What's new

Breakthrough - Boneshaper Making Shinnok's B+3 Overhead Safer on Block

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Im just asking, because to me its seems like a tight window, but if you can just indeed armor so be it.

Wound has a habit of acting like in some cases you have this amount of time......

When in reality its like this.....
I mean... The option of armoring b3 after hell sparks and his projectile on hit has always been there so if now you can make B3 safe. Why not?

True Grave

Giving The Gift Of Graves
Im just asking, because to me its seems like a tight window, but if you can just indeed armor so be it.

Wound has a habit of acting like in some cases you have this amount of time......

When in reality its like this.....
Nice examples lol. I understand exactly what you mean. I have the same problem with certain things because I don't react fast enough. Just have to bang it I to your head so it becomes reaction.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I give REO an A for effort for his investigation on this...

And I know the Bone Shaper activists are saaaaaalivating at the prospect as using this as some kind of ammunition for luxury nerfs.

But, let's get a few things straight.

B3 does have 4 active frames, and he does have less recovery to deal with if blocked on the later possible active frames. That is entirely true.

However, in this case scenario, this is almost entirely Mileena's problem.

Mileena's roll, while active on the 8th frame, has poor travelling frames. The first few active frames will only really make contact when she's point blank as point blank can be, and it's why it has trouble punishing things on block in the -8 to -14 range. It's something I and others have noticed with one of my main training partners @theGabStandard when he has played some matchups.

Something like Reptile's dash however, despite being active 1 frame slower, can punish B3 from any distance/active frames that it is blocked.

So yeah, it is something I've been trying to keep in mind for a few matchups, but everyone might wanna refrain from pulling the strings on the party poppers just yet.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Like many already said i have almost 0 desire to play MK X atm. Kenshi in current state is "crap" and on the other spectrum there are characters like BS (stands for Bullshit Shinnok) which are borderline broken. Waiting for a patch.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Awesome tech, great post @YOMI REO!

I need to utilize the OH more anyway, now I definitely do if I can make it relatively safe. Good work!!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I give REO an A for effort for his investigation on this...

And I know the Bone Shaper activists are saaaaaalivating at the prospect as using this as some kind of ammunition for luxury nerfs.

But, let's get a few things straight.

B3 does have 4 active frames, and he does have less recovery to deal with if blocked on the later possible active frames. That is entirely true.

However, in this case scenario, this is almost entirely Mileena's problem.

Mileena's roll, while active on the 8th frame, has poor travelling frames. The first few active frames will only really make contact when she's point blank as point blank can be, and it's why it has trouble punishing things on block in the -8 to -14 range. It's something I and others have noticed with one of my main training partners @theGabStandard when he has played some matchups.

Something like Reptile's dash however, despite being active 1 frame slower, can punish B3 from any distance/active frames that it is blocked.

So yeah, it is something I've been trying to keep in mind for a few matchups, but everyone might wanna refrain from pulling the strings on the party poppers just yet.
Just a Mileena issue?

Reo has 15 names in the OP

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
Nice, I'm a fan. But add it to the list of things people wanna nerf so:

This, f4, d1, hell sparks, MB hell sparks, meter gain, chip, teleport, d4xxHell sparks, dark beam, f41d2 string.

Lil bag of goods there ready to be tossed out the window. I love this find though.

Death

Noob
Yeah I knew this for a while. Its really safe blocked at max range but if it hits you'd have to burn meter (scoop) to get the restand combo which is really good still but without meter not much damage.

STRYKIE

Just a Mileena issue?

Reo has 15 names in the OP
I would presume that's because of insufficient range on their normals/reversals when the B3 is blocked from max range. What I'm saying is, Mileena's roll isn't a good example to demonstrate how negative it actually is in that scenario. Nor is this the only single hitting overhead in the game where this comes into play.

Yeah, he said in the OP or at least implied it that it may not work on every character. @STRYKIE
Some of them seem a bit subjective though, I tested Erron before I even saw that list and I was able to punish with standing 2.

Ultimately I'd like some hands on with another person to test this with myself rather than training mode because, I've noticed all kinds of weird shit happening when trying to record normals.

Yeah I knew this for a while. Its really safe blocked at max range but if it hits you'd have to burn meter (scoop) to get the restand combo which is really good still but without meter not much damage.
A slight run into F2 with Bone Shaper should still work shouldn't it?

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah it's the same with SZs b2

But reading out because it's the active frames is really cool I never knew why

STRYKIE

Doubt it at max range its quite finicky up close. Plus you miss it and its 'Get whiff punished dawg!' bad news bears.
I used to just chalk it up to slack on my end but now I've actively been testing at max range specifically I'm not so sure...

Perhaps they should re-map Bone Shaper's F22 string and give it the universal F224 string, but right now I think I could do without the kind of uproar that asking for Bone Shaper specific improvements would cause, lol.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I used to just chalk it up to slack on my end but now I've actively been testing at max range specifically I'm not so sure...

Perhaps they should re-map Bone Shaper's F22 string and give it the universal F224 string, but right now I think I could do without the kind of uproar that asking for Bone Shaper specific improvements would cause, lol.
Still though even if you have to spend the bar from the overhead when its safe that is still a really good option. Even the mindgames behind it going for shimmied forward 4's. I'll have a mess with the link later but i'm guessing i'll drop it a bunch especially at max max range.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face

Lol giving him more good footsie tools. Imagine what would happen to this community...

This is probably even more useful for impostor due to the massive hit stun of mimicry.
You are 100% correct sir! With Impostor I have been doing it intuitively for a while, because Mimicry gives you so much time to space your 50/50, and also most combos I use to get the Mimicry leave you at just the right spacing to do a max range b3. And most of the times it is harder for people to react to b3 if you do it immediately after you recover from Mimicry at the max range.
Another thing is that Impostor can actually space his f4xxHell Sparks after mimicry to hit at max range so that all 3 hell sparks connect on block.
And of course you can also OS the f4xxHS, having only f4 come out on block leaving you at -7. But that OS is hard to consistently input for me)

Ray'sGoodLiquor

I don't care I'm not a competitive player anymore
Not seeing this being that groundbreaking for imposter, and just about anyone playing Shinnok for a while has noticed max range B3 is harder to punish, just like the majority of reaching normals in the game. I find little to no reason to not IATele after landing mimic for the sake of meter and keeping the post teleport NJP part of his mixup. Most people seem to hold stand block after mimicry hits, and don't commit to crouch blocking until I've hit the ground. This is probably why B3 post teleport for me lands a LOT compared to NJP and F4.

Also, just nerf the fuck out of Shinnok already, all three variations. I'd rather main a bottom tier than drown in the tears of people that can't make 10 posts without mentioning Shinnok at least 6 times. We get it already. The nerfs are coming...