means yellow;)
Green is the new Red or low Yellow
Grey = FORGETABOUT IT

yes it does solve some connection issues.

but i figured that it wouldnt help, since my lagbuster didnt work on MKX, but works on every other game.

and no matter what router i used the only thing that changed on MKX was my ping test!

got the NetDuma which i call the MKX netdooma now. inside joke;)
and sadly it didnt help, still have Input Delay. I truly believe that NRS made this one unfixable? who knows?

MadeOfMetal

I tested the router in player matches only last night. I will test again in ranked and see how that goes. I realize now that the one big issue with xbox which is system I play on it is not region locked like the PS4. It was trying to get me player matches against people on the other side of the globe. Im no network expert, but that is never going to end well. So the Netduma is not fixing the bad netcode blahblhblahblahblahblahmatchmakingBlah Blah Blah Blah totally random Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. It does not play like offline for sure, Blah Blah Blah totally random Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. [The start menu] (character select;) ) thing Max mentions in his video is true as well. Blah Blah Blah totally random Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah totally random Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Blah Blah Blah totally random Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah.
ok thats what i basially got from your post.

but id say even though i agree with most of your posts, id have to say, dont let others waist $200 of their hard earned money on something that will not take away Input Delay.
and fix many of the Matchmaking issues among Netcode issues in the game.
it does not fix matchmaking on MKX just makes it better, and on XBL, Matchmaking is already close to nonexistent...

so my warning is: I have NetDOOMa and LAGbuster.. and they do not fix it, works great for other games! save your money.

I tested the router in player matches only last night. I will test again in ranked and see how that goes. I realize now that the one big issue with xbox which is system I play on it is not region locked like the PS4. It was trying to get me player matches against people on the other side of the globe. Im no network expert, but that is never going to end well. So the Netduma is not fixing the bad netcode it is only improving the matchmaking and getting you with people closer by and with better ping to you. You can control the quality of connection that you get matched with, where as with just the built in matchmaking it must have been totally random or first available that it paired you up with. It does not play like offline for sure, but I was able to play for hours straight last night and when I was done I did not have the though of "I am done with this game" like I did before. I was consistently able to land combos like I can in practice mode. The start menu thing Max mentions in his video is true as well. You can tell when you have a good connection to someone because there is no delay in the character select screen. Using the router l was able to notice the same thing he mentions. One thing that was sacrificed was the time it took to find a player match. It was 3-4min to find a match, but the quality was good so I feel its worth waiting a few minutes longer to get a better connection to someone. With a good connection people tend to stick around for more than one player match at a time.
I'd rather wait longer than play in lag, I just ordered mine as I don't think there is any hope of MKX netcode being improved. I read the other post and like you said I see this as an investment for the future as well because I plan to play other games shooters, racing games, etc. Thanks for the feedback

Note: By no means I was trying to advertise this product, I was just trying to get feedback from others. I'm desperate LOL

MadeOfMetal

MKX: Playable Edition was just announced.

-MKX | $60
-KP1 & KP2 | $60
-Netduma Router | $200
-Fiber internet | $100 monthly fee

Just pay the intial $420, and you too can enjoy slightly below acceptable amounts of input lag!

Buy now!
LMAO
my thoughts exactly;)

im am one of those unfortunates that pre ordered: PC - XB1 & PS4(withKP)

ohh yeah dats alot of money for one game to function online.

KI still working great online:) funny right,, like hell im gonna pay even more for routers at all my houses.. and my friends are gonna cough out 200+, its cheaper to play another fighter or game. $60.00 and im good to go:)

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Might be talking about GameCube opting out of the whole online-console thing. In other words, not considering it that important.
I played my GameCube online... with ONE GAME (PSO) and I had to buy a keyboard controller from Japan so I could chat with other people lol

Robotic

Gentleman.
I considered getting this thing when I was still playing, but shit. I already paid out the ass for the game, the PS4 (which is like $600 here), the DLC, PS Plus and whatever else there was. I shouldn't have to pay another couple of hundred because of NRS' prehistoric netcode.
Welcome...to Jurassic Netcode.

(Had to)

RM_NINfan101

Nine Inch Nails fan from Metro Detroit, Michigan
No one should have to buy a 200$ router to do something the devs can easily patch in. (Better matchmaking/Ping detection system). They may not be able to reduce the frame delay naturally, but at least gimme opponents I can actually play against.

It's great that this is a workaround, but still a pretty big blow up.

Also, are they really STILL using the source code for MKvsDC? I just have to ask.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
GG NRS, you sold another "tournament level" fighting game with shit netcode that not only makes the online experience inconsistent, but ruins the online games themselves to lag-friendly exploits (d3/4 jailing, NJP kangarooing, Mileena's ball roll magaically becoming +13 on block, etc.).

What's better yet, is that you guys either deflect the problem by saying repugnant shit like "just play wired" or "this guy might not have the best connection" when it's clear to anyone who's played the game that your netcode is shit. The fact that you refuse to even acknowledge it is what makes me angry. But what do they care---- they're waitin for all the cash to start flowing in on KP2 pre-orders and spending all their money on marketing campaigns.

mercureXI

Punching bag that throws fans !
Well, let's be honest, they just want you to stop playing MKX altogether just in time for IGAU2 to launch.

They'll promise better netcode (every time !), you'll buy the game, it will be garbage netcode again.

And so on ...

I'm out of the time loop though.

Either they step up and actually use SOME of the HUGE amount of money they gathered with MKX to enhance their netcode, or I'll just drop my money elsewhere.

And that's if I feel bored playing SFV by the time IGAU2 launches. Which is a BIG "if".

Capcom : roster not hidden behind a paywall, enhanced netcode + beta, etc
NRS : have to pay for full roster, archaic netcode from back when TVs were black and white, etc

They better step up, or they will keep on being FGC's joke next year again.

And honestly, I'm growing tired of supporting and buying shit from people that lie / don't care enough about their community to apologize or try and find a solution about that matter / keep on selling DLCs while this problem remains.

MKX should be THE best MK ever

But it's just another game that's fantastic to watch on streams, but you can't play unless you have an offline scene (next to MvC3 and KoF XIII).

Not good enough ... especially in 2015 ... especially with all the money they gathered from us.

Last edited:

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
As much as I respect max and his videos. This is ridiculous, as a router is not going to fix these issues (masking the real issue with how MKX is programmed on it's shoddy P2P 2008 connections), it may help filter bad traffic and adjust it to your preferences but the game is at fault at all angles online regardless.
Well.. Yeah, that's what Max says in the video. You watched it right?