What's new

Love Mail

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
We all know and love the rage mail we receive and have had quite a few threads on it over time.

But what about the opposite of rage mail? What about love mail? Do you get that?

It can be as small as a gg to a thank you or even getting tips on how to play your character better.

I received a few lately:

"Major gg, now i want to go learn how to play Sub"
"good game, you're lyuben from testyourmight right? was good to play again! :D"
"Omg, you're in the top 10!!! *starstuck*"

leek

Noob
Played against an amazing nightwolf. he ended up showing me some really good stuff after we played,

"bro no offense, because your cage is good, but don't throw out the shadow kick so often even if you do catch me. your blocking hits are really nice though do you think you could show me them later"

I usually send love mail to good players online anyways; so not much to post. Learning not teaching :D

No love mail received all the way down here in the beginner lobbies. I do get the occasional "STOP BLOCKING BITCH", a "usuk spammer" in lobby chat, and "smoke is easy to play u pussy"

D_W

The Could-Have-Been King
The closest I get are some GGs. sending messages is such a pain without a keyboard.

I had one guy tell me he liked my wall combo with Liu Kang. It's nice to get compliments but that was an odd one to get because that combo is just the same three hit string five times in a row. Actually now that I'm thinking about it maybe he was being sarcastic? In which case this would be in the wrong thread, woops. My bad.

When I first started playing I had someone tell me afterwards that I was going for the big combos too often, which is good advice and I've tried to work more pokes and throws and such into my game. It's really helped.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
I've had people compliment my Noob on really rare occasions ^-^
"Nice corner kombo"
"I've never seen that portal thing before."
Mostly I just get accused of spamming though.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
I run into people from here all the time and get a message.
Lyuben I sent you a message when we got a DC the other day and I guess you're too cool to say whats up back. Jerkass.

I also try to send people GG or something after a good fight. Tryin' to keep things friendly out there.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Sorry doomfarmer, I must have not noticed it. I had a whole bunch of messages backed up from when I returned from holiday and I must have deleted it in the great purge of messages.

doomfarmer

unorthodox
It's all good, Lyuben. Can't be mad at a Sub Zero player.

Eight man, i'd send you some love but literally every time i've tried to get a game going with you in the TYM room we get DCed at the Vs. screen.

Eight

I am the salt
It's all good, Lyuben. Can't be mad at a Sub Zero player.

Eight man, i'd send you some love but literally every time i've tried to get a game going with you in the TYM room we get DCed at the Vs. screen.
Its the thought that counts <3

Creepy00

Noob
I wonder when this goin to end up , i still remember what happen last time. :/
Well, one that i remember the most was when i played against a smoke player and he raged quit. So, in the chatroom i said " lol another rage quiter" and minutes later he send " Well your better than no doubt, but not you or anyone one will keep me from getting better, i love this game even if i aint good at all" I was surprised readin it, and send a message saying "keep that up"

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Well, I used to receive like 10 lovemails a week during the first two months, and I still do, but not as much as before. People simply underestimate Sonya's abilities, and before they even notice, they're on the wall being slammed by a 49% combo. xD
Last one was "ROFL you're ridiculous. your Sonya makes me LOL" after defeating a very good Cage. I really appreciate this kind of stuff.

I also do send lovemail everytime I face a worthy opponent. Damn those countless Cyrax's traps and resets! LOL

"Whoa! sorry I wasn't much competition but damn, it was cool to see some crazy sonya combos!"
I gave him some links and advice because of he seemed like he'd be interested in learning w hat he did wrong.

a week later I throw him an invite, after round 1 I get

"Just finish it"

He went from be excited about MK to jaded in 7 days lol

I wish I got love mail :( I guess it happens in the miconly and tym lobbies but other than that the closest I got was "gg but why corner combo?"
I was just like... dude wat

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
I dont want to brag, but I get a lot of mail telling me I'm the best reptile they've seen. Oh you guys~
Well while we are on the topic of mail and reptile. A reptile player accused of being terrible because I trapped them in the corner with d4 and they said "spamming d4 with sz beats any rep move u dumb twat learn the game"

is this true?

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I'm really surprised by the community online. I expected a lot of hate mail, and I get some of that, but I was just reading through my messages yesterday and it was 90% positive with only 10% dumb. Usually when I destroy someone I look over to my girlfriend and say, whoa, I'll be surprised if I don't get some sort of hate mail about that, and when I get a message I'm like oh shit here we go, and I check it and it says something like 'awesome fight, your Jade is intense'. Also, when I get owned in a match, and see a message pop up I always think, 'shit, do I really want to read this?', and then I check it and its advice, or a 'man I thought you had me there, gg'. All in all its been a lot more positive then I had thought.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Well while we are on the topic of mail and reptile. A reptile player accused of being terrible because I trapped them in the corner with d4 and they said "spamming d4 with sz beats any rep move u dumb twat learn the game"

is this true?
Not really. Reptile certainly struggles in the corner against sub, but the guy was probably just trying to mash out a dash or something while you were d4-ing.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
HA! The bum is on TYM as well he said to me "if we take d4 away you are shit and will lose" i said to him "take out a move cuz u are shit? I found your weakness and exploited it" he replied with "how is a mechanic a weakness u dumb cunt? cant believe ur on tym forums nd still a noob"

Help me out guys, I want to send him some tips and love mail. How would a reptile get out?

zee

Icy
Lyuben, most d4's in the game gives such advantage that you can go for uninterruptible pressure after it hits, even if you have to do a short dash. If your d4 is blocked, the opponent can release block immediately and respond with a quick poke of their own that will beat your next poke.

On topic: *sprinkles rose petals on Omega*. Lol this guy is a lot of fun to play against, and we sometimes experiment with strategies and oddball stuff to see what works. :) He did give me a nice Sub compliment when we first played, thanks bro.