What's new

Question - Sun God Mace Parry Bug?

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Here is a vid explaining the issue with some strings against Master Mace Parry

So some strings make Master Mace Parry act like it was wiffed

This also happened to me on stream against Empr Twisted kung laos F321 hat orbit also causes this you can see here around 2:48 i parry the gap and try to 114 punish but im in wiff recovery....:(

im not sure if this was known or if its even a bug i thought it should be know if it is.

@Qwark28
@Mr Aquaman
@Pnut
@UltraDavid
@AK L0rdoftheFLY

Last edited:

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
@GGA Fill Pops

this is happening to every kotal main and is actually a pretty big deal. Chef identified it as an invincibility frame. It looks like if the parry becomes active on the same frame as the move would hit you, it acts like a whiff but you take no damage. It can happen on any attack that...even attacks that are not normally parryable like scorp demons.

Some gaps in strings make it seem like it is more than 1 frame of invincibility like sonya's you showed. The gap is larger than one frame obviously but it still happens. weird.

@16 Bit

Reactions: GAV

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This seems like the Johnny Cage MK9 X-Ray.

There were alot of matches where I would X-Ray in MK9, and nothing would happen because of the invincibility frame. Not sure why Parries have these to begin with, just doesn't make sense to me.

I remember a certain situation where I was playing Noobe is casuals and he did a D3xBuzzsaw and I did the X-Ray in between it and Johnny did the full animation while the buzzsaw animation was still going through Johnny.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Here is a vid explaining the issue with some strings against Master Mace Parry

So some strings make Master Mace Parry act like it was wiffed

This also happened to me on stream against Empr Twisted kung laos F321 hat orbit also causes this you can see here around 2:48 i parry the gap and try to 114 punish but im in wiff recovery....:(

im not sure if this was known or if its even a bug i thought it should be know if it is.

@Qwark28
@Mr Aquaman
@Pnut
@UltraDavid
@AK L0rdoftheFLY
edit: nvm, not the same bug,

Yeah, this has happened when parrying certain strings into specials, sucks balls.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
it has 1 frame of start up before the parry is active and invincibility on frame 0. This allows it to work as a wakeup, the 1 frame of invincibility on nonwakeup situations might be removed at a later date.

Jeffrey Wolf

YouTube: Jeffrey B Wolf
I was working on this last night against Sonya, actually. Though it sucks, as we all agree, if you Parry the first hit of that particular string, EN Parry the low kick (since regular Parry is too slow), and then regular Parry the last hit overhead, you can get a nice punish, as that string is already punishable and the Parry makes it more so. Plus, she can't escape, because the Parry stops her from cancelling into her special. Again, obviously, it would be much sweeter if we could create the same affect mid combo with a Parry interrupt, but it is what it is right now.