What's new

Love Mail

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I never understood how someone could "spam" a bnb / combo.... scrubs online are retarded
Reminds me of this kid i played a couple of days ago, i played with cyrax, soon as the fight starts i net him and did around 50% combo, he quits and sends me as messag: spamer. I wanted to reply with lovemail but then i was like ah fuck it

I send love mail occasionally such as "gg" or "nice [character.]" I eked out a victory against someone yesterday who was a real beast with Jade. I sent him a message saying "nice jade" and he responded with, "Thanks dude, but your cage was better gg." That made my afternoon.

Another time I won a close match with a guy and we rematched. I switched characters and this time I was totally wrecking him. He quits before the first round is over. I thought, "Oh well, that first match was fun." I start to type a "gg" message when I receive one from him that said, "now u spam?" So I edited my message-in-progress to say "whatever quitter." I generally don't talk trash but I will ruthlessly taunt rage quitters.

hardwire

Noob
i like to take on the trash talkers in the rooms
so i fought this one guy that said he was mk bla bla bla every one is a noob spammer (this really got me going)

so i challenge him and select smoke as i alwase do and he picks scorpion.

well the match gets under way and i am teleporting all over the field (for movement) and i end up flawlessing him and beating him prity easy.

well when this happens i expect to get lulz spammer but this time the guy messages me back saying well there is really nothing i can say you beat me like a drum and your smoke is gdlk

this gave me a great big smile and made my day

Phantom

Kitana Prime aka MK's Rated R Superstar
I handled some dude with overwhelming pressure and 1 flawless a couple of days ago and literally recieved this message:

"I love u"

Weirdest message ever.

Theme

Noob
The best fan mail Ive gotten to date is probably "I wnt 2 hve ur babys" Considering his name was something like Jesus123j or something like that, I was creeped out. So... thats not saying much lmfao.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I consistently get "Best Skarlet I've ever seen" in 40+ level TS ranked play. Or variations - you're Skarlet is beast, etc. I respond with a thanks and try to leave a helpful comment if something stood out to me in their strategy that I was taking more than normal advantage of (i.e. you always jump after teleport to a raiden, which lets me njp you into a 35-44%). Always try to be helpful.

I've considered climbing the Player Match ladder, but the option to refuse to fight someone (presumably because you believe they're better than you) is a philosophy that caters to people unwilling to play against someone who might beat them. I hate that philosophy - man up or shutup imo.

aj1701

Noob
I think it was last weekend, in random player matches I bumped into another Kitana mainer. So we played a set of mirror matches, mabye close to ten games or so. It was close, but he beat me out pretty much every time. I kept getting caught in a damn f41 combo, lol. Anyway after we stopped he messaged me, said I had a really nice Kitana but needed to work on my juggles. I sent him back that his Kitty was a bit better. That was pretty nice. I pointed him here.

Other than that had a few people that friended me after I beat them. One I actually play fairly often now.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
I do like rage quits that end in messages like this (actual exchange):

me: u mad?
him: so mad
me: ;)
him: <3