What's new

Video/Tutorial - Dragons Fire Liu Kang corner block trap

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
jax can almost recreate the same situation with 11
Said this earlier in the thread but I will repeat it once more Jax's pressure does not loop in anyway, there are counters to each and every button/string Jax does. Jax's pressure is in no way shape or form similar to Liu Kangs.

Jax's gameplan is to open you up with 50/50's when he reads blocks/poking you when you think you can poke/armor breaking you if he can/baiting a reversal/frame trapping a high string.

Jax's only jail is a high stand 4 which jails into plasma or RC in HW where he is around +15.

Parasurama

Dragon
Said this earlier in the thread but I will repeat it once more Jax's pressure does not loop in anyway, there are counters to each and every button/string Jax does. Jax's pressure is in no way shape or form similar to Liu Kangs.

Jax's gameplan is to open you up with 50/50's when he reads blocks/poking you when you think you can poke/armor breaking you if he can/baiting a reversal/frame trapping a high string.

Jax's only jail is a high stand 4 which jails into plasma or RC in HW where he is around +15.

I think he refers to +2 after FK MB only and how certain characters (4 somebody said) will always struggle with characters who get frame adv or traps. Jax has more complete game than Liu Kang DF, but what LK has is very good. If people mess with it then he would no longer be viable.

Undeadjim

Green Lantern Corps.
I think he refers to +2 after FK MB only and how certain characters (4 somebody said) will always struggle with characters who get frame adv or traps. Jax has more complete game than Liu Kang DF, but what LK has is very good. If people mess with it then he would no longer be viable.
Even with the same +2 my two mids are 11 and 13 frames, so they would turn into 9 and 11 respectively. I'm pretty sure every character can get out with a quicker normal if I choose the 11 frame mid option, not to mention its slow enough that your armor will work, I can break armor with 12 but it starts high so your poke will always work.

The main difference with Jax is during a sequence of pokes and string there are multiple reads involved moving from different frame advantages, the Liu Kang loops involve one read that either gets you out or puts you back in a situation where its possible for Liu to run his jailing pressure.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
The answer does not lie in making f2 a high because

1. It would send dualist to the graveyard.

2. If the blockstun stayed the same then you would still be jailed in the same way Laos ex hat spin into s1 worked.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.

I said almost for one. Secondly I mentioned that the characters that get stuck in the pseudo infinite will have the same issue with jax 11 pressure.

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
The last hit only does 5%
Liu Kang can still FBRC afrer F213 on hit and reach the landing ground of the opponent, making him guess wake up and be looped in pressure all over again.

But this is not a big deal. Just let yourself hit after 3rd F213 in "F213 FBRC F213 FBRC F213" string and you will be safe because Liu Kang won't have stamina to catch you on wake up when you fly away after getting the last hit of this block string.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He only needs 1 bar to loop infinitely bro. Also, you're only thinking on behalf of the Liu Kang player making mistakes, what happens if I fail to poke out? I get fucked and put back into the situation. Bad news for me, I guess huh? And if I have meter, I have to guess whether or not he's gonna try to armor break me. I have an option but he also has an option to counter it. There shouldn't be an option to counter literally everything I do and put me back into the situation, and the make me block infinitely if I have no meter. see?
For the hundred billionth time, no Liu Kang won't chip you to death.

As for having an option to counter everything you do and vice versa, welcome to fighting games and its meta.

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
The answer does not lie in making f2 a high because

1. It would send dualist to the graveyard.

2. If the blockstun stayed the same then you
would still be jailed in the same way Laos ex hat spin into s1 worked.
Hey Phos, wouldn't it just let the F213 loops jail (a good thing) but then give the EB or Kenshi or whoever opponent a chance to poke out or duck at the end of the Meterburn reset so that he can't just mindlessly dive back into it?

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
Liu Kang can still FBRC afrer F213 on hit and reach the landing ground of the opponent, making him guess wake up and be looped in pressure all over again.

But this is not a big deal. Just let yourself hit after 3rd F213 in "F213 FBRC F213 FBRC F213" string and you will be safe because Liu Kang won't have stamina to catch you on wake up when you fly away after getting the last hit of this block string.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Isn't this corner tech?

GreatKungLao

LiuTana
Isn't this corner tech?
During one of the latest streams that Tom Brady did, he was also explaining that it will work midscreen as well, showing against Kenshi as an example. In the chat I actually suggested that Kenshi should take the last hit in F213, but it didn't helped the situation at all. Liu Kang indeed can FBRC F213 on hit and run right to the landed enemy and catch his armor wake up with B12, which crushes everything Kenshi can do on wake up with armor. But imagine if Kenshi doesn't have meter at all, then even letting himself hit with F213 will just place him in a worse position, because F213 on hit sends you really close to the corner.

Prinz

watch?v=a8PEVV6tt14
Giving Erron a 6f d1 isn't gonna change much the character as long as it doesn't stay +14 on hit.

Last edited:

Parasurama

Dragon
Hey Phos, wouldn't it just let the F213 loops jail (a good thing) but then give the EB or Kenshi or whoever opponent a chance to poke out or duck at the end of the Meterburn reset so that he can't just mindlessly dive back into it?
Yeah, the few characters that need a way out, because most of the cast already have one, should get their chance at the end of the FK MB. I agree with this. I like the idea of a guessing game at the end of the FK MB.

Parasurama

Dragon
Even with the same +2 my two mids are 11 and 13 frames, so they would turn into 9 and 11 respectively. I'm pretty sure every character can get out with a quicker normal if I choose the 11 frame mid option, not to mention its slow enough that your armor will work, I can break armor with 12 but it starts high so your poke will always work.

The main difference with Jax is during a sequence of pokes and string there are multiple reads involved moving from different frame advantages, the Liu Kang loops involve one read that either gets you out or puts you back in a situation where its possible for Liu to run his jailing pressure.
Thanks, Jax already has ways out of this.... we just need for Kenshi and a few others to have options with frame advantage pressure. The F213 jailing is fine, it require patience to get out at the FK MB reset, this is the main issue, and I think it is what NRS intended.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
This will stay because the simple fact remains that execution is key f213 fbrc isn't an easy task if so please post a video of your grandmother doing continuous reps. No average Joe or scrub kang can do this consistently let alone in a real match when the pressure is on. it takes God like execution. compared to what scorpion had and what Tanya can do now this shit should be appreciated and respected like hitting an omen God thunder fist (ogtf) and an electric (EWGF) in tekken . But the issue here is him being + 1 or 2 but if only four characters have issues with it tough to titty. jax can almost recreate the same situation with 11 and these 4 characters would also get fucked. Not even going to bring up subzero but he actually fucks a lot of characters in the corner. Liu is fine he's not pre patch injustice scorpion so all this needs to chill. Either help those 4 out or leave liu alone unless you want ppl to play flame fist which will be the case if you touch Liu.
This has to be a troll post...

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Still wouldn't stop all his options.

The best thing would be to add more push back to f213. Enough where he can loop once but not twice.

This would limit his metergain and the opponent would have an easier time to escape.

It'll also make backdash a viable option

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
For the hundred billionth time, no Liu Kang won't chip you to death.

As for having an option to counter everything you do and vice versa, welcome to fighting games and its meta.
JDM is a fighting game vet and PARTICIPATES in more than just MKX. He's placed well at plenty major tournaments including EVO for several games. I'd take more heed to his word than u have.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
It would, but you might as well delete Dualist if the solution is to make f2 a high.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Still wouldn't stop all his options.

The best thing would be to add more push back to f213. Enough where he can loop once but not twice.

This would limit his metergain and the opponent would have an easier time to escape.

It'll also make backdash a viable option
Do you not understand that this isn't the problem?

JDM is a fighting game vet and PARTICIPATES in more than just MKX. He's placed well at plenty major tournaments including EVO for several games. I'd take more heed to his word than u have.
is it just the NRS community that is this retarded or what?

"There shoudn't be an option to counter my option"

Are you fuckin serious?